Fluorine

Charli XCX

I was having dinner with oomf and they said that they were interviewing Rina not long after, and I mentioned the unreleased Charli collab.

the article came out today

https://www.syrupaus.com/entertainment/rina-sawayama-interview/?fbclid=IwAR2xMirx-9sw9uZ17TYvKkqy7giGga6H-r6PjkqvTixg8O00PG0oIiRAPEY

Spoiler

For those in the know, you might remember there was a rumour that Rina Sawayama once worked on a song with Charli XCX. The song, which was recorded very early into the writing stage of SAWAYAMA, was intended to be part of Charli XCX’s third studio album, Charli, released in 2019. Evidently, as a quick listen on Spotify will tell you, it’s not on it.

“There’s a song. I mean, Charli’s got it,” admits Sawayama. “But you know what, we didn’t write it together in the studio and I know she’s such a great writer. For me, when I collaborate with other people, it needs to be a true collaboration.”

“I can’t sing other people’s lyrics, I find it just a bit disingenuous for me. We’ve got the song together but we wrote it two years ago maybe, and I really actually just want to get in the studio with her and write properly.”

I'd honestly love a Pop 2 CD, or even a LP reissue (I own the Number 1 Angel / Pop 2 double LP) but imagine a violet coloured pressing! A deluxe digital release would be nice too, maybe some remixes, outtakes or even demos.

14 hours ago, bored said:

I'd honestly love a Pop 2 CD, or even a LP reissue (I own the Number 1 Angel / Pop 2 double LP) but imagine a violet coloured pressing! A deluxe digital release would be nice too, maybe some remixes, outtakes or even demos.

i think this would be more likely on the 5th or 10th anniversary. I’d love to see a Let U Down + 100 release 

33 minutes ago, tomscx said:

i think this would be more likely on the 5th or 10th anniversary. I’d love to see a Let U Down + 100 release 

she probably will never release it in respect of Lil Peep but... Party Party, the other song featuring Kim Petras and maybe some stuff from the 24 Hours album can see the light of the day

10 minutes ago, alan said:

she probably will never release it in respect of Lil Peep but... Party Party, the other song featuring Kim Petras and maybe some stuff from the 24 Hours album can see the light of the day

If Charli does not put any "new" track out, outtake from Pop 2, XCXMAS should start with Never Let You Go feat miss Kim Petras!

27 minutes ago, Dima said:

bcrq47d.jpgP4z1ztm.jpgDrHfnpS.jpg

Happy POP2 Anniversary http://charlixcx.world/thumbnails.php?album=486 ;)

HOLD ONNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK U!!!!

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever