ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

As much as I would love to see her perform the lead single live, I agree that it's probably not a great idea in the long run. As I said before, I feel like Honeymoon is a great opportunity to combine the high quality of UV's music with the amazing visuals of BTD.

Since Lana is all here for dead icons, Imma need her to do some More Than A Woman type of song.  :D

Since Lana is all here for dead icons, Imma need her to do some More Than A Woman type of song. :D

I was just listening to Aaliyah! I was so obsessed with her in middle school...how did my parents not know I was geh? :defeated:

I was just listening to Aaliyah! I was so obsessed with her in middle school...how did my parents not know I was geh? :defeated:

Started listening to her again shorty before her 10th day of death just to find out a couple of days later. I have it a lot on repeat these days. She was so great  :(

Her dancing was so great and smooth. Not like the typical white-girl aggressive dance moves we have seen with Britney and others. Ugh. 

This is interesting...

" I feel that the three records were so heavy and autobiographical. It’s been so cathartic. I like to use my previous work as a jump-off point to do something new. I’m ready to go into more of a ‘Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds’ surrealist place. That’s why I really do like what I heard about Fellini and all of the movies that were overdubbed and the actors were counting and not saying lines. I couldn’t believe that.

http://entertainment.inquirer.net/163131/lana-del-rey-i-was-very-wild

This is interesting...

" I feel that the three records were so heavy and autobiographical. It’s been so cathartic. I like to use my previous work as a jump-off point to do something new. I’m ready to go into more of a ‘Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds’ surrealist place. That’s why I really do like what I heard about Fellini and all of the movies that were overdubbed and the actors were counting and not saying lines. I couldn’t believe that.

http://entertainment.inquirer.net/163131/lana-del-rey-i-was-very-wild

this sounds so so cool and has me even more pumped for Honeymoon  :excited:  :excited:  :excited:  :excited:  :excited:

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Every though I'd love something like this for the album cover/photoshoot...

mm2.jpg219.jpeg

...another beach-themed photoshoot would be incredibly monotonous/boring.

I don't think that having a single out during her US tour would be a good idea. If she really wants to do some radio or TV promo this time around, she won't have time for it. Especially not going to Europe. I hope this era is well executed. I am not here for another mess like the UV one. Great album which she ditched even before the release.

She didn't ditch it, really, more than her record label did. Hell, she was performing songs from UV on the Paradise Tour. Then again, she DID tease the PWYC video and never put it out... But still, I wouldn't say she ditched it. She was spitting out promo singles like crazy before the release of the album. 

tumblr_mmtpxe9hDJ1qjdybto5_500.jpg

She didn't ditch it, really, more than her record label did. Hell, she was performing songs from UV on the Paradise Tour. Then again, she DID tease the PWYC video and never put it out... But still, I wouldn't say she ditched it. She was spitting out promo singles like crazy before the release of the album. 

She didn't perform any UV song on the TV/radio, only gave a few radio interwievs, systematically cancelled appeareances, acted messy in interwievs for magazines, released lazy music videos and rarely performed the UV songs during her life tour (Pradise tour I know, but come on it's not as if it would be unusual to perform songs from a new record when you have one out). The only thing she did were some good photoshoots with Neil Krug, from which she didn't really used many as promo.

As much as I love UV as a record and lana as a singer, she really ditched the album in an unfair way and i think this behaviour wasn't very fair towards her fans. She doesn't care for sales - ok with me. But promo isn't just about sales, you also do something for your fans. Every fan enjoys HQ life performances, music videos which have some effort put into them etc.

I hope she won't do this again during this era and we will get a little bit more of action.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Updated the OP. 

Has anyone been able to find that quote about The Other Woman carrying over to the next record?

Edit: Was this it? From The Fader:

"I’m a big jazz aficionado. Hopefully my next foray will be into jazz. I feel like I’m getting there with songs like ‘Shades of Cool’ and ‘Cruel World’ and a cover of ‘The Other Woman’ by Nina Simone. I’m inching towards what I really love, which is kind of a Chet Baker, Nina Simone-inspired sound. It’s hard to get that sound because you need great jazz musicians."

I feel like it was even more explicit than that, though.

Updated the OP. 

Has anyone been able to find that quote about The Other Woman carrying over to the next record?

"I’m a big jazz aficionado. Hopefully my next foray will be into jazz. I feel like I’m getting there with songs like ‘Shades of Cool’ and ‘Cruel World’ and a cover of ‘The Other Woman’ by Nina Simone. I’m inching towards what I really love, which is kind of a Chet Baker, Nina Simone-inspired sound. It’s hard to get that sound because you need great jazz musicians."

I wish she would sing 'The Other Woman' Live. Maybe she will on her tour.

qsVmBMd.png

Updated the OP. 

