GangstaBoy

'Big Eyes' and 'I Can Fly' Released, Featured in Tim Burton's 'Big Eyes'

I don't understand why this is not uploaded on her YT chanel, Vevo or anything?

And these two songs are the first officially released Lana tracks were I don't find myself interested in listening to, maybe because it's obvious that it is soundtrack music.

And maybe exactly that#s the reason why they are not on Vevo/YT anything. She sings the songs, but they are obviously soundtrack songs and nothing which would work as a standalone-song like Y&B.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

It's not officially released..wait until the 25th.

I'm sure there'll be a music video as well because they are campaigning the song for the golden globes already.

which is already better compared to what Warner bros./ interscope did with Y&B that song got piss poor campaign. 

@@Electric Body I couldn't agree more with everything you posted

I've been listening to the new songs for a while now and honestly I don't get the Big eyes praise. I mean, the whole thing sounds messy and unfinished, that weird acapella in the beginning? no thanks... the lyrics are meh, straight from the movie, as if she was only describing what she watched. Worst thing is the chorus, it's like she was 'um need to find a word that rhymes with eyes... lies! Whatever it still works with the movie'.

I Can Fly is really nice, I'm quite fond of it. The lyrics are much better than BE. It's a solid song.

ZmJh1LG.jpg

And maybe exactly that#s the reason why they are not on Vevo/YT anything. She sings the songs, but they are obviously soundtrack songs and nothing which would work as a standalone-song like Y&B.

I've been listening to the new songs for a while now and honestly I don't get the Big eyes praise. I mean, the whole thing sounds messy and unfinished, that weird acapella in the beginning? no thanks... the lyrics are meh, straight from the movie, as if she was only describing what she was watched. Worst thing is the chorus, it's like she was 'um need to find a word that rhymes with eyes... lies! Whatever it still works with the movie'.

I Can Fly is really nice, I'm quite fond of it. The lyrics are much better than BE. It's a solid song.

The repetition, Lana's choruses teas

I've been listening to the new songs for a while now and honestly I don't get the Big eyes praise. I mean, the whole thing sounds messy and unfinished, that weird acapella in the beginning? no thanks... the lyrics are meh, straight from the movie, as if she was only describing what she watched. Worst thing is the chorus, it's like she was 'um need to find a word that rhymes with eyes... lies! Whatever it still works with the movie'.

That's really nice to hear, but what I said for the most part was that I disliked ICF :eek:

I am so in love with these two songs, I can't even find the right words.  I feel like Lana went above and beyond what was required of her.  The songs fit the story, yet they ring personal, as well. WOW WOW WOW ... Lana is finally getting the credit she deserves. To be commissioned by Tim Burton is a huge deal, and she did NOT disappoint. 

I thought you said it was ok :toofunny:

Then I agree with almost everything you posted lel

Haha, well I agree with you on the part that BE is very soundtrack-ish, the lyrics of the second verse are stupid and the production/construct of the song is a bit messy. But I think it's a great song, however it would need a bit ... more of whatever. It's the same with FMWUTT, both are great songs but just when you get into some kind of mood, the song is already ending.

I Can Fly .. no, I don't like it the more I listen to it. The lyrics are meh and the way she sings them reserves them a seat for "the most boring lyrics" next to Lucky Ones and Cruel World. The chorus however is the worst part for me. This "IIIIIIIIII can FLYHYHYHYYYYYYY" is so .. exhausting and, how leaked would call it, "faux-emotion". It kind of reminds me of Angels Forever, Forever Angels, just without any passion/beauty in it. I prefer Guns And Roses to it anytime.

Haha, well I agree with you on the part that BE is very soundtrack-ish, the lyrics of the second verse are stupid and the production/construct of the song is a bit messy. But I think it's a great song, however it would need a bit ... more of whatever. It's the same with FMWUTT, both are great songs but just when you get into some kind of mood, the song is already ending.

I Can Fly .. no, I don't like it the more I listen to it. The lyrics are meh and the way she sings them reserves them a seat for "the most boring lyrics" next to Lucky Ones and Cruel World. The chorus however is the worst part for me. This "IIIIIIIIII can FLYHYHYHYYYYYYY" is so .. exhausting and, how leaked would call it, "faux-emotion". It kind of reminds me of Angels Forever, Forever Angels, just without any passion/beauty in it. I prefer Guns And Roses to it anytime.

I'm just gonna pretend you didn't talk about ICF at all :cuteface:

ZmJh1LG.jpg

"Working on a new record" doesn't (necessarily) mean recording it.

I actually think that "working on a record" means she now has a particular theme or title for the next LP, which will now shapes the sound and the production and etc. 

I actually think that "working on a record" means she now has a particular theme or title for the next LP, which will now shapes the sound and the production and etc.

She has implied before that her process starts from deciding the name and the theme of the record. I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that she decided to call her next album Ultra-violence and have eleven tracks on the record before she had written the title track or any songs off the record. She has already expressed interest in working with Giorgio Moroder, and he's talked about working with her, so right now I don't care how long we have to wait because I'm sure that if she's already excited enough to be talking about her next record and if both of them are interested whatever we get will be fucking awesome. Not sure if he'll work with her on some EP re-release of UV like she's talked about making before, or whether they'll produce an entirely new record together.

(Just imagine a HOUSE style Lana era :eartha2:)