naachoboy

Kali Uchis

4 minutes ago, Blue Madonna said:

Do we have any insight into who's produced the album? I'd love for her to have worked with Damon Albarn even more, but he's been super busy lately.

well, Tainy produced at least 4 tracks of the album, also I asked @/budgeboogie on instagram if he was in kali next album and he said "god willing"

giphy.gif

tracklist out on apple music 

La Luna Enamorada 1:50

Fue Mejor (with PARTYNEXTDOOR) 3:48

//aguardiente y limón %ᵕ‿‿ᵕ% 2:41

Aquí Yo Mando (with Rico Nasty) 2:21

Vaya con Dios 2:55

Que Te Pedí// 1:44

Quiero Sentirme Bien  3:42

Telepatía 2:40

De Nadie 2:59

No eres tu (soy yo)  2:01

Te Pongo Mal (Préndelo) (with Jowell & Randy) 2:52

La Luz (fín) (with Jhay Cortez) 2:59

ángel sin cielo 2:03

giphy.gif

the albums so short :O

also is it just me or does the production on this album seem cheaper than on isolation? ik we've only heard 2 songs but they're both lacking the sense of cohesion and organic detail that every song in isolation had :toofunny: idk kali ur making me nervous girl 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

I’ve been loving the recent singles from this album but I also feel like this is the era where some of her fans are going to spilt. The direction she’s in right now is very different from her old material. I’m not saying she’s dumbing down her visuals or her music but this album (from the singles we have heard) definitely feels more commercial, even if it’s in Spanish. Looking at the tracklist, it’s really short.

Lana Del Rey Ultraviolence GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

3 minutes ago, Roses of Saigon said:

I’ve been loving the recent singles from this album but I also feel like this is the era where some of her fans are going to spilt. The direction she’s in right now is very different from her old material. I’m not saying she’s dumbing down her visuals or her music but this album (from the singles we have heard) definitely feels more commercial, even if it’s in Spanish. Looking at the tracklist, it’s really short.

Tbh I feel like what she's been doing sonically since Solita it's what she wanted from the get go but somehow she didn't feel like it was the right way to start maybe? IIRC, she said she wanted more songs in spanish and latin sounds all around on Isolation but the label was like "No".

1 minute ago, wahyun said:

Tbh I feel like what she's been doing sonically since Solita it's what she wanted from the get go but somehow she didn't feel like it was the right way to start maybe? IIRC, she said she wanted more songs in spanish and latin sounds all around on Isolation but the label was like "No".

They may have done it to appeal to the English speaking audiences. Now that Latin trap has become more marketable and popular among non-Spanish speaking artists and fans, this was probably the best timing for her to do so. She said on ig the reason why Solita didn’t make the cut was because she felt it didn’t match the album’s theme. :ma:

Lana Del Rey Ultraviolence GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

5 hours ago, Pin Up Galore said:

the albums so short :O

also is it just me or does the production on this album seem cheaper than on isolation? ik we've only heard 2 songs but they're both lacking the sense of cohesion and organic detail that every song in isolation had :toofunny: idk kali ur making me nervous girl 

I could be wrong, but I remember Kali mentioning something along the lines of “these album is inspired by music I listened to growing up.” She also mentioned different artists/genres that inspired her, so overall I got the sense that the tracks would be a bit different from one another (Aquí Yo Mando v. Que Te Pedí). Im just wondering how they would fit cohesively on an album. ❤️ 

BF77-AD48-C18-D-4144-B349-27-DC6-F78-CD7