Fluorine

Charli XCX

Marina: "Yeah, now we both cancelled our European tours!"

Charli: "God bless America!"

tumblr_mnldd1GeBf1qcv2lbo1_500.jpg

I am kind of done with cancellations. 

I am so sorry :defeated:

They're different artists so it doesn't fill the same void but hey Lana loves you and I'm like :republican:

Excited for new music though :ohno:

I left this on her facebook page :/

"ugh Charli... Thankfully I live in the US so if I were selfish i would be happy about this because it means new music sooner, but I feel bad for the people who live in Europe... I know what it's like because you cancelled your show in Michigan last summer when i wanted to see you... It's not right to cancel shows for fans who paid for tickets and really want to see you, just so you can finish your new material a bit sooner "

Like tbh I was already upset she cancelled her show in Michigan literally 3 hours before. It caused a big inconvenience for me and my friend as it was an almost 2 hour drive... So now the fact that she's doing this to more of her fans, for the second or third time even, it's just unacceptable. I don't want to be mad at her, it's her life, and it's actually better for me because I will still see her live and get new music, but do I dare say this is really selfish and inconsiderate of her? I don't want to be hard on her because we don't know the situation, but it really seems like this could be avoided if she wanted to, and her "apology" isn't even very sincere. Does she not realize that she's a big deal to some of her fans? Someone commented that this is the THIRD time they were supposed to see her and she canceled... And he didn't even sound angry at all. She should appreciate her fans more..

I'm soo excited because I had a lot of albums this year and there will be more, and yeah it must be sad that an artist cancel a concert but she obviously will come back there with new music, and she's from UK so its obvious that she'll do concerts there after the cancelled ones

<Knowles // Aitchison // Grant> 

I'm soo excited because I had a lot of albums this year and there will be more, and yeah it must be sad that an artist cancel a concert but she obviously will come back there with new music, and she's from UK so its obvious that she'll do concerts there after the cancelled ones

Europe is a lot bigger than just the UK. She plays in London a lot, but there are parts of Europe (don't ask me what because I'm American and know nothing about European geography) that people tour in (like Cologne? and stuff?) that are kind of treated as a separate tour from the UK. Like, people do UK tours, and then they do European tours, which is basically all of Europe but the UK. That's how it seems to me at least.

I left this on her facebook page :/

"ugh Charli... Thankfully I live in the US so if I were selfish i would be happy about this because it means new music sooner, but I feel bad for the people who live in Europe... I know what it's like because you cancelled your show in Michigan last summer when i wanted to see you... It's not right to cancel shows for fans who paid for tickets and really want to see you, just so you can finish your new material a bit sooner "

Like tbh I was already upset she cancelled her show in Michigan literally 3 hours before. It caused a big inconvenience for me and my friend as it was an almost 2 hour drive... So now the fact that she's doing this to more of her fans, for the second or third time even, it's just unacceptable. I don't want to be mad at her, it's her life, and it's actually better for me because I will still see her live and get new music, but do I dare say this is really selfish and inconsiderate of her? I don't want to be hard on her because we don't know the situation, but it really seems like this could be avoided if she wanted to, and her "apology" isn't even very sincere. Does she not realize that she's a big deal to some of her fans? Someone commented that this is the THIRD time they were supposed to see her and she canceled... And he didn't even sound angry at all. She should appreciate her fans more..

I don't think it's to finish the material sooner, I think it might be to promote new material in the UK.

Hence a tour separate from the True Romance one

BzhmW.png

I want new music but this seems so soon... her first album came out a little over 3 months ago... She's working at a faster pace than Rihanna! I'm honestly not complaining at all, I just don't want to get my hopes up too much that maybe she will play new songs on this tour and have a new single out by the end of this year... It seems way too soon.

I'm sure she's not gonna be consistent with this. She said that she wanted to put this next album out quick because of how long it took her to release True Romance. And most of it was songs we've had for a while already. I'm pretty sure she thinks she owes a new album to her fans.

When you say you don't think she'll be consistent with this, do you mean that after this album you think she will move to a normal album release schedule, or that you think this album will be a bit rushed and sound inconsistent?  :eek:

When you say you don't think she'll be consistent with this, do you mean that after this album you think she will move to a normal album release schedule, or that you think this album will be a bit rushed and sound inconsistent?  :eek:

Yeah, she'll go to a normal schedule. Which it would be great if she was able to be a Rihanna and shoot out an album at least every year, but I guess nobody but Rihanna is capable of that.

She just sent out a 20% off thing for everyone who preordered tickets to one of her shows, but idk what to do, because I want to get it and I want the discount (although 20% isn't much...) but I'm moving on August 21st and it wont ship until August 13th, but the promo code is only valid until August 18th, and I'm not moving into my actual apartment until September 1st... So like shipping will be tricky.. I guess I'll just have it shipped home and have my parents send it to me if it arrives after I move.

She just sent out a 20% off thing for everyone who preordered tickets to one of her shows, but idk what to do, because I want to get it and I want the discount (although 20% isn't much...) but I'm moving on August 21st and it wont ship until August 13th, but the promo code is only valid until August 18th, and I'm not moving into my actual apartment until September 1st... So like shipping will be tricky.. I guess I'll just have it shipped home and have my parents send it to me if it arrives after I move.

I didn't get one?  :O

BzhmW.png

Yeah, she'll go to a normal schedule. Which it would be great if she was able to be a Rihanna and shoot out an album at least every year, but I guess nobody but Rihanna is capable of that.

Oh, song-wise, she's absolutely able to keep that up - she's possibly the most prolific artist I stan for. Remember her claiming that she wrote the entirety of 'Super Ultra' in what, three days? Or maybe it was a week, or ten days...regardless, if she could do that in such a short amount of time, I'm sure a full year would give her the chance to compose at least a full album of really strong, original songs, as well as any she has already written or will be writing for other artists.  :deadbanana: 

We still don't have a comprehensive (as in complete) list of every song she has recorded since she started at age 14, though I hope we have at least most of them...we've barely scratched the surface of her musicianship in more ways than I like to think about.  :deadbanana: