ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

Just got to listen to MTWBT finally and its so good :defeated: honestly its one of my fav tracks from her. The production is perfect and her vocals sound high its amazing :flutter:

Her voice just sounds so light, and airy. I love it!

You quoted HBTB twice and don't even try to deny the last minute of HM (song) is one of her most emotional moments ever.

im not even going to argue, its a matter of opinion, and in my opinion the last minute isnt that emotional its just her her repeating "dreaming away your life" and doing the same chants she did in Brooklyn Baby. UV and BTD have way more emotional songs tbh :oprah3: and if you want you can crucify me for my opinion i dont really care

im not even going to argue, its a matter of opinion, and in my opinion the last minute isnt that emotional its just her her repeating "dreaming away your life" and doing the same chants she did in Brooklyn Baby. UV and BTD have way more emotional songs tbh :oprah3: and if you want you can crucify me for my opinion i dont really care

He was sharing his opinion too

tumblr_o2bsk3y0kh1so86p6o1_400.giftumblr_o2bsk3y0kh1so86p6o2_400.gif

I can't take you seriously if you place HBTB at the top of your list :derpna2:

MTWBT is growing on me... the chorus is great but the bridge is still kinda bad haha

Lana is reaching that point where her songs start to sound all the same. It started with UV and now it has become quite blatant, the amount of comments saying 'omg this sounds like x song' or 'you can sing x song over this!' really worries me

ZmJh1LG.jpg

At the moment for me, i think it's like this

HM=MTWBT>HBTB>TLY

I need to be in a certain mood to really appreciate TLY,but I still think it's a gorgeous song.

party.gif?w=1100

The single covers could of been so much better. I wish they were all somewhat alike and not so messy. I love it, but I feel like the mtwbt cover looks like it could of been a completely different album. I know covers don't matter so much but it would make the music come together and easier to visualize. So far on Honeymoon, the titles, and the artwork just don't go well together.

tumblr_inline_niykm3FFhC1rujz3w.gif what do you need to get high for? when your baby's so to die for?

I can't take you seriously if you place HBTB at the top of your list :derpna2:

Why? Because it isn't the same as your opinion? FutureRetro teas :illuminataylor:

~~~~

nnnn it's like she knew we were excited about MTWBT and that's why she put the acapella intro on the trailer :toofunny: I am actually very pleased with this song! Terrence Loves You, Honeymoon and even High by the Beach didn't excite me as much on first listen but I'm feeling this song's vibe really hard :kris: very National

Anthem, it feels cool even if it's rather midtempo/slow-tempo. I never thought I'd hear Lana with a production like this one... it reminded me of FKA twigs idk why LMAO

is it true lana broke the record for most listeners on beats 1 with mtwbt? receipts 

She did it with HBTB which leaked before the radio premiere so it's not surprising if she broke it again  

tumblr_o2bsk3y0kh1so86p6o1_400.giftumblr_o2bsk3y0kh1so86p6o2_400.gif

honestly, once the album is out the singles/covers are completely redundant.

the covers could have images of cows on them for all i care.

samee

is it true lana broke the record for most listeners on beats 1 with mtwbt? receipts 

idk i havent seen the actual source. 

idk what yall are talking about, the flute in MTWBT is flawless and imo is one of the best parts of it

The flute is amazing!

i hope the middle muddy trap of the album isnt just, hbtb, freak, art deco.........im guessing it ends there since burnt norton is after them and not muddy trap at all. hopefully religion and salvatore have some of that trap too

I think you hit the nail on the head. Seems to me those are going to be the three uptempo/trap tracks. Especially with the break from Burnt Norton!

I love Tired of Singing the Blues. That would be interesting! I'm excited to see what they mean by gospel inspired. When I think gospel MPG comes to mind because it is kind of hymn like in the way she delivers it.

Gospel and hyms are two different things. Gospel means more "black church" with a black church choir behind it. Hymns are boring Catholic church tbh. And sounds like Honeymoon.

Gospel and hyms are two different things. Gospel means more "black church" with a black church choir behind it. Hymns are boring Catholic church tbh. And sounds like Honeymoon.

Lol I was raised Catholic that's why I associate the two together I guess. You are what you experience I suppose. Either way I'm excited to see what they were referencing exactly with the "gospel" description!

you will never get a BTD 2.0 and we are very thankful for that.

Sorry for the super late reply, internet was down. But, Ultraviolence is actually my favorite album. I discovered Lana through Shades of Cool and the sound of Ultraviolence definitely leaves an impression that Born To Die doesn't. Maybe its because I discovered Ultraviolence before Born To Die, but hearing Lana sing uptempo songs like Queen of Disaster was so refreshing. It blended with her style so well. These days, we've never gotten a track that had vocals as strong and commanding as the ones in Born To Die (National Anthem, Off to the Races, etc.). I was expecting something like the Braide outtakes when I heard Ronson was working on the album. Wait For Life was pretty good but the draggy vocals get a bit tiring after a while.