ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

I'm not sure if anyone else has talked about this so I'm sorry if someone else has and I just didn't see, but I'm really enjoying all the references to unreleased material.

HBTB: Lights Camera Accion

TLY: Put the radio on

I'm not sure if anyone else has talked about this so I'm sorry if someone else has and I just didn't see, but I'm really enjoying all the references to unreleased material.

HBTB: Lights Camera Accion

TLY: Put the radio on

rt x10000  :flutter:

Don't try to blame Chuck for an ugly cover or blame the photographer for any album cover because guess what - Lana probably cherry picked them herself and chose the text placement + font as well. She might have an intention behind it - or not. But with Lana we know that everything she releases is in her control - and I appreciate that

Don't try to blame Chuck for an ugly cover or blame the photographer for any album cover because guess what - Lana probably cherry picked them herself and chose the text placement + font as well. She might have an intention behind it - or not. But with Lana we know that everything she releases is in her control - and I appreciate that

Exactly, and Chuck had nothing to do with the graphics either. The actual image she shot isn't that bad, but it's just not really iconic enough for an album cover art imo. Something like the HBTB cover would have SLAYED as the album cover.

the alt cover for the urban outfitters vinyl is so "I'm a country singer in my mid-30s whose singing bout horse-ridin, sleeping in haystacks and my life in texas with my pa!"

does this even make sense. I'm a mess. 

the alt cover for the urban outfitters vinyl is so "I'm a country singer in my mid-30s whose singing bout horse-ridin, sleeping in haystacks and my life in texas with my pa!"

does this even make sense. I'm a mess. 

Guess I'd better "flick your vagina" to fix you up  :derpna2:

Exactly, and Chuck had nothing to do with the graphics either. The actual image she shot isn't that bad, but it's just not really iconic enough for an album cover art imo. Something like the HBTB cover would have SLAYED as the album cover.

I think that's what we usually expect from Lana's album cover (remember UV and Paradise album cover) - the photo will always -seem- to be not iconic enough. Maybe those photo meant something to her? Maybe she's trying to say something from those subpar pictures? Maybe it fits the album's musical style? I think I get that - and I kind of understand why and think that the HM album cover is the best of that photoshoot

Silly (dumb) question.

I want the LPs. They are pretty. I have nothing to play them on. what do you guys use? (or do you just buy them and the digital?  :creep: )

I have mine for collection purposes (but that's bc my old player was trash)

They're great to look at, plus if you ever get a record player you'll love them

I'm starting to feel better about the cover after seeing the box set. It seems like a pretty great concept...Lana giving us a tour of her life and exploring the themes of celebrity and the male gaze. 

Silly (dumb) question.

I want the LPs. They are pretty. I have nothing to play them on. what do you guys use? (or do you just buy them and the digital?  :creep: )

not a crosley  :creep:

I'd like to thank not only God, but Jesus :oprah:

gVleBXm.jpg

oh and Urban Outfitters of course :creep:

I can't wait to spend like $30 more just for this cover  :flutter:

karma drawn up in lines / baby it's a freebie you sure look deprived

Morning everyone hope you're having a beautiful day. Album is up for pre-order today. Happy for you to hear some of my favourite songs from it soon. I think 'honeymoon' is the most beautiful one but 'terrence loves you' and 'God knows I tried' are incredibly close to my heart. Freak is also very sexy.

https://instagram.com/p/6pkcuDzAQC/?taken-by=honeymoon