ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

I don't get why you have to be so vitriolic regarding Miley's cover. She was paying homage to Lana, not trying to "outdo" her own song.

Nah some seem to think it's better which is not AT ALL. Miley has power (just to be loud.. a mess :lmao: ) and an ok chest voice but nowhere near Lana.

OMG, now we have moved to: HEW IS ALL BETTER LIVE THAN LANA????

Pls bitches, you can say about Miley whatever you want to say about her, but she beats Lana in every department when it comes to live singing. Let's not be delusional and talk about peaks in terms of live singing which is just a joke. 

At this point it is gettin ridic.

Miley is trash  :lmao:

Still not sure why we're discussing live performances at all, I thought this was a thread for Lana's new album 

I agree that what we discussed is not news but this is why I consider that Honeymoon is mostly about Lana as a singer.

What is Lana contribution as an artist to an album:

1. She is a lyricist. As a benevolent critic put it she's a great lyricist compared to Top 40 artist but noting special if we comparing her with the alt scene. Can we expect a revolution in her lyricism with Honeymoon? I don't think so. She said that the new album is ”noirish”. Well, all of her albums are ”noir” compared to the pop scene. Will be more darker than UV? I can imagine a twisted honeymoon theme from her but after she ditched unceremoniously the UV era and she said that she went to far, I expect a milder theme for Honeymoon without experimentation.

2. The sound. We have this Ronson guy with his funk sound. I don't know. If he stays at the helm of the album it will sound differently than BTD and UV and that is a wild card given her distinct voice that maybe will work maybe not with his production. I expect good melodies (lanasque sound) but this is what everybody expects from her: the Lana Del Rey vibe. We'll get it. But will be enough for me as a fan or for the GP and critics?

3. The performances (the singing). Her album sound is good albeit I thought that UV used to much reverb. In the UV era we didn't get any live performances except the festivals and some concerts with a mostly BTD setlist. Her concert reviews were mixed, the critics underlined that she has adoring fans who out-sing her and that her shows are short and somewhat unprofessional (what was annoying for some was that especially the new songs had heavy backup vocals that didn't matched very well with her live vocals). She didn't perform live in more than two years on television. 

It is her sound, lyrics or vibe new anymore? No, she lost her cool factor. After UV, her credibility issues as an artist shifts towards her abilities as a singer in my view. For me this will be the turning point regarding her artistry: I want her to express her thoughts towards me (as a part of the audience) convincingly,in a way that i feel that she meant the things she wrote. I need the live performances to take her art seriously (maybe is just me) because the way she explained and performed UV is just unconvincing

Remember when Lana first announced UV? Then we had that thread that rapidly spiralled into shit and I started talking about my pet horse Derrick, the one with erectile dysfunction?

Yeah, let's not let this thread get to that stage. This community is fragile enough as it is.

I don't get why you have to be so vitriolic regarding Miley's cover. She was paying homage to Lana, not trying to "outdo" her own song.

Speaking of live lounge, it seems a lot of you have forgotten Lana's cover of Goodbye Kiss. That was a fucking outstanding live performance. I think the only place she has trouble with live performances is when she's trying to sing over Blake's loud guitar and the obnoxious fan girls in the front row screaming their tits off. When Lana's given a respectfully quiet, calm venue she can actually kill any song (with the obvious exception of her SNL performance but come on it was her first live performance and it was being televised LIVE, that was too much stress to put on someone like her when she was just starting out)

Still not sure why we're discussing live performances at all, I thought this was a thread for Lana's new album :wtf:

:mariah:

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

Lana Boards always acts so above the whole stan war thing and here we are filling entire pages with 'umM hAv u HeArd HeR liVe shE canT siNg laNa is SoO00 mucH beTtr!!1' The live vocals discussion and the overuse of the lmao emoticon are kind of annyoing :delicious:

Please control yourselves and don't make them close this thread :crying4:

kySyfQZ.jpg

You're delusional if you think you should worship every piece an artist creates. The whole point of a forum or discussion board is to have a discussion (madness I know!) and if you can't handle a variety of opinions then I suggest you stay away from one.

This really sounds like you're implying that anyone who likes UV is just blindly worshiping Lana...In addition to shooting down others' opinions while saying how they should value yours. How aren't you seeing how this could be insulting

'Early News of Lana's Next Album - Honeymoon' lolll.gif

yawn.gif

Lol you're right though, I changed it to mirror the messy UV pre-album thread

And that's fine, but it works both ways. You shouldn't make a general, definitive statement like "UV isn't high quality" when many fans feel very differently about it.

So preach to the person who says it is high quality too then, since, as you put it, it works both ways.

So preach to the person who says it is high quality too then, since, as you put it, it works both ways.

You have such narrow vision.

OK. Huge difference between "UV is an amazing quality piece of work! :)" and directly responding to someone who's pleasantly appreciating something they love w a "UV has no quality"

Like girl for real you've been so rude in this thread.

No one who's praising the album needs to be preached to because they're simply appreciating something they like. The problem was that someone was simply talking about an album they like and you made an ugly rude response to them basically saying it's trash, and then bitching at anyone who called you out by saying they're not letting you speak your mind. Yet you were the first person criticizing someone for giving THEIR opinion on UV.

h y p o c r i t e

14417469274.gif

Are you referring to me? :bye:

For one thing, the whole reason this argument started was when you insisted UV was "Not that great of an album"

In a thread not at all related to UV :hooker:

You said this after @@ilovetati said something about wishing for an era with the musical style of UV with the aesthetic style of BTD (big budget videos, etc.)

In short, you took a post both relevant to the thread's subject and respectful of all other opinions, and replied with a rude statement about something entirely subjective.

I was offended by your insinuation that an album I liked was bad, especially considering the inappropriate venue you choose to express this opinion (this is the HONEYMOON thread)

And so I replied by saying that as someone that likes that LP I thought your post was annoying and irrelevant. I was hoping that the discussion would end there. Apparently you're too stubborn to admit that as the individual that instigated this irrelevant discussion it's your responsibility to acknowledge what you said was offensive and unnecessary.

Surprisingly enough, I'm a fan of BTD too, I was a member of this forum before UV came out, I just prefer UV because I find it a more consistent record. I didn't feel the need to mention my opinion in this thread until you started spouting off about how UV was a bad album. In the context of this thread this makes as much sense as me mentioning my aversion to Lady GaGa. More then that, it's like me saying that Lady GaGa is a bad artist and that her music is tasteless when I'm aware there are many fans of her music reading this thread right now.

I like UV, you prefer BTD. THIS IS THE HONEYMOON THREAD