ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

Something about the IG snippet and the way she sang the live bit seem off to me as far as them going together. The live bit makes the song seem a lot more upbeat and bouncy while the IG snippet sounds so serious and slow. Unfortunately the IG snippet is probably more reliable and the slowness seems more like the lyrics. But then again, snippets can sometimes be misleading (and often intentionally). 

Also as a side note, I always imagined the musical atmosphere of MTWBT being like that of West Coast. I don't know why but the imagery she talked about and just the sound of it make me want it to be that way which is weird since WC is super unique among her songs.

same about mtwbt the way that she described it reminded me of wc.. u get that" i can see my sweet boy swayin" vibe haha i kind of hope it has that beach rock fusion feel to it but i don't think that would work with the hm album o well I'm still super excited for the song

tumblr_mxk6xrLiob1r4y0tco1_500.gif Instagram: pxpi_gringo

I think the snippet is showing the last chorus. at this point I'm imagining the song to have a kinda mid-tempo beat and towards the end it slows down and fades away, and then when she's singing the last lines it turns acapella. idk it makes sense to me

I think the snippet is showing the last chorus. at this point I'm imagining the song to have a kinda mid-tempo beat and towards the end it slows down and fades away, and then when she's singing the last lines it turns acapella. idk it makes sense to me

I'm hoping for a tempo change like that as well. She's so incredible at crafting a psychedelic haze in her songs.

I'm not sure about Honeymoon and Apple music anymore, seemed like a good idea at first but..

"The main sticking point is the 3-month free trial that Apple Music are using to lure customers; rather than footing the bill for the trial of their service, Apple are asking the artists themselves to give away their music for free for that period. The deal would be especially problematic for artists who have new albums out during that period and rely heavily on income made in the first few months after release."

You can read the full article here.

So after Taylor Swift complained about this and said that she wouldn't let Apple stream '1989', Apple changed their policy and now artists will be paid for the 3 months free streaming, looks like Honeymoon + Apple music could be a thing  :D  :hdu:  :hdu:

You can read an article about how Taylor Swift's complaint made apple change their policy here.

god-damn.png

So after Taylor Swift complained about this and said that she wouldn't let Apple stream '1989', Apple changed their policy and now artists will be paid for the 3 months free streaming, looks like Honeymoon + Apple music could be a thing :D :hdu: :hdu:

You can read an article about how Taylor Swift's complaint made apple change their policy here.

taylor's impact :hooker:

on a serious note, people are saying she might have not wanted 1989 to be on Apple Music in the first place, so used the reason of the free trial being shitty for artists (which was true). now that Apple have remarkably done a u-turn so quickly, she has no excuse not to allow it to be streamed.

It's good publicity for both sides. Apple is seen as caring for the artists by paying for everyone's free 3 months, Taylor Swift is seen as being the champion of the indie artist.

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

taylor's impact :hooker:

on a serious note, people are saying she might have not wanted 1989 to be on Apple Music in the first place, so used the reason of the free trial being shitty for artists (which was true). now that Apple have remarkably done a u-turn so quickly, she has no excuse not to allow it to be streamed.

It's good publicity for both sides. Apple is seen as caring for the artists by paying for everyone's free 3 months, Taylor Swift is seen as being the champion of the indie artist.

I love Taylor but she only did it because of herself... I don't see her showing support for those so-called indie artists she mentions everytime she's not getting paid :toofunny: Good for them though, slay I guess

When is Apple Music being launched? Honeymoon is supposed to be released in September, was that still on the 3 month trial?

Apple Music is being launched June 30th, so the free trial will cover all of September

The free trial begins when you tell it to begin, so you could theoretically start the 3 months in September when HM is released and be able to stream the Cedric Gervais remix of Honeymoon for free once it's released a few months later... :hooker:

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

way OT but you can't honestly buy into Taylor's bs. She smeared Spotify and then when the biggest contender to take down Spotify is ready to be launched she makes a highly publicized comment and Apple changes their point of view overnight...? Suddenly everyone rejoices at Apple paying out more and Spotify looks even worse.

I wonder how much they paid her to make that post

the entire streaming service exclusive nonsense is a crock of shit, why would you want to limit the amount of access to your album when it's your 3rd biggest revenue stream behind touring and physical album sales

BzhmW.png

HOW THE FUCK CAN U TELL THE SONG IS FILLER MATERIAL JUST BY LISTENING TO A LIVE ACAPELA SNIPPET???

I mean honestly...a live acapela snippet!? Think of your favorite song as a live acapela snippet! Can you even judge? Gosh...

The way she described this record makes it feel as if she has put special effort to it and I don't know...this time I have the feeling it's going to be different. We'll see though!

<p>I think Honeymoon is gonna be the intro to the album, like a CWv2, not in terms of music or lyrics, but in terms of the feeling it will put to the whole album, Cruel World set the tone to whole record, being so passive agressive, simple but deep. I think she's did it just to welcome this era, an example would be Florence's HBHBHB, she just used a part of the song and used it like an intro to the era, then she released her amazing beautiful lead single, WKOM, Lana is possibly doing that, not exactly the same way but yeah.</p>

QVi1xFV.gifDrH6LWV.gif0FHXTOj.gif

HOW THE FUCK CAN U TELL THE SONG IS FILLER MATERIAL JUST BY LISTENING TO A LIVE ACAPELA SNIPPET???

I mean honestly...a live acapela snippet!? Think of your favorite song as a live acapela snippet! Can you even judge? Gosh...

The way she described this record makes it feel as if she has put special effort to it and I don't know...this time I have the feeling it's going to be different. We'll see though!

how has lana described it?? all i remember lana say about HM is that it goes back to her BTD days

she barely ever talks about HM like she did with UV

how has lana described it?? all i remember lana say about HM is that it goes back to her BTD days

she barely ever talks about HM like she did with UV

I think she only described UV after she announced, right? I don't remember any particular interview she did with any insight of the truly sound of the album. While HM there are some interesting thoughts she said so far:

" I’m still looking for something different, with majestic choruses, beautiful orchestrations, a type of 50s vibe with a bit of soft grunge. Since march, I’ve been writing a lot of new songs, in a more conventional way -the verses, then the refrain, with a strong jazzy influence."

"I’m currently trying to do some new things. It’s a bit surrealist, full of colors. I feel much more inspired by people like Mark Ryden, Fellini or Picasso…"

" feel that the three records were so heavy and autobiographical. It’s been so cathartic. I like to use my previous work as a jump-off point to do something new."

It doesn't sound like a filler record. She seems inspired this time xD