I don't think she ever said that. I only remember a bunch of shit about how perfect it was for Ultraviolence. Also don't think she ever said DLMBM will be the last track?

I don't think she ever said that. I only remember a bunch of shit about how perfect it was for Ultraviolence. Also don't think she ever said DLMBM will be the last track?

The closest thing I can find about it is "I'm doing a cover of "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood." After doing a cover of [Jessie Mae Robinson's] "The Other Woman," I like summarizing the record with a jazz song. I'm having fun with my interpretation", but even then she's just saying that it was nice to end with a jazz song, not that she will definitely do this for Honeymoon.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

I'm sure that I remember her saying in an interview that she wanted the song to carry over to the next record, but I just can't track it down. Maybe it was one of the radio interviews.

Found it in the interview with Inrockuptibles:

"Everybody has asked why I wanted to end Ultraviolence by a cover of The other woman by Nina Simone. Because she says everything, because I love jazz and may be because it could a door for what could be the next album. I could have signed those lyrics... I have listened to another of Nina Simone's cover Lilac Wine by Jeff Buckley... (she sings) It reminds my apprenticeship of life in New-York."

She didn't perform any UV song on the TV/radio, only gave a few radio interwievs, systematically cancelled appeareances, acted messy in interwievs for magazines, released lazy music videos and rarely performed the UV songs during her life tour (Pradise tour I know, but come on it's not as if it would be unusual to perform songs from a new record when you have one out). The only thing she did were some good photoshoots with Neil Krug, from which she didn't really used many as promo.

As much as I love UV as a record and lana as a singer, she really ditched the album in an unfair way and i think this behaviour wasn't very fair towards her fans. She doesn't care for sales - ok with me. But promo isn't just about sales, you also do something for your fans. Every fan enjoys HQ life performances, music videos which have some effort put into them etc.

I hope she won't do this again during this era and we will get a little bit more of action.

She's performed songs from UV COUNTLESS times. And West Coast had it's debut on BBC Radio 1 and I've heard it a couple times on the radio here and I live in Florida (still moving to NY, btw...) But no, I think a lot of the "ditching" had to do with the label. She can't just do promo by herself, she's gotta have help from her label as well as performing live and doing whatever. I think she could've done the singles in a better fashion but I still think it was on the label. We knew from the start that they didn't like the way she was going with the album, anyway. They wanted her to work with Adele's (I think it was Adele) producer and when she said she didn't want to, they said whatever and let her do it her way but if the label doesn't like the record, why would they promote it, even if it's a successful album?

She's performed songs from UV COUNTLESS times. And West Coast had it's debut on BBC Radio 1 and I've heard it a couple times on the radio here and I live in Florida (still moving to NY, btw...) But no, I think a lot of the "ditching" had to do with the label. She can't just do promo by herself, she's gotta have help from her label as well as performing live and doing whatever. I think she could've done the singles in a better fashion but I still think it was on the label. We knew from the start that they didn't like the way she was going with the album, anyway. They wanted her to work with Adele's (I think it was Adele) producer and when she said she didn't want to, they said whatever and let her do it her way but if the label doesn't like the record, why would they promote it, even if it's a successful album?

Countless? :lel: Nah. West Coast and Ultraviolence - a few times, yes. Old Money, FMWUTTT, Money Power Glory, Cruel World and Shades Of Cool performances can be counted on one hand. And I didn't talk about radio-play but about radio performances.

And well, I don't think it's about the label. At least not everything. She herself canceled many events where we could have gotten something interesting to hear/see.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Honestly after the promotion campaign of her two last albuns ( Paradise and UV) I don't expect too much from her when it comes to this. For Honeymoon I just expect her to continuously support her music by releasing music videos. Lana is truly a visual artist so it was a really let down how she handled UV as a whole ( I love the visuals....but only 3 videos for this era?). Even if her label didn't want to release more singles ( which is not the case since they released both Brooklyn Baby and Black Beauty and supported with remixes) she can do her own videos. BTD it wasn't a hit at first in US but she keep supporting the project with videos and see what happeened. I just expect this kind of compromising for this new project

Countless? :lel: Nah. West Coast and Ultraviolence - a few times, yes. Old Money, FMWUTTT, Money Power Glory, Cruel World and Shades Of Cool performances can be counted on one hand. And I didn't talk about radio-play but about radio performances.

And well, I don't think it's about the label. At least not everything. She herself canceled many events where we could have gotten something interesting to hear/see.

When she cancelled performances, she was sick. Would you rather her be sing and her vocals sound terrible and get made fun of more (because let's be honest, nobody has forgotten the SNL gig) or her resting her voice for a few days? Because I'd rather her do the second option.