ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

I mean, the best song she has released so far from this album has to be Honeymoon imo. TLY is also amazing, but High By The Beach was also amazing at first and now it's just and kinda basic and forgettable.

Wy8jf2U.jpg

Nah I'd say HBTB and TLY would be in a tie for me for best single. I mean I try so hard to get into Honeymoon the song and it just makes me want to cry and feel depressed like it'll be a good song if I ever get divorced and wanna off myself but not now (I ain't dissing Lana but HM is really slow y'all it's good for my insomnia though)  :smokes2: :smokes4: :smokes3:

the thing is, she has barely done any promotion and done REALLY WELL for the last album,... this album seems to be even more hype and she has been more active on social media, so she's probably gonna do even better.. debut @ #1 and be fine.. have a couple low-key short-lived world wide hits and then take a year off then do it again.. probably

Well, to tell the truth, UV did way, waaay better on pre-orders than HM right now.

That happend because at least the promo singles arrived back-to-back and she still had the hype from BTD. Now, things are almost dead. That she went No.1 with HM for 2 or 3 days on pre.-orders is not a big thing. 

I just wish sometimes she would address these things like not promoting. I mean, not for the sake of the success, but why is she not showcasing her material and her talent. I mean, it is too good to go down unnoticed while trash gets promoted 24 / 7 and we all are misfortuned to witness it. I am sure, we as fans would take any appereance and any interview with pleasure. 

But it's pointless to even discuss this, I guess. She has made her choices. We can just either enjoy what we get or leave. 

thanks for clearing that up =)

Last time around she was still on tour and promo singles were great. She debuted UV live, then a radio premiere. The album trailer lol. I think the I wish I was dead interview came after the release so she was still doing press.

Now we've gotten...not as much.

party.gif?w=1100

i think you all just need to come to terms with the fact that from this point on she will very much become a niche act. she may get the occasional top 10 hit here and there sometimes, but ultimately shes going to be an artist who will do well first week across the globe album wise and then fall off soon after simply for the fact that she doesnt have as strong a mainstream appeal for high sales.

yes she doesnt promote blah blah blah, but even if she did i really dont think we'd be seeing a major shift in exposure for her work really.

shes a creation of the internet, thats her biggest tool for her work. her videos get good hits on youtube, and promo she has seems to be relegated to her online community.

this time around she even "has" the honeymoon account and the hotline, i don't understand

but really, how much promo is the hotline doing outside of the people who will already buy her album anyway. lets be real, no ones bothering to call a damn honeymoon hotline every week unless theyre a stan. it was a cute idea but its pointless as far as promo.

She has material to release a teaser trailer. I mean the footage she shot during the album shoot and she's used for Terrence Loves You. She has the Honeymoon video (even if it's just the clips she posted, it's not that hard to plug her phone and record new ones on her VHS app :poordat: ). I don't know what she's doing but Lana sis... The album is out in two weeks. Two magazine covers are cute but that's not enough as promotion (and I'm not really here for a lame ass interview by James Franco TBH) and most important - not enough for the fans. That's the most important thing for me at least, so many things that could've been done instead of TV promotion or whatever and... Nope. Nothing. At least they are sponsoring her on Instagram. :toofunny:

I'd expect MTBWT to be kinda the it song from the album. Not a hit or anything but something like National Anthem with a very appealing video but I don't wanna get myself hyped so I'm gonna pretend the song sounds like Delete it fat For the Summer. :illuminataylor:

i think you all just need to come to terms with the fact that from this point on she will very much become a niche act. she may get the occasional top 10 hit here and there sometimes, but ultimately shes going to be an artist who will do well first week across the globe album wise and then fall off soon after simply for the fact that she doesnt have as strong a mainstream appeal for high sales.

yes she doesnt promote blah blah blah, but even if she did i really dont think we'd be seeing a major shift in exposure for her work really.

shes a creation of the internet, thats her biggest tool for her work. her videos get good hits on youtube, and promo she has seems to be relegated to her online community.

but really, how much promo is the hotline doing outside of the people who will already buy her album anyway. lets be real, no ones bothering to call a damn honeymoon hotline every week unless theyre a stan. it was a cute idea but its pointless as far as promo.

the thing about the hotline is true, but you know, she should not even start something like that and then just abandon it, because that is like a pattern for her work since  BTD, She wants to do something and then gets bored in the middle of it and abandons it. And lets not even talk how she cancelled her radio gigs in France twice and both times last minute without giving any further information why.

