ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

Shame on y'all smh

Producers: I'm really fond of Ronson's work so that would be idyllic. But I'm not sure anymore, Lana is so messy lol I always end up liking her music no matter what so this isn't that important to me tbh

Genre: Being a huge fan of jazzy Lana I'd like to think this is the direction she's taking with Honeymoon, since TOW was the 'opening' for this new era. Nonetheless I pray for upbeat songs, summery stuff haha

Oh, the orchestral grunge thing... I love strings so bring it honey :hooker:

Lyrical content: I'm tired of the same thing as previous users already mentioned, but considering the name of the album we'll get lots of love songs :toofunny: I mean I like them but I also like when she explores different topics like wealth, death, etc.

Artwork: I don't really know... Honeymoon screams warm colors to me but I can't get a clear vision of the cover. I'd like something elegant, glamorous...

ZmJh1LG.jpg

Producers: Emile Haynie and Mark Ronson

Writes: Lana and Justin Parker

Genre: A mix of Born to Die's hip/hop-ish beats with the orchestration of Ride, Gods & Monsters and Young and Beautiful or slow jazz in the vein of Shades of Cool and Million Dollar Man

Lyrical content: idc

Artwork: Something like the picture of her sitting on the grass on the yellow seashell thing, or these:

http://www.clashmusic.com/sites/default/files/field/image/Clash_96_Lana_Del_Rey_1_1.jpg

http://www.fashiongonerogue.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/lana-del-rey-maxim-december-2014-photos02.jpg

stop. you're just making it worse now.

Stop? Who are you again?

By the way I didn't say a word, I just post a video  of  the "greatest vocalist of out time" singing her pharynx and larynx out producing revolutionary sounds

glgcDdT.gif

I kinda just want Lana to drop a few different animal references so I can have a few personas to choose from :creep:

I MEAN, I AM A PUPPY IN REAL LIFE :flop:

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

I kinda just want Lana to drop a few different animal references so I can have a few personas to choose from :creep:

I MEAN, I AM A PUPPY IN REAL LIFE :flop:

Olympic gold medalist decathlete Bruce Jenner's transition from male to female has got nothing on yours from feline to canine.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

I know Ultraviolence is super-slow and depressive but it feels like a party to me lmao so I don't care if it's slow or up-beat.

I find it sad to see MC made fun of in here... Like I Get where this is coming from but she's a very special artist to me, she's helped me a lot when I got through some shit so... If it's not to create constructive criticism, could we not ?

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

It's Live Or Die v2. Version 1 has leaked:

Ohhhhh! Has version two leaked? I didn't think of Live Or Die :facepalm: guess I'm too excited over Honeymoon.

The katy cunt stan how dare you bitch.

Get your generic 12 year olds cunt outta here.

Just trying to make it clear that I've never brought Mariah in any thread.

I've only defended her from low life cunts that tried to drag the greatest vocalist of our time.

'Kay, I never called you names.

And I'm fourteen :notamused:

To the young troubled Katy Perry fan, how rude of you.

You are too young to be in this website, it is best to leave, just for the moment.

I am very sure that I have never discussed Mariah Carey on any Lana Del Rey thread.

I have only defended Mariah Carey from some rather, harsh, and even biased opinions from other members of this well-knit community from defaming a well-renowned vocalist from 76 centuries ago

:troll:

Me. I Am Mariah (was their account deleted or something? I was just going to check if they were a male or female so I'd know how to call them, I couold not access their profile) was shading Lana and shining Mariah, I was just saying that if they wanted to do that, they shouldn't do it on a Lana fan forum because not only is it offensive to Lana herself, but shouldn't we all be offended by it for we're fans? Well, that's how I get when someone shades on Lana.

And I wasn't talking about you, you're perfectly fine in my book (though you wouldn't care).

I'm fourteen. I'm not too young. There are members younger than me on here. But perhaps you're right. Who am I kidding, why did I even come back? I shouldn't have come back, I never really fitted in, trying is just useless. I really should listen to my feelings. I don't know why everyone wants me to stand up for things when all it does is cause trouble. I knew it from the beginning. Sorry for all the trouble. I'll leave and this time I won't come back. I'll still be logged in though so I can stay updated on Lana stuff, I just won't post. Y'all can send me hate if you want, I don't mind. Don't worry, I'll read it. But there's no bother replying...if you want me to reply, however, with answers or stuff, well, then I will.

tumblr_or3tpeCeWc1rtq3bfo1_400.gif

I'd like to say that "Honeymoon" is such a nice title. It's a bit literal of me, but the "honey" makes me think of warm, golden tones.

To the people who want jazz on Honeymoon, I have a question... precisely what do you mean by jazz? It is a diverse genre, after all. Do you want swing? Bebop? Free jazz? Cool? Smooth?  :creep:  Or are you referring to a feel or influence instead? Genuinely curious because I feel like I'm misinterpreting what people mean when they say they want jazz.

EDIT: Double post.

