ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

I tend to cringe at songs titles that are cliché. I don't like the new track list because if you googled many of the songs off of honeymoon, Lana probably wouldn't be the first result as she is with most of her other songs.

if the songs arent popular they wont be the first thing to appear on google anyway lol

Genuinely wondering but what would you guys consider to be good titles for song? I know most people here give Lana shit about the titles of her songs so I was wondering what people considered to be good titles? Doesn't have to be a Lana song. What makes a title good, what makes a title bad?

Blue Jeans, National Anthem, Dark Paradise, Ride, American, Bel Air, Cruel World, West Coast, Pretty When You Cry, Old Money, and Florida Kilos are all some of my favorite lana titles

Blue Jeans, National Anthem, Dark Paradise, Ride, American, Bel Air, Cruel World, West Coast, Pretty When You Cry, Old Money, and Florida Kilos are all some of my favorite lana titles

But see, that's the thing- I don't understand what makes those titles any better or worse than any titles on HM. What makes American any better than God Knows I Tried? Or Swan Song any worse than Pretty When You Cry? And besides, I don't think the titles matter one bit if the song is good and it's really a waste of your time to gripe about the song titles of all things (and no shade to the person I quoted. Your post made me think about something that had been on my mind)

Kinda wish they didn't change Cola's original title. A song called "Pussy" by someone like her (known for slow sad songs) was... singular. :oprah:

But see, that's the thing- I don't understand what makes those titles any better or worse than any titles on HM. What makes American any better than God Knows I Tried? Or Swan Song any worse than Pretty When You Cry? And besides, I don't think the titles matter one bit if the song is good and it's really a waste of your time to gripe about the song titles of all things (and no shade to the person I quoted. Your post made me think about something that had been on my mind)

its the aesthetic of the titles, the imagery. why do you think BTD and paradise had titles like Blue Jeans, Video Games, Diet Mt Dew, National Anthem, American, ect. cause its part of the theme. or why UV has titles like Shades of Cool, Brooklyn Baby, West Coast, Guns and Roses, ect. It gives us more of the art lana is trying to convey, it guves us insight and they just sound really cool

Kinda wish they didn't change Cola's original title. A song called "Pussy" by someone like her (known for slow sad songs) was... singular. :oprah:

but everyone still knows the famous line

so some people are claiming they have honeymoon and they're even uploading snippets? IM DYING OMG  :icant:  :icant:

ANYBODY KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT IT??

a troll?

music to watch boys to sounds so fucking amazing the snippet hEKP ME  :icant: :icant: :icant: :icant: :icant: :icant: :icant: :icant:

?

title251192345.png

Darling, my baby boy, why do you look so low/ it won’t be long until I find another boy/ I don’t want no money, all I need is your love/ so give it to me, with gold champagne and purple rain / I don’t need the pap or no fame / and I’ll never leave, I’ll never leave / if you say you’re mine

What is a woman / what is a youth / what is a man / and what are you / what is a song / what is your throne / what is this place / what is our love

I don’t want to go, I don’t want to leave / he gives me his love and sweet relief / We can’t escape our fate / cause baby, my baby is gone for grace / If our love is a sin and hell is a place / Let’s not repent, and we’ll never face / the end of the world, the blackest day

Mi amor, the one that never saw the day / you’re a man worth keeping, the one that makes me want to stay / can you see the real world from where we’re headin’? / My man, makes me feel like I’m in heaven/ they tell me this is young love / but baby, let’s escape from where we’re from / I know this is true love, so give it to me

What is this woman / what is this youth / what is this man / and what are you / what is this song / what is his throne / what is this place / what is this love I don’t want to go, I don’t want to leave / he gives me his love and sweet relief / We can’t escape our fate / cause my baby, my baby is gone for grace / If our love is a sin and hell is a place / Let’s not repent, and we’ll never face / the end of the world, the blackest day

Verse 3: (spoken) This is a song of myself, I’m the woman of your dreams, you’re the man of all men, and the sin of all sins.

Bridge: We don’t care what it is, we’re against the world. Is it us that will cause the end? You’re a poisonous kind of love. They tell me to leave you, but I won’t, cause you’re a man worth keeping.

I don’t want to go, I don’t want to leave / he gives me his love and sweet relief / We can’t escape our fate / cause my baby, my baby is gone for grace / If our love is a sin and hell is a place / Let’s not repent, and we’ll never face / the end of the world, the blackest day

I won’t leave, I will stay

You’re a man worth keeping

So give it to me, on this blackest day

The user @@buttsex actually comes up with pretty good lyrics. I'm conflicted.