ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

I don't get the hype for this album. Yes I'm glad she's working on new music for us and all but I'm not that excited for this.

My excitement dwindles with every new day. Maybe Lana will surprise us but I'm starting to be less convinced of anything surfacing.

I don't get the hype for this album. Yes I'm glad she's working on new music for us and all but I'm not that excited for this.

My excitement dwindles with every new day. Maybe Lana will surprise us but I'm starting to be less convinced of anything surfacing.

"Good things come to those who wait,but I ain't in a patient phase" - literally this is how I feel about Honeymoon tbh :creep:

I really have low expectations this time round.Now musically UV was a masterpiece but everything was a bloody mess to the numerous mixes of west coast,the UV video,the dropped PWYC video,hardly any UV songs preformed live and all those t.v/radio shows cancelled at the last minute.Then she completely abandoned the UV era all together.

The album,west coast and SOC videos where the only few good things to come out this era

I really hope this time round she is happier and that she is going to be more adventurous this coming era.I Also hope that Interscope will support her more even though that's unlikely to happen.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

"Good things come to those who wait,but I ain't in a patient phase" - literally this is how I feel about Honeymoon tbh :creep:

I really have low expectations this time round.Now musically UV was a masterpiece but everything was a bloody mess to the numerous mixes of west coast,the UV video,the dropped PWYC video,hardly any UV songs preformed live and all those t.v/radio shows cancelled at the last minute.Then she completely abandoned the UV era all together.

I agree. The mess that was UV did some hard work on me so I'm ready for both disappointment and surprise this time, I mean Honeymoon couldn't possibly be any worse haha

ZmJh1LG.jpg

.... It hasn't even been 10 months since we have heard the first single from an album that was released eight months ago.

Jesus

It worries me a bit that Ronson hasn't produced anything. My worst nightmare is an album full of Daniel Heath productions :toofunny:

I edited the OP with audio from the interview Ronson did with Triple J where he says their collab is just an internet rumor, but says he has heard beautiful tracks:

http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/media/s4174087.htm

34:05

He does say that he didn't want to say anything before she commented, though. 

I wasn't convinced when I saw the NME article because it was a rehash of the previous interviews. But then I saw she posted it on Instagram which for me confirms its coming out this year unless it gets pushed back (which is a possibility, I think). I doubt it will come out in August. My guess is mid to late fall. I don't mean to be a party pooper, but I could care less if it comes out this year...

Dan, Rick, Emile suck as producers. Rick Rubin, Dan Auerbach or Mark Ronson for Honeymoon.

To be honest, I would like to see Dan Auerbach back for a few of the songs, not all of them. 

Bm2AvMo.gif

I would love an album produced by Daniel Heath tbh.

She needs to forego working with people she's comfortable with because as much as people want another BTD, she'll never personally be able to make another BTD

BzhmW.png

She needs to forego working with people she's comfortable with because as much as people want another BTD, she'll never personally be able to make another BTD

Yes, and it would feel redundant at this point. She needs to continue evolving. She's so skilled at combining various genres in a fluid manner that another BTD would be quite disappointing, IMO.

I'm so confused about Mark. He says the collab is a rumour but also says he can't talk about it until she does. I'd like a limited range of producers on Honeymoon so it sounds cohesive.

My dream team would be Blake, Dan Heath and Justin Parker writing with Emile, Tim Larcombe and Rick Nowels producing. 

I don't want Auerbach returning just like I don't want Haynie returning. Either one would color the sound too much and it'd sound either like UV2 or BTD2. The one producer I'd like to return is Kahne because he was able to produce the widest variety of tracks. Unlike BTD and UV, none of the songs on AKA really sound like each other, but it's still a cohesive work. Unfortunately, I don't think that's ever gonna happen again.