ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

Omg there are some parts that reminds me of Brooklyn Baby...

It is so dark and beautiful.

Sounds a bit slow-mo but who cares, it's beautiful.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one thought that!!! Especially the part just after the bridge

ZKcaooE.png

I posted a status about this, but the vocal layering and harmonies in Honeymoon are so hypnotizing. It reminds me of the style of "Bentley" a bit, and I love that one. I imagine this is what Bentley would sound like if it was produced. The whole sound of the track is so cinematically gorgeous. Someone said it sounded a little soundtrack-like, which I can agree with. I could definitely imagine hearing the instrumental in a dramatic Hitchcock film.. The last minute is so jazzy, which I always love. Starting with "dreaming away your life" and just her humming afterwards.. Love love love. Jazzy Lana is one of my favourite sides. I'm really looking forward to the album after hearing this one. Great work Lana, love u lots xx

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

like its good but like its so boring too...its definitely a very different style to UV and BTD, which im thankful for - i was worried that she would be making BTD 2.0 which i am NOT here for. her vocal delivery is ASTONISHINGLY good in this, it absolutely demonstrates how much of a talented singer she is. however, i do hope its not a single because it is far far far too slow. it's a gorgeous taster into the Honeymoon era, but I sincerely hope that the other tracks do not follow the same sluggish vein as this does.

also LMAO @ this "lyric" video 

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

I got the same vibes from the soundtrack of the LA piel que habito movie. It's has some problems changing from the verse in the last part, the outri sounds a little forced too but overall the some is the best. I had a panic attack and everyone was asking me if I was ok, but there was no reason to be worried about. I was in heaven.

People saying she would released randomly were right tho. AIDHSKICNDBEJDJX LANA

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

The song is gorgeous, the lyrics are better with the music. The fact that she released the first single on her own YT channel: bye (fuck you) Interscope, true jazz queen

like its good but like its so boring too...its definitely a very different style to UV and BTD, which im thankful for - i was worried that she would be making BTD 2.0 which i am NOT here for. her vocal delivery is ASTONISHINGLY good in this, it absolutely demonstrates how much of a talented singer she is. however, i do hope its not a single because it is far far far too slow. it's a gorgeous taster into the Honeymoon era, but I sincerely hope that the other tracks do not follow the same sluggish vein as this does.

also LMAO @ this "lyric" video 

its probably not the single more of a teas for the album 

Now that the first rush is passed, listening to it again as extremely beautiful as I think it is, especially the layered vocals and melody, it's a bit too slow for what I would have expected for "honeymoon". Can't wait to hear and see the rest. I'm digging the new aesthetics of the video though. The one that did the edit must be hollering right now haha

ZKcaooE.png

It's nice, but it's kind of boring imo.

She sounds amazing, and the ending was everything, but I was really hoping for more, I mean when West Coast came out I literally hyperventilated (I know I'm extra, don't clock me). With Honeymoon, I was just waiting for it to interest me tbh

The chorus is so beautiful, it reminds me a lot of the song Ultraviolence. After the chorus my favourite part is the "Dreaming away your life" ending. Hopefully we'll see the full video for the song soon :) .