ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

Don't forget 2 things- shortly the industry is shifting to a universal Friday release date and the billboard charts will also change the days the first weeks charts cover

Also- artists now are dropping surprises, and one has to take into account, like movies do, that release dates are important in securing a #1 album. So the album may be surprise released without much advance or any advance

As they say, Sam Smith who basically copied Lana, made a huge mistake releasing his debut the same day as Lana and only debuted at #2.

Sam did not reached #1 in the US.

And Billboard was predicting Sam would get to #1after the Grammy's, and guess what? Drake surprised and Sam will have to be happy with a #2

BTW-didn't it irritate some here that Lana did SNL, and she was crucified for just standing by piano and singing

Sam does SNL, basically imitates Lana standing at the piano, holding the microphone stand and he is loved? The disconnect is amazing.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I also wonder if Lana will be producing more tracks herself for this album. She seems to have a lot of artistic control anyway and produced a handful of UV tracks.

I really hope this too 

Sam does SNL, basically imitates Lana standing at the piano, holding the microphone stand and he is loved? The disconnect is amazing.

That's because Lana was a) A woman b) An Internet sensation + it was her time to show her authenticity.

Well, Lana announced that she was working with Dan on Twitter last February, so hopefully we will get real producer news soon.

Yeah, right. :toofunny:

ETA: I also wonder if Lana will be producing more tracks herself for this album. She seems to have a lot of artistic control anyway and produced a handful of UV tracks.

Dan Heath or Dan Auerbach? You are giving me a heart attack

You want a leak of that kind?

I feel like if that happened again, we'd be done for. I have such high expectations for Honeymoon based on the fact that she said her "muse is fickle." If her muse decided to show itself directly after UV was released then I think we'll get strong material. If she truly is over UV (or wasn't super inspired by it in the first place) then I can't imagine what we'll get now, because UV is a masterpiece, regardless.  :flutter:

You want a leak of that kind?

I think they meant that kind of sound/lyrics rather than a leak. I mourn daily for the album that could have been, but I don't truly think Honeymoon will be like that.

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.