ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

Aw sorry! It's just from a band I really like but I can change it if you like? :)

looool no you don't have to do that I just really felt the need to tell you for some reason

but thank you for offering, that was nice of you lol

Maybe even earlier, if it leaks. But I don't know about your patience. I'm pretty impatient :D

i am too, but tbh i cant let myself get too anxious about it, i have a lot of shit to do in the university and it requires me being calm (or at least a bit) 

There was a mention of LDR in the Sept 7, Time (Steve Colbert on cover), in a article called "Best of Fall Arts".

So under the article title (actually inside the title as the font was real big) they had subsections subtitled: so under movies section (sec 1)) they they had "The return of James Bond ...", under the Music section (sec 5)) they had "Lana Del Rey Takes a Honeymoon, P115"

So I go to page 115 and see a small stock foto of Lana in a super garish flower dress (endless summer tour?) holding a mic in the bottom right corner (just atop the pg number, lol). I look at the left column where they note these upcoming music releases by these artists and in this order: Beirut, Lana Del Rey, Disclosure, John Grant, Wavves, Duran Duran, Selena Gomez, Toby Keith, Neon Indian, BORNS Joanna Newsom , Elvis Presley (wtf?), Little Mix. Each artist has a description under them. Here's Lana's:

Lana Del Rey 

Honeymoon

The controversial chanteuse comes out with her third full-length set, which promises to return to the mournful lyrics and heavy drums of her debut and move away from the lo-fi rock of her sophomore LP, Ultraviolence. Out, Sept 18

Being mentioned in Time as a lead exemplar for an artistic event category is encouraging, no? It means they think she is an artist of focus right now, imo.

album is currently #31 in the US and falling. just two days ago it was insode the Top20. It is almost out of top 100 in the UK (#91 and free-falling), out of the top 100 in Germany (#118 and free falling there, too).

If she waits another 8 days to release a song we already know that recieved rather a lukewarm response from fans, with a single that is dead on iTunes, this album is almost doomed to underperform heavily.

Say what you want, but pre-.orders looked waaaay better for UV at this point. Lana, what are you doing?

Leaked is right.

I'm just hoping for a high quality album at this point. It'd be nice if she was successful commercially, but that doesn't feel like a realistic expectation at this point. Maybe it will have longevity...who knows?

Leaked is right.

I'm just hoping for a high quality album at this point. It'd be nice if she was successful commercially, but that doesn't feel like a realistic expectation at this point. Maybe it will have longevity...who knows?

you can not hope for that since there won't be enough airplay, promo from Lana or anything.

If she wants to achieve anything, she has to at least make a build-up through social media with teasing to increase attention. we all know, she won't be anywhere to be seen during release week after it.

And b4 somebody posts "Lana doesn't make music for the charts", well she better come up with that mixtape for free like Azealia and because she is a successful recording artist we all found her and are here now.

album is currently #31 in the US and falling. just two days ago it was insode the Top20. It is almost out of top 100 in the UK (#91 and free-falling), out of the top 100 in Germany (#118 and free falling there, too).

If she waits another 8 days to release a song we already know that recieved rather a lukewarm response from fans, with a single that is dead on iTunes, this album is almost doomed to underperform heavily.

Say what you want, but pre-.orders looked waaaay better for UV at this point. Lana, what are you doing?

It's free falling because of new releases, you have to take them away and see how its doing. But yeah i agree she needs to do something, it will keep being overlooked by people cause of other artists doing things and releasing. 

It's free falling because of new releases, you have to take them away and see how its doing. But yeah i agree she needs to do something, it will keep being overlooked by people cause of other artists doing things and releasing. 

Uv didn't have that problem. It was always pretty high on iTunes all the time. And it was because of the choices for promo singles. TLY and HM are good album tracks, but have very little promo qualities.

Who is suprised ? Im a fan and I have to say Im not hyped that much. Definitely not as much as before UV. What we´ve tasted so far from Honeymoon seems very bland compared what we got from UV before the release. Also no controversy this time, no interviews, no big performance like Coachella ...

She can still turn this around though. Ditch Honeymoon as a promo single, release another track, post on your IG account frequently ffs, give ppl something to talk about. I am suprised that there is so little vision and focus behind this release for an artist that takes her art so serious. She can't even fix the damn hotline  :rip:

Well every fucking time she disappears and we talk about her being lazy she does something and we end up praising ha again so we'll have to

wait-and-see.gif