ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

^ I miss calcd but it still sold more LMAO in a declining market. More views more longevity more sales. The stats ARE there. You can say what you want.

UV STALLED AT #2. I followed it closely too buddy. The sad thing is SAM SMITH even blocked it from #1 on release day. That's how TRAGIC it was.

First of all, you messed up completly with these numbers and the 3rd week numbers aren't even out yet for HBTB.

The YT views are okay, not good or great at all. TLY just got over 2 million. This is actually pretty bad. 

UV did go No. 1 when it first got up on pre-order. I know that people were joking that she would drop out of the Top 50 or lower after a week and I saw with my own eyes since I was checking it several times a day when it went up. As a matter of fact, she always stayed pretty high on iTunes. Shades of Cool, the title track and Brooklyn Baby came back to back with a week in between and gained her a lot of traction for the first week.

Lana needs frontloaded sales, cause she ain't doing anything later on.

An Amazon discount these days is not a big deal. You can get very little from that. And she didn't have a 80% decline, it was 74 or 75 % drop for the second week.

Alternative radio was playing West Coast a lot (it reached No.3 on AAA), so it helped her for the following weeks. HBTB won't have that effect, since it is not really something AAA formats play a lot.

yaaaasssssss this!!!! Exactly!!!

to an important extent, these things do matter. We all want great music. We can all contribute by buying the album and singles. 

Lana is also not doing this for reacreation purposes. She is a major label recording artist. If releasing music didn't make her living, she wouldn't do it.

UV didn't reach #1 I promise. You are very very wrong.

And TLY views are not bad and like at all? I seriously wonder whether you check views on YT. Go do it please.

Shades Of Cool the first promo song had only 7 million in ONE YEAR. It took ages to reach 1 million views. I repeat 1 million took WEEKS. The trend of weak streaming continues Big Eyes and I CAN FLY were DISASTROUS. I can't believe an artist broke out from a YT viral hit struggle like this.

But everything changed with this era for the BETTER.

TLY 2 MILLION in a FEW DAYS. I hope you understand this.

This era started VERY STRONG commercially.

The views for HIGH literally blew everything from UV era away. It will most likely reach over 30 million like next month when the album is out.

UV didn't reach #1 I promise. You are very very wrong.

And TLY views are not bad and like at all? I seriously wonder whether you check views on YT. Go do it please.

Shades Of Cool the first promo song had only 7 million in ONE YEAR. It took ages to reach 1 million views. I repeat 1 million took WEEKS. The trend of weak streaming continues Big Eyes and I CAN FLY were DISASTROUS. I can't believe an artist broke out from a YT viral hit struggle like this.

But everything changed with this era for the BETTER.

TLY 2 MILLION in a FEW DAYS. I hope you understand this.

This era started VERY STRONG commercially.

The views for HIGH literally blew everything from UV era away. It will most likely reach over 30 million like next month when the album is out.

You will eat your words and will be proven wrong after a few weeks. I can tell you. 

You will eat your words and will be proven wrong after a few weeks. I can tell you.

We'll see. ;) I predict over 150K. (Due to declining market, Apple music, etc). She might exceed my prediction tbh if High (which will be on rotation next week on BBC Radio 1) bounce back. High is currently taking off on Alt format without being sent in the United States Of America.

Prisoner is also getting Airplay.

Lana is in a MUCH better place now.

Lana is in amuch better place, not her star power.

She just had a huge arena tour. Her "power" is very much there.

She's just not doing anything "right now". I guarantee if she shows her face at the VMAs (Unrealistic hypothetically speaking oc), her albums and singles will just a shoot up the charts. But guess what The Weeknd is doing it for her. Her name is attached to the BIGGEST selling album atm.

She just had a huge arena tour. Her "power" is very much there.

She's just not doing anything "right now". I guarantee if she shows her face at the VMAs (Unrealistic hypothetically speaking oc), her albums and singles will just a shoot up the charts. But guess what The Weeknd is doing it for her. Her name is attached to the BIGGEST selling album atm.

dude, you also posted that the 248k for HBTB were realistic.You discredited yourself a while ago actually

I think this album won't sell as much as UV in the first week but It won't flop. Florence and The Machine sold 137,000 in US and like Lana both are more "album singers" ( people buy more their albums than individual songs).

what are you talking about???

Ultraviolence debuted at #1 on Billboards Top 200 album chart in the USA

Sam Smith only got to number 2 and never has been at #1 on the album chart.

Smith tried to fudge the rules and failed big time.

But, he spent 2 hours up at Billboard doing who knows what and Billboard magazine loves him. (any guesses???)

And Sam name dropped Lana 100 times in the week prior trying to get her fans to buy his copy of her LP and then he had the audacity to copy her on SNL,

yet the sex biased SNL audience loved him and hated her. (any guess as to why?)

20 years from now, people will remember Lana.

Sam will probably be in real estate or in a bank somewhere.

Same with the 100s of other pretenders.

I was looking at artists who started in 2005-6-7 and well, Lana is here today soon to have another amazing debut, and almost all those artists from that period have disappeared.

10 years and counting.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

what are you talking about???

Ultraviolence debuted at #1 on Billboards Top 200 album chart in the USA

Sam Smith only got to number 2 and never has been at #1 on the album chart.

Smith tried to fudge the rules and failed big time.

But, he spent 2 hours up at Billboard doing who knows what and Billboard magazine loves him. (any guesses???)

And Sam name dropped Lana 100 times in the week prior trying to get her fans to buy his copy of her LP and then he had the audacity to copy her on SNL,

yet the sex biased SNL audience loved him and hated her. (any guess as to why?)

20 years from now, people will remember Lana.

Sam will probably be in real estate or in a bank somewhere.

Same with the 100s of other pretenders.

I was looking at artists who started in 2005-6-7 and well, Lana is here today soon to have another amazing debut, and almost all those artists from that period have disappeared.

10 years and counting.

:deadbanana:  :deadbanana:  :deadbanana:  :deadbanana:

On a more good note there are a lot of radios that have added High By The Beach. (look for the song, click on the square, then below add your name and refresh the code before filling the gap of that thingy, only name and code)

i just wish  that she wouldn't become the next norah jones. big debut and big decline afterwards

oh lord, norah jones had hits tho, unlike lana (if u take her remix), and she didnt have a great fanbase. 

oh lord, norah jones had hits tho, unlike lana (if u take her remix), and she didnt have a great fanbase. 

i still love her latest work. but bitch at least needs to do a world tour. gosh! considering how many fans aren't from the US eagaring to see her concerts/live performances

edit: not according to the hot100 position --> those two starbucks anthems do not count.  :creep: (even they have so much longevity...)

giphy.gif

i still love her latest work. but bitch at least needs to do a world tour. gosh! considering how many fans aren't from the US eagaring to see her concerts/live performances

Yeah, she needs to move her ass to Europe and Latinamerica again.