ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

All 3 songs released sound so similar to the point that I think the whole album is the same - and looks at how all the songs are composed with Nowels. But I think I like the sounds we have so far - very relaxing and minimalistic. Honeymoon the song itself is one of my all-time favourite (I know, don't judge me)

All 3 songs released sound so similar to the point that I think the whole album is the same - and looks at how all the songs are composed with Nowels. But I think I like the sounds we have so far - very relaxing and minimalistic. Honeymoon the song itself is one of my all-time favourite (I know, don't judge me)

Honeymoon (song) is absolutely gorgeous. I don't think there's anything odd about thinking that. What I find strange is people thinking HBTB is one of her best songs.

This is whining on a very high level BUT

I don't like her low registers as much as on her older material (VG, BD, BV). Lines like "We both know, the history of violence surrounding you" or "You are what you are, I won't change you"  sound off.

Her "mid" register sounds great though, like "... will never grow old" ,"or whatever you want to do" or "I'll let you be bad" are all such good vocals.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

About the titles, I'm excited the most about Swan Song, Religion, God Knows I Tried (Starry Eyed meets TOSTB teas) and Salvatore, as well as the Nina Simone cover because the original song is beyond amazing

Wy8jf2U.jpg

This is whining on a very high level BUT

I don't like her low registers as much as on her older material (VG, BD, BV). Lines like "We both know, the history of violence surrounding you" or "You are what you are, I won't change you" sound off.

Her "mid" register sounds great though, like "... will never grow old" ,"or whatever you want to do" or "I'll let you be bad" are all such good vocals.

I actually thought she had improved her lower range. There's much more vibrato and the notes feel stronger now. I love Blue Jeans, but I always thought the vocals were lacking.

I actually thought she had improved her lower range. There's much more vibrato and the notes feel stronger now. I love Blue Jeans, but I always thought the vocals were lacking.

Agreed. She definitely sounds stronger in the lower notes, she doesn't let them "fade" as much as she used to.

Blue Jeans was my favourite song on BtD (I'm sorry, I don't know why) but when I listened to the songs on UV where Lana sung in her lower range I realised how much Blue Jeans would have benefited from being released that two and a half years later, when Lana's lower range had improved. HM and TLY both sound amazing when Lana sings in her lower range, imo

There was confirmation that a video for MtWBT was filmed, wasn't there? 

Nope, we never got an actual confirmation, we just know she filmed a video in the Korean Bell of Friendship with male models, but we never knew officially if it was MTWBT's video, apart from the models and fans speculations

QVi1xFV.gifDrH6LWV.gif0FHXTOj.gif

China palace posted a part of the Freak lyrics... I mean that's what the comments said.. :pft:

"Sometimes I wake up in the morning

To red, blue and yellow skies.

It's so crazy I could drink it like tequila sunrise.

Put on that Hotel California,

dance around like I'm insane.

I feel free when I see no one

and nobody knows my name."

tumblr_ncf5qwtL1C1tktqnpo1_500.giftumblr_nn0o28ngn21u6a0a7o1_500.gif

China palace posted a part of the Freak lyrics... I mean that's what the comments said.. :pft:

"Sometimes I wake up in the morning

To red, blue and yellow skies.

It's so crazy I could drink it like tequila sunrise.

Put on that Hotel California,

dance around like I'm insane.

I feel free when I see no one

and nobody knows my name."

We already knew those lyrics but who knows if they're actually for Freak or not

We already knew those lyrics but who knows if they're actually for Freak or not

Sorry, I didn't read the last pages. Anyway, I don't know, someon in the comments said that those lyrics are from Freak but who knows. Maybe they aren't even Lana's lyrics

Ok, I've just seen the lyrics in an other thread sorry guys, no news :brows3:

tumblr_ncf5qwtL1C1tktqnpo1_500.giftumblr_nn0o28ngn21u6a0a7o1_500.gif

Sorry, I didn't read the last pages. Anyway, I don't know, someon in the comments said that those lyrics are from Freak but who knows. Maybe they aren't even Lana's lyrics

Ok, I've just seen the lyrics in an other thread sorry guys, no news :brows3:

No need to apologize :heart: