ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

Perhaps the book is a track list of Honeymoon? There looks like 13 or 14 lines

further musings-

Blue Velvet the David Lynch movie

where it opened with someone sleeping on a lawn chair and one could say the entire movie was a road trip into a nightmare and at the end waking up. Was it all a dream?

Dorothy singing to Frank  (and there are some that say Blue Velvet, was in some ways Wizard of Oz(which I referenced earlier),

Dorothy from Oz and/is Judy Garland (another singer as big as Edith Piaf and who the press labeled troubled soul) and play on words Frank as in both Frank Morgan who played Oz and Frank Sinatra(who was a bad boy in a different time and place)

also just vaguely-

Roger Whittaker from Kenya in 1975 had an odd song that in some ways was very obscure, in some ways a major hit called The Last Farewell. Vaguely similar in a is it no it isn't type way

aesthetically speaking

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Perhaps the book is a track list of Honeymoon? There looks like 13 or 14 lines

further musings-

Blue Velvet the David Lynch movie

where it opened with someone sleeping on a lawn chair and one could say the entire movie was a road trip into a nightmare and at the end waking up. Was it all a dream?

Dorothy singing to Frank  (and there are some that say Blue Velvet, was in some ways Wizard of Oz(which I referenced earlier),

Dorothy from Oz and/is Judy Garland (another singer as big as Edith Piaf and who the press labeled troubled soul) and play on words Frank as in both Frank Morgan who played Oz and Frank Sinatra(who was a bad boy in a different time and place)

also just vaguely-

Roger Whittaker from Kenya in 1975 had an odd song that in some ways was very obscure, in some ways a major hit called The Last Farewell. Vaguely similar in a is it no it isn't type way

aesthetically speaking

you thought way too much into this....

Demos_copy.png

So, can we say this is from the Honeymoon shoot BTS?

11379773_694022430703717_332892628_n.jpg

Looks like she's holding the cocaine necklace from the merch booth

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

So, can we say this is from the Honeymoon shoot BTS?

11379773_694022430703717_332892628_n.jpg

when i first saw this i thought lana had dyed her hair purple and i was like wtf

anyways

i'll be very happy if the hm cover is indeed shot by him because i absolutely love the uv cover, and even though i prefer nicole's photos i think neil captures lana's "essence" more than nn

Wy8jf2U.jpg

I have this feeling, that Honeymoon is going to sound sort of like what pre Auerbach UV sounded like.

Didn't Lana describe UV pre-Auerbach as more classic rock-inspired? We're getting a lot more orchestration in Honeymoon, so I doubt that will be the case.

Didn't Lana describe UV pre-Auerbach as more classic rock-inspired? We're getting a lot more orchestration in Honeymoon, so I doubt that will be the case.

"So dark it's almost unlistenable" that's how I kinda felt when I listened to honeymoon (it sounded dark and creepy, but the lyrics were more, happy.

Demos_copy.png

I thought she said that it was more stripped back, spiritual like Black Beauty.

tumblr_o2bsk3y0kh1so86p6o1_400.giftumblr_o2bsk3y0kh1so86p6o2_400.gif