ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

not just ride... also National Anthem and Tropico... just reading what I read earlier, I can tell less than half this forum watched Tropico from start to finished and understood the masterpiece

I watched it from the Start to finished and it was awsome, that made me stan her even more.

I Wish she would do this with Ultraviolence too

Mfhp.gif

I never said people coulnd't disagree with me.

But posting "punch-in-the-face" smileys and saying things like "but you probably wouldnt know the magic of poetry even if it hit you across the face" ... thgis are things that make me angry.

geez people can't take jokes.. youre acting like i actually punched you in the face!!

first things first, art is different to everybody, art can be anything!! her using cliche americana images is her signature if you havent noticed by now. all the desert, the scenery, the music, and Lana acting psychotic is how she expresses her art. She in the desert and with many different people like Jack Kerouac's novel "On The Road" which the video and her artistry are heavily influenced on.

Lana is a very proud American, let her show her americana, ITS HER IMAGE!! The monologue undertones her drinking past and her rebellious teen years. I cant change the fact that you believe Ride is overrated.

There needs to be a version of Godwin's law, but with Katy. "As time goes on, the probability of a pop music stan condescendingly telling someone to listen to Katy Perry approaches one." Not liking Ride doesn't make you unsophisticated. Art isn't two opposite poles of Lana and Katy. Accusing someone of liking Katy is cheap and pointless. People can like music for different purposes. Katy is a feel good artist, not an auteur, and I'm fine with that. If I want musical sophistication, I'll listen to classical, and if I want poetic sophistication, I'll read an actual poem. Let's also not pretend like Lana is the purest form of art or anything. She's a great artist, but she is so not perfect or even close.

( Dear John, please don't let me be misunderstood. :creep: )

lana just incorporates it all with music and persona!! dont crucify me just cause im saying lanas art is beautiful!! true that if i wanted poetic sophistication i could just read a poem, but where can i find a poetry book called "beautiful new yorker travels to the west coast, goes wild, and falls in and out of love" on a library shelf?? lana ties in music, scenery, poetry, and vibes all together!!

@@salvatore

also not pretend like Lana is the purest form of art or anything. She's a great artist, but she is so not perfect or even close

tumblr_msu8fcNMsj1qk6wc3o4_250.gif

So, if we trust in ilovetati's theories...

Lana might sing a new song tonight. :oprah:

So, if we trust in ilovetati's theories...

Lana might sing a new song tonight. :oprah:

Don't trust my theories :rip:

I think Governor's Ball is the more likely location for a song debut tbh. The Hollywood Bowl just feels very Lana-esque.

At least, the only good thing about this is that, IF we can trust her words, the new abloom is coming out in 3 months, maybe 4. I can wait. I just need some buzz. Idk, I live for that shit and I totally own it.

when did she said that?

Please no ethereal singing or talking about love lost. I want Velvet Crowbar meets Lolita teas for this album

I want some heavy drums and screaming etc. Her singing Serial Killer has given me a touch of hope

Sry if I sound insane, I'm on mobile

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

I can't handle y'all having the exact same display picture. :rip:

I'm an odd mixture of being extremely hyped yet calm. I want the songs bad but I just want it all to be done right this time. I am SO excited to see her in June now though. She is just being so quiet but yet the album just feels like its close.

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

I'm kind of resigned to the fact that we may not get Honeymoon till August or early September. As long as everything else happening around that time  ( Properly promoting this time round -however sparse that maybe,new singles dropping every few weeks and new MV) works according to plan and isn't a goddamn train-wreck then I will be happy waiting for it to be release at a later date.

I also hope Lana/Insterscope really makes this a long era too like BTD + PD and not a premature death-like UV era...

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

I will be upset if Honeymoon turns out to be Paradise 2.0. It's strange that when UV came out I found it really difficult to "accept" in terms of style and production, but now I massively prefer UV production to Paradise production for some reason. Paradise isn't the exciting "hip-hop"of BTD, nor the organic "rock" of UV. I find it quite tepid and synthetic now. :/ Rambling aside, I hope she gets the production of HM right. I don't think UV would have been as acclaimed if the production was different.

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

I will be upset if Honeymoon turns out to be Paradise 2.0. It's strange that when UV came out I found it really difficult to "accept" in terms of style and production, but now I massively prefer UV production to Paradise production for some reason. Paradise isn't the exciting "hip-hop"of BTD, nor the organic "rock" of UV. I find it quite tepid and synthetic now. :/ Rambling aside, I hope she gets the production of HM right. I don't think UV would have been as acclaimed if the production was different.

That's exactly how I felt. It took a while for UV to sink in.

Same, i really dont like Paradise anymore, it got old. 

Paradise era is awesome to me. I love alot of that material. Nothing like timeless great music.

I also love the sounds of Brooklyn baby. A sound like that on a new album, would be killer vibe for me.

This sounds absolutley amazing on a really good home stereo equipment.  :D

my neighbors probably though there was a Lana concert going on nearby..

(actually they have no clue who Lana is..) :)