Fluorine

Charli XCX

LIKE A DINOSAUR, LIKE A DINOSAUR

RAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW LIKE A DINOSAUR
RAHRAHRAHRAHRAHRAH LIKE A DINOSAUR

8648.gif

This gif is literally a Charli XCX concert

:smh:

Tbh best case scenario for me would be that she kept making goth myspace pop through her career because it's my favorite aspect of her music. So that's just personal taste + what I'm into usually. Like Photography, Dinosaur Sex, I Wanna Be Darth Vader, Machines--these are all at the top of her catalog for me.

Tbh best case scenario for me would be that she kept making goth myspace pop through her career because it's my favorite aspect of her music. So that's just personal taste + what I'm into usually. Like Photography, Dinosaur Sex, I Wanna Be Darth Vader, Machines--these are all at the top of her catalog for me.

I actually really liked True Romance.

I actually really liked True Romance.

Fair enough, and I've stuck around for a reason. It's definitely my album of the year :angie: And her second album sounds really promising. I still think she kinda channels cHaRli xCx in her mixtapes so that's cool.

I was with you until the 4 songs you gave as examples because those are like my 4 least favorite Charli songs... I'm here for her goth-pop but not those songs, more like Stay Away, Nuclear Seasons, Glow, the heartbreaks and Earthquake mixtape/style... I like when she does dark/goth imagery meets catchy pop music. I don't want her to completely abandon the goth thing and just do electronic music now.

I also really like her myspace pop sound, but not the songs you said. I prefer I Like You, Too Cool, Neon Fashion and Glowstix, and I'll Never Know.

I was with you until the 4 songs you gave as examples because those are like my 4 least favorite Charli songs... I'm here for her goth-pop but not those songs, more like Stay Away, Nuclear Seasons, Glow, the heartbreaks and Earthquake mixtape/style... I like when she does dark/goth imagery meets catchy pop music. I don't want her to completely abandon the goth thing and just do electronic music now.

I also really like her myspace pop sound, but not the songs you said. I prefer I Like You, Too Cool, Neon Fashion and Glowstix, and I'll Never Know.

I can't be alone in this :heidi:

I guess I just have a thing for when she gets weird af. Like, B!TCH ZO SXC >>>

But not even Photography, really? :poordat:

But that's not from MySpace! :P Do you just mean sonically, as in it fits in with the others you listed? 

You're not alone, I like her old stuff as much if not more than the new. t.b.h., I just love everything, but it's true that there's something in the old-er songs that's special, that she hasn't kept as she's gotten older. I'm a total sucker for singers getting out of their musical comfort zone (e.g. Regina, Lana, Charli, Sky, etc.), and that's the general driving factor for me liking her weirder music. 

I wish there was a pt. 2 to '14' - an album of MySpace era demos, arranged around a guiding sonic or lyrical theme. :worship: Of course, we have almost an album's worth already, but they don't all go together very well...here's hoping for more of the quasi-rap hybrids she's always likes to talk about. :toofunny: And yeah, I'd have to say 'Too Cool' might be the worst of the lot we have, but I've still listened to it a ton.  :creep: 

The first 12 tracks of 14 are pure gold. The last two are alright, but just not as good.

All of the tracks on TR are pure gold for me.

I love the mixtapes, but H&E >>>>>>> SU. I just can't get into some tracks on Super Ultra, but Velvet Dreaming, Moments In Love, Cloud Aura, Dance 4 U and Heatwave are amazing.

But that's not from MySpace! :P Do you just mean sonically, as in it fits in with the others you listed? 

Yeah I just meant sonically. It reminds me of those ones. Those are her songs that give me a nostalgic feeling for some reason. I think Too Cool and I Like You sound kind of like I'll Never Know... Maybe it's just me though. 

I really don't like Dance 4 U or Velvet Dreaming (Luv) very much but the rest of the mixtape tracks (H&E and SU) are pretty great. But really the only one I like as much as TR, seeing that I like her newer stuff much more, is Heatwave. That should have been put on TR, not Cloud Aura!!

H0bDaqU.gif

Anyone else like Too Cool? It's one of my favorite myspace/ old tracks... I just get a weird nostalgia when Iu listen to it and the instrumental is so cool and internet-y and idk I can't even explain why I love it so much but she has way worse songs... (I wanna be darth vader, Dinosaur sex, Photography at least in my opinion are all way worse :/ )

Anyone else like Too Cool? It's one of my favorite myspace/ old tracks... I just get a weird nostalgia when Iu listen to it and the instrumental is so cool and internet-y and idk I can't even explain why I love it so much but she has way worse songs... (I wanna be darth vader, Dinosaur sex, Photography at least in my opinion are all way worse :/ )

NO.

How can anyone dislike Dinosaur Sex! though??? 

Are you kidding me?? You used to give me shit for loving B!TCH ZO SXC, get out. 

But yeah, Photography & Dinosaur Sex are really great, the other two are good too. 

14417469274.gif

Are you kidding me?? You used to give me shit for loving B!TCH ZO SXC, get out. 

But yeah, Photography & Dinosaur Sex are really great, the other two are good too. 

Spy the error :sideeye: