ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

THIS SHOULD'VE BEEN THE ACTUAL COVER OMG 

Cbg8hTM.jpg

the text placement is horrid, but yeah, that picture should have been used. there's SO many good pics in the booklet.. :defeated: WHY did they choose that picture for cover...

lABVyGE.png

the text placement is horrid, but yeah, that picture should have been used. there's SO many good pics in the booklet.. :defeated: WHY did they choose that picture for cover...

where else was the text supposed to go

FzytWEW.png

There are a few days left to the release, I wait till then to listen in HQ. I'm happy that the album sounds good and her vocals seems to be better than ever.

I want to do something differently this era: I won't read any critical piece on HM. Really, what's the purpose of that anymore? To read the same cliche-istic writings about Lana and to poison the entire experience? I'm fed up with that. I never had in my life a more twisted relationship with music than I had with Lana. I just used to love music and was very personal but with Lana I got immersed in this meta discussion about her that became too much. When I listened to HM I was so carried away by her vocals (even with that LQ periscope stream) and I had this feeling that I have to listen only to her music and not to pay attention to the other stuff. Anything that could be said about Lana, especially the bad, was said, they just continue to repeat themselves. Fuck them and I'll enjoy the music.

She's namedropping/referencing so many things on this album, from the top of my head:

Billie Holiday

Bob Dylan

Bowie

Easy Rider

Robert Frost

Rapper's Delight

Maybe Foreigner (Cold As Ice)

Hotel California

She's namedropping/referencing so many things on this album, from the top of my head:

Billie Holiday

Bob Dylan

Bowie

Easy Rider

Robert Frost

Rapper's Delight

Hotel California

Not to mention Lizzy Grant

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

My actual order of preference based in the LQ songs...

High By The Beach | Salvatore | Music To Watch Boys To | Art Deco | Freak | Terrence Loves You | God Knows I Tried | Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood | Honeymoon | The Blackest Day | Religion | 24 | Swan Song​

Billie Holiday

Bob Dylan

Bowie

Easy Rider

Robert Frost

Rapper's Delight

Hotel California

Generous queen, giving promo to all these has-beens :godlaugh:

She did it on UV too with the Black Keys