ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

Ohhhhh! Has version two leaked? I didn't think of Live Or Die :facepalm: guess I'm too excited over Honeymoon.

noo just snippets.

im super excited too so i dont blame you

Ok, updating my idea of what Honeymoon should be like.

Artwork (or anything from this shoot, really): normal_10806429_892662344112391_59976185

Producer: Mark Ronson and David Lynch

Lyrics: Personal and more psychological. Something surrealist and Lynchian - in that it appears very colorful and effervescent but has a darker undertone - would be very cool.

Songs like:

Pin Up (Galore)

Come When You Call Me AMERICA

I Don't Wanna Go

Cola

Tired of Singing the Blues

Velvet Crowbar

Dayglo Reflection

Oh Say Can You See

Sad Girl

Million Dollar Man

Hawaiian Tropic

Nina Simone cover

Upbeat yet bittersweet indie rock like these songs would be awesome as well: 

Back cover:

normal_004~33.jpg

Ok, updating my idea of what Honeymoon should be like.

Artwork (or anything from this shoot, really): normal_10806429_892662344112391_59976185

Producer: Mark Ronson and David Lynch

Lyrics: Personal and more psychological. Something surrealist and Lynchian - in that it appears very colorful and effervescent but has a darker undertone - would be very cool.

Songs like:

Pin Up (Galore)

Come When You Call Me AMERICA

I Don't Wanna Go

Cola

Tired of Singing the Blues

Velvet Crowbar

Dayglo Reflection

Oh Say Can You See

Sad Girl

Million Dollar Man

Hawaiian Tropic

Nina Simone cover

Upbeat yet bittersweet indie rock like these songs would be awesome as well: 

Back cover:

normal_004~33.jpg

u want her career dead, don't you? :troll:

I really hope she (and the team) write more elaborate choruses for this album. I prefer more complex chorus like BTD.

Btd (the song) is one of her best choruses. If we got more like that that would be awesome. Maybe also complex choruses like SOC, Brooklyn Baby, West Coast, Cruel World, ITH and Flipside. Like really simple choruses can be effective every now and then, but if she ever released an album with predominantly basic choruses I'd be really annoyed because we all know when she tries to she can write outstanding music with beautiful elaborate choruses. Just look at Paradise, UV and AKA.

Jeez I'm petty :omfg:

Btd (the song) is one of her best choruses. If we got more like that that would be awesome. Maybe also complex choruses like SOC, Brooklyn Baby, West Coast, Cruel World, ITH and Flipside. Like really simple choruses can be effective every now and then, but if she ever released an album with predominantly basic choruses I'd be really annoyed because we all know when she tries to she can write outstanding music with beautiful elaborate choruses. Just look at Paradise, UV and AKA.

Jeez I'm petty :omfg:

Cruel World = The chorus plays like 50% of the song, the rest is the same lyrics with some words exchanged over and over again ... no.

Is This Happiness is a great song, but the chorus is mainly "Is this happiness?Is this happiness?" xD

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Cruel World = The chorus plays like 50% of the song, the rest is the same lyrics with some words exchanged over and over again ... no.

Is This Happiness is a great song, but the chorus is mainly "Is this happiness?Is this happiness?" xD

Yeah I know I think I'm becoming a bit too defensive of Lana these days. I'm getting scared I might end up like the mariah stan :toofunny:

I don't see the problem with a chorus having repetitive words/sentences ... She's got plenty of elaborate choruses which are splendid, but Répétitive choruses never bothered me..

I was typing up a much different response to this when I realized that in the context of her other songs I would agree. I wish I could articulate how the repetitiveness of the choruses on UV are just so tiresome though. Summertime Sadness, Raise Me Up, Gramma, and honestly most of Lana Del Ray has extremely repetitive choruses but for some reason its just not as grating as Sad Girl or Black Beauty. Even Angels Forever and Hollywood aren't that bad with their choruses. Maybe it is the sonic aspect or because the versus in those songs are so much better than most of UVs? I don't know. 

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

i like her more cinematic songs. more rick nowels pls  :toofunny:

i like her songs that tell a story and really create visuals 

AND A VIDEO FOR EVERY SONG  :thumb2:

tumblr_myss44sOvJ1sut3cso1_250.gif

I was typing up a much different response to this when I realized that in the context of her other songs I would agree. I wish I could articulate how the repetitiveness of the choruses on UV are just so tiresome though. Summertime Sadness, Raise Me Up, Gramma, and honestly most of Lana Del Ray has extremely repetitive choruses but for some reason its just not as grating as Sad Girl or Black Beauty. Even Angels Forever and Hollywood aren't that bad with their choruses. Maybe it is the sonic aspect or because the versus in those songs are so much better than most of UVs? I don't know. 

I beg to differ... repeating Black Beauty twice after 'Oh, what can I do?/Life is beautiful but you don't have a clue/Sun, and ocean blue, that magnificence/It don't make sense to you' is def not repetitive

:dorothy2: U are not bashing one of Lana's best songs

ZmJh1LG.jpg

I think it really depends on what is being repeated in the songs. The repetition in LDR is usually packed with some sort of metaphor/symbolism of some sorts, or it adds to the overall meaning of the song- "Gramma said she'll leave the lights on for me" "Who has a face like smarty does? Um" "Ray-ray-ray-raise me up". In Sad Girl, the repetition is just kinda boring and dull - "I'm a sad girl/I'm a bad girl". There's not much meaning or "oomph" to her words - the repetition is essentially just filler. 

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

I beg to differ... repeating Black Beauty twice after 'Oh, what can I do?/Life is beautiful but you don't have a clue/Sun, and ocean blue, that magnificence/It don't make sense to you' is def not repetitive

:dorothy2: U are not bashing one of Lana's best songs

Maybe not the chorus itself, but that little bridge-y bit where she says "black beauty, black beauty baby" ten times after saying it twice on the chorus already almost kills the entire song for me. :toofunny: I've said it before - I completely objectively realize that song is beautiful, but there's something off about it for my taste.  :crai:

I knew I was going to get shit for mentioning that song

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

Her choruses are never as repetitive as you guys wanna pass off (unless we're talking about Guns and Roses)

Y'all conveniently forget the whole "He's got the fire" part of Sad Girl I see