ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

OKAY IM LOVING THIS TRACK SO MUCH 

CAN WE ALL AGREE ON HOW BEAUTIFUL SHE LOOKS IN THE INTRO?????? ALL THAT PEOPLE ON THE FREEWAY MUST HAVE BEEN LIKE WTF IS THAT GURL DOIN UP THERE OMGGGG I LOVE HER SO MUCH 

WAS IT FILMED ON VHS? IT DOESNT LOOK LIKE THE 8MM APP 

I CANT IM DEEEEAADDDD

There are VHS "filter" apps like "VHS FX Maker" ? Don't know ... 

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

I'm not gonna pretend to like something that I think's shit sorry 2 disappoint

you actually think its shit? ;-; thats just sad..

but really what annoys me about lana fans these days . they just in it for a good bop and have no respect for lana or the music of hers thats more mature than they are =) they even disrespect her so much at the concerts.. just hurry up and unfan already

tumblr_mxk6xrLiob1r4y0tco1_500.gif Instagram: pxpi_gringo

you actually think its shit? ;-; thats just sad..but really what annoys me about lana fans these days . they just in it for a good bop and have no respect for lana or the music of hers thats more mature than they are =) they even disrespect her so much at the concerts.. just hurry up and unfan already

Honestly shut up if you're not going to let someone dislike the song. Grow up.

As for me, I'm not entirely blown away, but I'm glad I have a sense of what the album is going to sound like. I think she definitely achieved the noir feel she was going for. I also like the build up to the end. Makes me think this is the opening track with the next track being a little faster. The instrumental is the best part; so eerie.

It's so Lynchian and I love it so much. I love the idea of this bring the opening track and the rest of the album sounding like that hauntingly beautiful outro. Lana has somehow outdone herself again :oprah:

The beginning strings sound like Stonemilker by Björk, but that may just be bc I listened to that song righr before I heard Honeymoon. I love it so much!!!

OMG IM SO GLAD SOMEONE ELSE THOUGHT THIS, I WAS THINKING THE EXACT SAME THING

FzytWEW.png

but really what annoys me about lana fans these days . they just in it for a good bop and have no respect for lana or the music of hers thats more mature than they are =) they even disrespect her so much at the concerts.. just hurry up and unfan already

Not everybody needs to like everything Lana does

B-JFtnGIQAEvouo.jpg

The bridge is the best thing, it doesnt sound like BBy bridge lol and lol at the "drums" being from VG

Don't make fun of me, you know what I'm talking about. It's the same kind of military drums (which I heavily associate with VG)

There are violets in your eyes = and my jazz collection's rare (but this is probably me, the same way I sorta recognized the SS melody when I first heard Brooklyn Baby)

And please don't act like 15 year olds, we're better than that, aren't we? If somebody doesn't like the song leave them alone. Being a Lana fan doesn't mean automatically liking every single thing she puts out. Still, it's unrespectful to call it 'shit' no matter how awful you think it is, so that's to be kept in mind as well.

ZmJh1LG.jpg

So the beginning wasn't a slow buildup to a fast song like I had hoped, but it was beautiful and I loved it. However, I don't think it was a good first song to debut off the album. People were waiting anxiously for this song (die-hard fans and otherwise) and I can just imagine there's some people who are bored and who might already be turned off to the album. I don't necessarily blame them, but there's more to a song than it's tempo and it really is pretty.

oh yh I hate Lana that's why I'm on a Lana del Rey forum with 700+ Lana songs sitting in my iTunes library right now..but you do you!

You can do constructive criticism then and stop acting like a troll :creep:

I already did the nicey-nice approach a few pages back, have a look thx

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Even though it's a completely orchestral song, unlike Bel Air, I Can Fly, Big Eyes or Old Money I instantly love it.

The song definitly has something ... "retro". Not the gangster Nancy Sinatra - way of retro but ... it could be a song by some diva from the beginning/middle of the last century.
I ove the instrumental, there is a lot of ... suspense going on. Sounds like the soundtrack of this swamp monster movie, somehow ... sinister. And the part shortly before the first chorus ... I don't know, nothing super interesting happens but i love this part.

I love the way she sings, it sounds a little bit more ... mature. It's not the "damsel in distress", breathing kind of vocals she often uses during UV/Paradise/the Big Eyes Soundtrack nor the "stage" registers she uses on BtD alot.The song is simple, but the vocal display is great.

I especially love the last "dreaming away your life" part. It's a way of singing she rarely uses but i love it.

And the similarity of the bridge and the Brooklyn Baby chorus is kind of funny.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I wonder if Music To Watch Boys To is also dark and stripped back as Honeymoon or Mark Ronson's esque- jazzy, kind of upbeat.

honeymoon's release makes me doubt that the album will sound like BTD.

giphy.gif

I like the song, from the two snippets we have had I was expecting something more boring than this.I think that she can do even better than this and I hope she will show I'm right with the album release, but however that's a great start in my opinion

But even if I like honeymoon, I hope that thè full album won't sound like this. Like, one song of this type it's good, but an entire album like that... no.

tumblr_ncf5qwtL1C1tktqnpo1_500.giftumblr_nn0o28ngn21u6a0a7o1_500.gif

She also said it was the first track like some of us predicted! Imagine how incredible of an experience it will be listening to the full album.

She could just mean it's the first track released, but I choose to believe it's the opening track. :P