Fluorine

Charli XCX

Need an extended 365 remix its too shortttttt

SOPHIE • ARCA • SKY FERREIRA • YEULE • CHARLI XCX • WILL TOLEDO • JAMIE STEWART • CHELSEA WOLFE • YUNG LEAN • ECCO2K • NATURAL SNOW BUILDINGS • EARTHEATER • FIONA APPLE • BJÖRK • ANNA VON HAUSSWOLFF • KRISTIN MICHAEL HAYTER • RICHARD D JAMES • DEADMAU5 • MICHAEL GIRA • LIZ PHAIR • LANA DEL REY • TINASHE • FKA TWIGS • DEATH GRIPS • SNOW STRIPPERS • A. G. COOK • ETHEL CAIN • NICOLE DOLLANGANGER • KATIE JANE GARSIDE • SHYGIRL • BABYMETAL • CARLY RAE JEPSEN • PERFUME • BEYONCÉ • MACHINE GIRL • KILL ALTERS • RINA SAWAYAMA • A$AP ROCKY • FRIENDZONE • JOANNA NEWSOM • JANE REMOVER • UBOA • KATE BUSH • SARAH BONITO • SLAYYYTER • AYESHA EROTICA • CAROLINE POLACHEK • KELELA • DEVONTÉ HYNES • WEYES BLOOD • JULIA HOLTER • COCTEAU TWINS • TORI AMOS • HANNAH DIAMOND • FLORENCE WELCH • GIA MARGRET • SKULLCRUSHER • DEFTONES • KESHA • LORDE • BONNIE MCKEE • COBRAH • GOODSPEED YOU! BLACK EMPEROR • YUNG SHERMAN • SEA OLEENA • POPPY • DEAN BLUNT • DEAR NORA • T.A.T.U. • NAMASENDA • POISON GIRLFRIEND • TOVE LO • ZHEANI • ORTIES • BLADEE • AESPA • BANKS • ONEOHTRIX POINT NEVER • OTAY:ONII • TEAADORA • IMOGEN HEAP • ROSE MELBERG • 

I think what I love about this project is that instead of lazily going back and deleting a verse for every track and getting someone to hop on as a feature, Charli has gone back to each song and written a brand new track with either using the song title / lyric / beat as a prompt to writing about a new experience or perspective based on the prompt.

e.g. Sympathy is a Knife going from a song about Charli being unable to deal with her internal dialogue and how she can be so vicious with herself / doubts to revisiting those doubts from her perspective now with the success of brat.

While I feel like there are a few hits and misses with the album, it’s hard to deny it was a highly ambitious project and much more exciting than an album of reworks / features. 

I feel like most of the polarising reviews from fans is a mix of high expectations for what we were getting and I’m seeing a lot of OG angels loving the album vs newer fans (not bagging new fans but just an interesting trend I’ve noticed)

auVZaE5.png

On 10/9/2024 at 1:56 PM, Lipgloss Twink said:

I don't want the George Daniel Remix of Mean Girls, I want the A G. Cook Remix of Mean girls, full piano. The hatred ya'll would spew would be delicious

I didn't mean it, at least not like this. Imagine if it would've built the way the original does in the end, starting with pure piano and becoming so bombastic in the end that it eventually overshadows the 1st chorus of mean girls, going even harder than that.

Also "This one's for all my mean girls, this one's for all my bad girls,..." just sounded way better than "This one's for all my mean girls"*3