And I think you are actually wrong about her commercial potential.

Lana is pretty and quite striking. This is always a plus for a big commercial appeal. Even an album like UV, if showcased could have done way better. And it's not about sales. I am not interested in how rich she is. You know, I just like my favourite artist and want to see her doing interviews and singing live.

She has way more commercial potential than Lorde, Marina and Halsey (combined)

I'm not here for promo tbh, i'm happy with her being a niche act, and the account + hotline are for fans really. I just thought it was cute and spot on since she doesn't really like to get in touch with the press and all that stuff. It's the perfect mean for her to give out all that she wants to, when whe wants, to the people who are interested, while keeping her ldr mÿstierius image. I just don't get why she's giving up on some of her ideas, it's kind of incoherent and kills the excitment. She's still having these pop star moments with magazines cover etc while claiming that she wants to be left alone, so I don't know what's her idea on that.

the thing about the hotline is true, but you know, she should not even start something like that and then just abandon it, because that is like a pattern for her work since  BTD, She wants to do something and then gets bored in the middle of it and abandons it. And lets not even talk how she cancelled her radio gigs in France twice and both times last minute without giving any further information why.

we all know she doesnt give a fuck. i dont know why you all expect different. its how shes been for ages now.

interviews and singing live.

if you want to see her live, go to her show though? she still tours, its not like she does nothing.

if you mean tv interviews and performances, im sure none of us are opposed to that. but really, alot of acts who fall under her flag of the type of artist she is arent exactly on tv doing that stuff all the time either. you all look at her like shes meant to be keeping up with taylor swift or some other basic bitch, you all have popstar expectations of her, she did all that with btd and she fucking hated it, lets be real.

She has way more commercial potential than Lorde, Marina and Halsey (combined)

certainly more than marina, but lorde is radio friendly from start to finish and her single choices are always the most easy to play on radio, lana isnt anywhere near being able to put that much on radio. high by the beach is the closest she has come since west coast, honeymoon and terrence are not for radio.

as for halsey lol. shes as basic and generic as they come, her stuff should be on radio, not sure why it isnt. shes def more sell able than lana though. music wise anyway, because the general public like generic music.

I'm not here for promo tbh, i'm happy with her being a niche act, and the account + hotline are for fans really. I just thought it was cute and really spot on since she doesn't really like to get in touch with the press and all that stuff. It's the perfect mean for her to give out all that she wants to, when whe wants, to the people who are interested, while keeping her ldr mÿstierius image. I just don't get why she's giving up on some of her ideas, it's kind of incoherent and kills the excitment. She's still having these pop star moments with magazines cover etc while claiming that she wants to be left alone, so I don't know what's her idea on that.

it is annoying, we all agree on that, but thats how she is. honestly im just glad the album is only 2 weeks away, if i had to wait months for it with this dead on arrival promo techniques id die.

and the damn hotline is offline since 2 weeks ago lmfao 

this tbh

this is the only thing I'm annoyed about. Lana can do whatever she wants with her promo I'm ready to be slain by the flawless music, but I don't like that was basically a false promise. **sigh**

So glad everyone's opening their eyes  :icant: ..... So, can we all agree that we need Honeymoon to flop so Lana can open her eyes too and do some promo here and there just because yes? maybe even do great productions again? bc let's be honest, high by the beach... well

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

All yall talking bout let her take a break. Shit, I'm thirsty af for more music, even though Honeymoon is coming (although with the minimal effort it seems to be put in these songs, is she really working as hard as yall say she is?)

But anyway, yeah the hype for Music To Watch Boys To, is too real. The thing is, is that I'm trying so hard not to let my expectations get too high even though it's too late. I'm sure I'll like it regardless tho because of the lyrics probably.