PARADIXO

"Lana Del Ray" turns 5!

Probably one of my favorite albums ever, I prefer it over anything she has written. My beautiful Lizzy had such a vibe to her, but she wasn't feeling it so she's at where she's at now... Nevertheless, rock on Lana Del Ray, and happy birthday. You've changed my life forever, you 13 songs, you.  :flutter:  :flutter:  :flutter:

HONESTLY the best album she's ever made & one of my favourites of all time. She combines the clever lyricism of the Sirens era with the unique production of latter albums. Despite what she said about her ideas for the album being different to Kahne's, I still believe that this album is absolutely perfect - I can't fault it at all. It's absolutely criminal that it didn't receive a wider release and that the general public know her for Born to Die as opposed to this fabulous record.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

I don't know why some people think it's a hard album to get into, but I guess my experience is different since I was introduced to most of the songs on youtube before listening to the album as a whole. Anyways, this is one of my favorite albums, and I always come back to it to listen again and again. I can't say the same thing for Born to Die and Paradise.

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

I downloaded it as a zip a couple of months after Born To Die (about march? 2012 i think) It just came up on my dashboard on tumblr. I thought it was a new leak at the time lol.

I instantly loved it. Honestly Born To Die is really good but it has dulled down a lot for me. However, this album still gets so much recognition from me! It's really amazing.

First of all, the opening summary of this thread is well written and thought out, so thank you for that. I thought Ultraviolence was my favorite release from Lana, but I now believe that this album, as a whole, albeit tracks like Gramma and Mermaid Hotel, that I need to revisit, is my favorite. I cannot believe how great of a work it is, and how it has been overlooked by those outside of the Lana-sphere. The fact that it is still an unknown work to many is confusing.

My favorite songs from the album are Kill Kill and Jump. "Kill, Kill" is the type of song that makes you want to rock your hips and dance in a sultry way.

That darn line, "Palm trees in black and white; last thing I saw before I died"

is iconic because, to me, it somehow embodies the entire dark theme of the album, though it is delivered in an airy, unassumingly light way. What a work, Lana!

This album is so incredibly DIVERSE and UNIQUE. Nothing like this exists.

This was Lana's sign of pushing musical, lyrical, and artistic boundaries within popular music.

Every single song is a knockout, to be honest. A.K.A. has flawless continuity, yet you can easily differentiate each track.

The lyrics, while not as strong or poetic as Sirens, still paint a beautiful Americana image and nostalgic feelings.

The album is a fusion of so many different genres and influences.

There's indie, pop, rock, folk, and electronica.

She created an image and a name for herself with Lana Del Ray.

One of her best works to date, in my opinion. I prefer it over Born To Die.

Favorite tracks:

For K Part 2

Queen of the Gas Station

Kill Kill

Jump

Raise Me Up

Second favourite album of Lana's (behind UV)

But this record has my favourite song of all time: Gramma. It's just so easy to listen to whatever mood I'm in. Idk how to explain it but the chorus can switch from being my defiant anthem, my vulnerable sing along or just my jam. I'm not explaining it well but it just has this quality that can warp itself to suite me at any time.

I think that one of the main strong points of the album is that there is a lot of different moods going on, but they're all so cohesive together. You have the broken Lana in Pawn Shop Blues adjacent to the Lolita-esque Put Me In The Movie. Suicid storytelling is juxtaposed in Jump with the romanticising of For K Part 2. The album is a masterpiece, can't rate it highly enough.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1