(could we maybe redirect discussion of Mariah Carey and other artists to some other thread? it seems to be causing a lot of trouble here and it's not even related to the topic. maybe entertainment or the general discussion forum whose name i forgot)

'Kay, I never called you names.

And I'm fourteen :notamused:

Me. I Am Mariah (was their account deleted or something? I was just going to check if they were a male or female so I'd know how to call them, I couold not access their profile) was shading Lana and shining Mariah, I was just saying that if they wanted to do that, they shouldn't do it on a Lana fan forum because not only is it offensive to Lana herself, but shouldn't we all be offended by it for we're fans? Well, that's how I get when someone someone shades on Lana.

And I wasn't talking about you, you're perfectly fine in my book (though you wouldn't care).

I'm fourteen. I'm not too young. There are members younger than me on here. But perhaps you're right. Who am I kidding, why did I even come back? I shouldn't have come back, I never really fitted in, trying is just useless. I really should listen to my feelings. I don't know why everyone wants me to stand up for things when all it does is cause trouble. I knew it from the beginning. Sorry for all the trouble. I'll leave and this time I won't come back. I'll still be logged in though so I can stay updated on Lana stuff, I just won't post. Y'all can send me hate if you want, I don't mind. Don't worry, I'll read it. But there's no bother replying...

??? W7e was being sarcastic, plz don't leave or stop posting. :(

14417469274.gif

This thread is such a mess tbh

Producers: I'd love to hear Mark Ronson on this album, as I'm very keen on him. I also really like Dan Heath's work on "Big Eyes"

Genre: I don't really like the hip-hop beats found in BTD :troll: so basically a more orchestral and soft version of BTD/P. But I'd love a few heavier tracks as well.

Lyrics: I prefer the lyrics from ultraviolence and paradise to those from btd, so I'd want to hear something similar to them but yet somewhat different

Artwork: something with gentle warm colours with Lana's usual pose

The katy cunt stan how dare you bitch.

Get your generic 12 year olds cunt outta here.

Just trying to make it clear that I've never brought Mariah in any thread.

I've only defended her from low life cunts that tried to drag the greatest vocalist of our time.

You're literally a fucking dick and I hope you get banned. I'm pretty sure you deleted your account but seriously, you're a fucking Mariah stan and that basic ass bitch hasn't been relevant for 20 fucking years. Nobody gives two shits about her, all she does it ride dick to get anywhere and even then, nobody cares. She's the greatest vocalist of our time? Then why the fuck are you on a Lana Del Rey fanpage and not on a Mariah fanpage? Fucking bye.  :icant2: 

That Katy stan is fucking 14 and at least Katy can sell out shows, sell albums, and have 3+ songs of hers played on the radio at the same time. How many songs does Mariah have on the radio? 0. Nobody fucking likes her.  :crazy:  :lanahairflip:

tumblr_mmtpxe9hDJ1qjdybto5_500.jpg

You're literally a fucking dick and I hope you get banned. I'm pretty sure you deleted your account but seriously, you're a fucking Mariah stan and that basic ass bitch hasn't been relevant for 20 fucking years. Nobody gives two shits about her, all she does it ride dick to get anywhere and even then, nobody cares. She's the greatest vocalist of our time? Then why the fuck are you on a Lana Del Rey fanpage and not on a Mariah fanpage? Fucking bye.  :icant2:

That Katy stan is fucking 14 and at least Katy can sell out shows, sell albums, and have 3+ songs of hers played on the radio at the same time. How many songs does Mariah have on the radio? 0. Nobody fucking likes her.  :crazy:  :lanahairflip:

Oh my god he's banned why do you guys drag this shit out??????? Fucking Mariah mentions are this close to getting spam warning points

Oh my god he's banned why do you guys drag this shit out??????? Fucking Mariah mentions are this close to getting spam warning points

.... Mariah Carey :oop2:

Lol but anyway on the topic of Lana's reliability when it comes to describing her upcoming records, to me Honeymoon sounds like kind of an "organic" record (i.e no synthesisers or electronic production) With Ultraviolence I almost thought Lana was trying to disguise the project as some forgotten Jazz fusion masterpiece from the 60s. Her name wasn't on the front cover, the cover was in black and white with her in front of an old looking car, and there's some kind of filter put over her voice (most identifiable in TOW) that makes the record sound decades old. So maybe this is something we'll see explored further with Honeymoon. BTD was kind of a mix of the baroque pop of the 70s fuzed with hip hop. Perhaps she'll abandon the modern side of that record at all and deliver a Jazz/Baroque classic straight out of the golden age of Jazz with a tinge of orchestral grunge. Also, perhaps this record will mark a change in attitude for Lana? Not towards some cliche over the top love song (a record full of lucky ones? I'd seriously rather jam a spear up my urethra) but, keeping the grunge element in mind, perhaps Lana will sharpen her claws to trash every aspect of fame that pisses her off. Honeymoon could be Lana's opportunity to vent out all the frustration that's built up inside her over the past four years dealing with fame and becoming a pariah. ugh, all this with red one's production would just slay the charts to high heaven :troll: