Fluorine

Charli XCX

Sorry to be OT, but there's this "indie pop starlet" tournament going on at popdust.

The first round has Charli vs. Natalia Kills

Vote!  :)

EDIT: I think I jinxed it. Charli's losing 48,000 to 42,000 now.  :ohno:

Poor AlunaGeorge :eartha:

How is Sky killing Aluna but, like, Lorde (the most successful) is equal with Banks?

I LOVE the gif of her with the robot!! I'm so excited!

Edit: just saw the live performance posted which actually looks pretty high quality... Of course I was waiting for it for a week and it happens the day the song actually comes out... I'm not even going to watch/listen to the live performance since the song is out in a few hours anyway.

Well, the cover is terrible and the song is mediocre. Plus, December 2nd? Who thought that would be smart?

Charli. :(

That's how British releases work usually. Radio premiere and airplay and then it eventually goes up for sale when they think airplay is high

BzhmW.png

Wait the video and song have been here for a few days!? Why did no one post that here I had no idea... Well, I'll go find it on tumblr and listen now..

Edit: wait that's the real single cover? :biblio:

Edit again: the song is cute! Its catchy and will definitely grow on me. It is a bit mediocre though when you compare it to Stay Away and You (ha ha ha) or most of True Romance tbh... It's also just a very different sound for her. It sounds more mainstream and pop-y with no cool goth vibe too it :/

Wait the video and song have been here for a few days!? Why did no one post that here I had no idea... Well, I'll go find it on tumblr and listen now..

Edit: wait that's the real single cover? :biblio:

Edit again: the song is cute! Its catchy and will definitely grow on me. It is a bit mediocre though when you compare it to Stay Away and You (ha ha ha) or most of True Romance tbh... It's also just a very different sound for her. It sounds more mainstream and pop-y with no cool goth vibe too it :/

pray that the rest of the album is not gonna be like that. otherwise I think ill stop listening. 

I like the song but it's rather frustrating that we'll have to wait until December to be able to buy it. I was so excited when I saw the "Buy it on iTunes" link on the YouTube video but nothing.

About the cover being mediocre, I am not surprised considering her artwork (except for "You're the One") has never been that stunning, at least in my opinion.

ok so the song is definitely growing, and while it's not what I expect from Charli, as a stand alone song it's pretty catchy and good! (I just hope the rest of the album doesn't sound TOO much like it. She said the album wouldn't be a HUGE departure from True Romance)

Honestly the video saved it for me! I LOOOOVE the video! Definitely my favorite Charli XCX video, although You're the One is pretty great. I love it when a music video is super good and makes me appreciate the song more <3