Fluorine

Charli XCX

this is such a breezy summer album. soaked in sweat @ a festival or as someone said on the last page, browsing racks @ american apparel with the AC blasting :legend:

brat is her best album yet, for me personally, it tops TR & HIFN :hdu:

4 hours ago, Foxes said:
  Reveal hidden contents

wait relistening to 365 I noticed that there’s the “OOH”s from bounce in the mix if you listen carefully AHHH 

The ooh adlib actually originated from Round and Round

which I think is really cool bc technically there’s always some part of XCX World that will be in charlis music and I think that’s beautiful 

it's a grower for sure, i was really disappointed at first and there's some messy moments lyrically/melodically but after a few listens and some adjusted expectations i love it. i'm relieved i came around because i've been hoping for a 2009/2010 electropop myspace demos album from her for years and i needed this to round out my holy trinity of true romance and number 1 angel. the lack of features is great. i think my main issue was with the sequencing, it was very jarring but i moved a few songs around and it's a much more cohesive listen

9 minutes ago, lonely lonely night said:

it's a grower for sure, i was really disappointed at first and there's some messy moments lyrically/melodically but after a few listens and some adjusted expectations i love it. i'm relieved i came around because i've been hoping for a 2009/2010 electropop myspace demos album from her for years and i needed this to round out my holy trinity of true romance and number 1 angel. the lack of features is great. i think my main issue was with the sequencing, it was very jarring but i moved a few songs around and it's a much more cohesive listen

This part, I'm still not set on all of them but I really liked it more then I initially thought 

Jealousy's a disease bitch get well soon

2 hours ago, Cherry Blossom said:

who was it who asked for slow ballads like I Don’t Wanna Know etc because So I, I think about it all the time, I might say something stupid… :defeated:

lol that was me but these new girls do NOT live up to the likes of what i wanted :brigitte:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

9 minutes ago, judejupiter said:

i think the boiler room set messed with people’s idea of what the album was gonna sound like :noparty:

This is why we have Boiler Room… :popcorn:

I personally tried to remember that she is a major-label pop artist, and keep everything in perspective… and because of that, the album would likely be a bit more poppy.

Like we know what a Charli release tends to sound like…… The Boiler Room was not that. :oprah3: :eartha:

25 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

lol that was me but these new girls do NOT live up to the likes of what i wanted :brigitte:

I mean, understandable and I can see where you are coming from. My only gripe is that they are so short.

I’m a huge fan of that myspace demo-ish style sound that she went with for them tho - Valentine is one of my favourite songs by here and they remind me of it :flutter:

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

We practically have two albums with Brat and the Boiler Room set like I don't really get the issue.. 
I do wish the EASYFUN remix of 365 closed the album though

brazilian twitter is going CRAZY over brat. memes took over even the biggest brands over here (uber, burger king, beverage brands, tv networks…); everyone is posting brat memes, green edits, talking about charli. she’s been trending on twitter like crazy. its like a fever dream, never imagined to witness something like this and she deserves it so much. we brazilian angels go WILD alwayssss

okay i like (not love) the album when removing; i might say something stupid, so i, girl so confusing and i think about it all the time 

imma delete those :eartha:

43 minutes ago, judejupiter said:

i think the boiler room set messed with people’s idea of what the album was gonna sound like :noparty:

i think the issue is that the album that was marketed is not the album that was delivered. i am really enjoying it, but it is not the club b2b classic she promo'd

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

2 hours ago, venicebitch said:

the way the whole tracklist goes from partying TO existental thoughts BACK to partying but this time acknowleging it as a cope mechanism BACK to being introspective... and then the whole story circles back again from 365 to 360 with the interpolation but also both the titles representing basically a loop... this album is a fucking masterpiece and no one can tell me otherwise!!!!!!!! BRAT ALBUM OF THE MILLENIUM!!!!!!!!!!

boom. there it is

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

25 minutes ago, hellsbbgurl said:

brazilian twitter is going CRAZY over brat. memes took over even the biggest brands over here (uber, burger king, beverage brands, tv networks…); everyone is posting brat memes, green edits, talking about charli. she’s been trending on twitter like crazy. its like a fever dream, never imagined to witness something like this and she deserves it so much. we brazilian angels go WILD alwayssss

WHAT A TIME TO BE A BRATZILIAN ANGELLLLL

31 minutes ago, hellsbbgurl said:

a gente lacra muito

girl this is definitely not the experimental club album she tried to say it was LMFAOOOOO

like 90% of these songs just sound like they could’ve been on crash/hifn/pop 2

also girl so confusing is definitely about lorde and i will die on that hill…. consider me team #LordeSoConfusing 

anyways my favs are Everything is Romantic, 360, So I, Talk talk, von dutch 

i also love the little funky piano bridge in mean girls, but i wish i liked the rest of the song more :(