ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

Please don't leak the whole thing or we may never get the album

tbh I think it's a bit late for her to do that, the label prbly has everything planned out and in motion by now.

qpgosw.jpg

If it's leaked rn e're going to be the only ones to see it/bother to dl it 2 days early and we're also the people who brought UV even after begging for leaks for 4 nights straight  :hooker:

If a real bop (and woah it sounds like it will be) it's gonna be a hit regardless.

tZ7WN4B.gif

The only major thing I'm not loving about this era so far is some of the awful lyrics (the choruses of both Honeymoon & HBTB are probably some of the worst lyrics Lana's ever written). I'm also struggling to understand what the fuck HBTB is actually about? Like, from what I can grasp she says "fuck you" to her lover and leaves him to get high on the beach, which is so random. I also don't like the production for the last 10 seconds or so, I wish it ended a bit better.

Unfortunately, nothing from the Honeymoon era has been as iconic or snatched my weave like West Coast did, but despite that, I'm loving everything we've gotten so far and I cannot wait for the remainder of the album. Lana has never disappointed thus far with her works, and I really can't see Honeymoon being an exception at this point.

The only major thing I'm not loving about this era so far is some of the awful lyrics (the choruses of both Honeymoon & HBTB are probably some of the worst lyrics Lana's ever written). I'm also struggling to understand what the fuck HBTB is actually about? Like, from what I can grasp she says "fuck you" to her lover and leaves him to get high on the beach, which is so random. I also don't like the production for the last 10 seconds or so, I wish it ended a bit better.

Unfortunately, nothing from the Honeymoon era has been as iconic or snatched my weave like West Coast did, but despite that, I'm loving everything we've gotten so far and I cannot wait for the remainder of the album. Lana has never disappointed thus far with her works, and I really can't see Honeymoon being an exception at this point.

just a guess, maybe she is talking about the industry, the job, etc.. she 'doesn't want to do it anymore', just wants to get high on the beach..

LOL.. i dont know, shes a complicated deep thinking young lady.. got the house on the beach now too right? maybe need that helicopter still tho.. :D

just a guess, maybe she is talking about the industry, the job, etc.. she 'doesn't want to do it anymore', just wants to get high on the beach..

LOL.. i dont know, shes a complicated deep thinking young lady.. got the house on the beach now too right? maybe need that helicopter still tho.. :D

Or I wonder if the chorus is meant to be sarcastic, referencing Barrie/her ex's constant drug use.

Or I wonder if the chorus is meant to be sarcastic, referencing Barrie/her ex's constant drug use.

I actually like this idea a lot tbh. I know that people can do what they want & if Lana wants to take drugs by the beach then that's her decision, but I've never been a big fan of how she constantly name drops drugs and makes such an effort to glamorise them, which I feel like she almost does in this song. I feel like if this was sarcastic it would actually have a lot more meaning that if she literally just wants to "get high by the beach"

Also, mess @ me being right like 10 pages back when I speculated that Lana would find some way to incorporate her drug obsession into a song. The whole chorus of this song is basically screaming yayo to me lmao