ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

I don't feel that HM is a repeat of the BTD-Paradise sound. The production is stripped back and the emphasis is on her voice.  Yes, there are strings but the music is way sadder, it makes my soul weep. The song requires some patience to really enjoy it so I kind of understand the people who don't like it. This is closer to clasical music than anyting she put out yet. I really like the jazz infusions. The lyrics became secondary to the somber vibe of the music and is a good thing for me because I wasn't a fan of the lyrics (if the lyrics would match the sound HM would resemble some of the Swans songs). 

I think that the way that she released the song, on her YT account without a professional lyric video, suggests that there will not be any promo this time besides the videos that she shot already. I don't expect any interviews since she's constantly informing us on her instagram about her process of making the album. She seems to isolate herself from the press as she did it during her tour. Maybe she's finally getting fed up with them and I'm with her on that. She doesn't care about her commercial viability and she clearly choose to step back from mainstream exposure. I don't even fancy her being played on the radio or singing on late-night shows. (imagine her singing HM after a brouhaha with some idiot talk show host who will ask her about SNL or why she named a song about DMD)

What is interesting that I didn't found any mentioning on her YT account that the song it's released under the licence of her label Interscope or Polydor. I think that this era will be a turning point in her career as it seems like she is forcing things to happen in a certain way. She seems totally in control of the release and this means little or no label support, just Lana and us and I'm here for it

How do you guys make conclusions so fast and out of nowhere like do you need my arm because some of you are r e a c h i n g for the stars

@: videos that are uploaded to her personal account never have the record labels credit. Maybe the video release is scheduled to be on Vevo soon but she wanted to release the audio first? Remember that time Summertime Sadness video is uploaded to her account first but not Vevo? Carmen video?

I expect Honeymoon to be a buzz single & the release of the homemade video really soon.

Later, maybe a month or something (maybe longer?), she will release the offcial first single, which could be MTWBT, & the video will be posted probably a week after the single unless she decides to release them at the same time.

Ofc I'm just assuming but I don't think this is too reaching

kySyfQZ.jpg

But guys this song is so incredibly beautiful. My mother adores it! :thumb3: Her voice is so flaunted on this track and the instrumentals compliment her vocals. The intro sounds so cinematic, so by sounding more like BTD she probably means leaning towards the cinematic feel of BTD. The intro sounds so nostalgic, it gives me the same old black-and-white movie feeling just like Lolita does, I'm leaning towards the 1962 Lolita film, but it mightn't be it, I'm pretty sure I'm thinking of an exact film though, not just old movies in general.
Anyway, HM has a lovely feel and I have an idea this album will be legendary.

Oh and the bridge is heaven, I knew it would be. And the ad-libs are breathtaking!

tumblr_or3tpeCeWc1rtq3bfo1_400.gif

She might not even release this until an iTunes pre-order goes up along with the lead single (assuming this isn't the actual lead)

But guys this song is so incredibly beautiful. My mother adores it! :thumb3: Her voice is so flaunted on this track and the instrumentals compliment her vocals. The intro sounds so cinematic, so by sounding more like BTD she probably means leaning towards the cinematic feel of BTD. The intro sounds so nostalgic, it gives me the same old black-and-white movie feeling just like Lolita does, I'm leaning towards the 1962 Lolita film, but it mightn't be it, I'm pretty sure I'm thinking of an exact film though, not just old movies in general.

Oh and the bridge is heaven, I knew it would be. And the ad-libs are breathtaking!

fucking delete this.

tumblr_or3tpeCeWc1rtq3bfo1_400.gif

@: videos that are uploaded to her personal account never have the record labels credit. Maybe the video release is scheduled to be on Vevo soon but she wanted to release the audio first? Remember that time Summertime Sadness video is uploaded to her account first but not Vevo? Carmen video?

I didn't know that but is interesting that she can upload the music without mentioning her label

I don't know if this is the lead single or not but the album is coming in September that's the real thing.

To me it's her happiest song she ever made. Okay the Verses are sad but the rest is happy.

Mfhp.gif

but there aren't any ad-libs

scatting and ad-libs are different

okay???? i was just letting you know what sweetserialkiller was referencing because you were obviously confused. 

+ scatting is a form of ad-libbing, or musical improvisation. 

okay???? i was just letting you know what sweetserialkiller was referencing because you were obviously confused.

+ scatting is a form of ad-libbing, or musical improvisation.

I knew what they were referencing, but, like you said, scatting is vocal improvisation, while ad-libbing is vocal impelishment and is usually used during vocal runs

I knew what they were referencing, but, like you said, scatting is vocal improvisation, while ad-libbing is vocal impelishment and is usually used during vocal runs

Well you know what they meant now. Not everyone has knowledge in musical terms. :)