ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

I just got done listening for the first time all the way through. Its good, has a lot of artistic elements to it and I think will critically be her best work yet! I wasn't really captured by it though tbh but I'm going to give it another listen with headphones and I'm sure it'll grow on me. Its nothing like I expected.

After hearing the whole thing, HBTB just does not fit in at all to me. The rest are fine. I was slightly let down by MTWBT, for some reason the beat in the chorus seemed off with the melody but again, maybe I need to just try with headphones and when I'm not tired/drinking. 

Oh and to me, HM seems like the logical step after AKA. For some reason the albums remind me of one another.

I couldn't possibly rank them right against one another now, maybe in a few days.

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

Honeymoon did the unthinkable and topped UV for me but not necessarily because of purely musical reasons, it's because it's dark but it's happy, and it's reclaimed which is the EXACT state I am in right now. I wish I had discovered UV earlier because this record is an absolute jewel especially in its indulgence in self-awareness of the sadness, it's a blunt word but I can't find another one, melancholia maybe. Honeymoon, when I actually really dislike this name in itself compared to the spectacular ultraviolence term, is the incredible and extremely cohesive follow-up to this sadness. It reminds me of earlier this year when I got back into severe depression and I can pinpoint the exact moment I turned back and got up. Honeymoon feels like this. It feels like acknowledging the melancholia, but instead of easily being overwhelmed by it, reclaiming it and controlling it. I don't want to say that I prefer Honeymoon just because it's just out and I love theoretically everything Lana does. I've never related that much to any artist ever and I feel a real connection to the way she approaches her work and mine. I apologize, I don't want to sound pretentious, I am just completely astonished to find myself in front of a work that is the exact depiction of the path my mind took this past year, exactly in the same time than the UV and Honeymoon eras. Whereas in UV there are songs that I basically ignore, in Honeymoon, I find myself respecting the songs that I find to be less spectacular because of how obvious it is that this piece of work is seamless solid and cohesive and makes sense as a whole, in maybe a much less raw and raspy way than UV, but in a polished assurance, and full of extreme and pure emotion. 

tl;dr: Honeymoon is the best album ever made in my humble opinion, but not necessarily musically.

ZKcaooE.png

do you guys expect any bonus track on the japanese edition? after all it looks that target won't have any of them, so probably we get some on japan.

original.gif

Can we all just agree through High by the Beach has NO PLACE BEING ON THIS ALBUM and is a complete filler suited for radio 

5.11.14 // 9.20.14 // 6.11.15 // 6.13.15 // 6.14.15 // 1.26.18 // 9.21.19

Honeymoon = UV > AKA = Sirens > Paradise = BTD 

I love Siren's folkyness too much its really sad lol 

Can we all just agree through High by the Beach has NO PLACE BEING ON THIS ALBUM and is a complete filler suited for radio 

100%

Life imitates art 

the bridge saves HBTB for me, it hits me so hard still, it haunts me haha

Respectfully but strongly disagree, turn on your location, I love this song to after the afterlife and it helped me in so many ways. But, I'm a huge fan of French hip hop so I admit that my opinion might not be valid haha

ZKcaooE.png

:derpna2:

no ultraviolence at all? haha

No UV?  :bye4:

Ultraviolence just isn't my cup of tea. The production is all over the place.

I do love Brooklyn, Florida, Pretty, Flipside, and Black tho.

_

All y'all putting BTD so low, square up

lLUmyu8.gif

Respectfully but strongly disagree, turn on your location, I love this song to after the afterlife and it helped me in so many ways. But, I'm a huge fan of French hip hop so I admit that my opinion might not be valid haha

It literally can't relate to any other song on the album and doesn't fit at ALL. The bridge is done very well especially with the AKA ref. and all but other than that it's still the worst song on the album

5.11.14 // 9.20.14 // 6.11.15 // 6.13.15 // 6.14.15 // 1.26.18 // 9.21.19