Fluorine

Charli XCX

On 9/14/2023 at 3:57 AM, Grins said:

happy bday to her worst album after sucker

bob-charli-xcx.gif

but still a legendary moment in pop history!!! silver cross, click and NLC you will always be famous :flutter:

WRONG!

Charli is her worst ever. Uninspired album filled with rejects and filler scraps, tried to replicate the iconicness of Pop 2 but failing miserably. Ugly ass silver photoshoots that seemed made in 2 minutes the day prior release. Like it all felt dragged out and then super rushed at the end to get the album out. Even the title is boring and lazy, and I think it’s an insult to her name having those songs tied to her self-titled. They really don’t represent her talent and artsy at all.

Does Charli have cute moments and some bops? Of course, but as a whole it’s definitely her worst.

Sucker had a defined concept that was executed flawlessly, also she looked hot through all the era and the photoshoots and the imagery was perfect for it. It’s a shame her label watered down the whole thing, but overall it’s still a fun cute pop rock inspired record! Break The Rules > Shake It/Blame it on your love/Next level Charli

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

24 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

WRONG!

Charli is her worst ever. Uninspired album filled with rejects and filler scraps, tried to replicate the iconicness of Pop 2 but failing miserably. Ugly ass silver photoshoots that seemed made in 2 minutes the day prior release. Like it all felt dragged out and then super rushed at the end to get the album out. Even the tile is boring and lazy, and I think it’s an insult to her name having those songs tied to her self-titled. They really don’t represent her talent and artsy at all.

Does Charli have cute moments and some bops? Of course, but as a whole it’s definitely her worst.

Sucker had a defined concept that was executed flawlessly, also she looked hot through all the era and the photoshoots and the imagery was perfect for it. It’s a shame her label watered down the whole thing, but overall it’s still a fun cute pop rock inspired record! Break The Rules > Shake It/Blame it on your love/Next level Charli

Me when I’m delusional and ready to pick a fight:

52 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

WRONG!

Charli is her worst ever. Uninspired album filled with rejects and filler scraps, tried to replicate the iconicness of Pop 2 but failing miserably. Ugly ass silver photoshoots that seemed made in 2 minutes the day prior release. Like it all felt dragged out and then super rushed at the end to get the album out. Even the tile is boring and lazy, and I think it’s an insult to her name having those songs tied to her self-titled. They really don’t represent her talent and artsy at all.

worms for brains

17 hours ago, Heartmachine said:

One thing I really miss about the “Charli” era… life itself felt vibrant and exciting… like we were moving closer and closer to something really great, and I hear that in the music on this album… You’d go out on a Friday or Saturday and there was just such a great energy among all the people. It just brings back a lot of fond memories of that time. It’s my favorite era of hers by far… and it wasn’t just the “Charli” album, but the years of lead up to it, seeing everything unfolding in real time.

But now in just a few short years, I almost feel the complete opposite. Like we went from some of the best of times to some of the worst.

Yup yup, 2019 was like such a great year for me, and each piece of the rollout just felt majestic and so aligned with my mood. That and Sunshine Kitty's carried the summer and the rest of the year til the pandemic

17 hours ago, White Dress said:

I liked it but I think it would have benefited from a tighter tracklist. 

The Warm erasure tho:crai: that outro alone is some of her very best work, the shivers while experiencing it live. And i'm also a TOOTIME apologist like her lol

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

WRONG!

couldn’t agree more, I think it’s time everyone admits the original xcx3 would have been much better - I know there was never a final tracklist, but we all know by now it would have most likely featured these songs:

after the afterparty

boys

bounce

can you hear me

die 4

down like wow

girls night out

good girls

I wanna be with you

no angel

queen lizzy

waterfall

and as a whole this group of tracks would have made a much more cohesive/enjoyable/iconic album - I mean the fact 10 of these have sophie involvement is so cool, she probably worked really hard on that album it just sucks the majority of it never came out

also want to add that I wanna be with you is one of the best songs ever made and should be talked about more often :nails:

i still cannot fathom how she scrapped all the sessions from Jan 2018 - April 2018 which included 1000 Times, Don't Call Me, Next Life, Cigarettes & Alcohol, LA etc. over what we ended up getting on Charli. its such an incohesive project and definitely her weakest.

however, songs like Gone, Silver Cross, Next Level Charli and February 2017 are highlights of the album

3 hours ago, Nightmare said:

WRONG!

No I agree entirely- it’s also her worst fashion era- none of it worked to me 

The XCX world concept was interesting and would have been ahead of the Y2K trend in 2016- it would have worked in that moment only and it’s a shame the label scrapped it for what it was 

4 hours ago, Nightmare said:

WRONG!

And still Charli is the only (hyperpop) album we had with decent era and promo, it'll always be iconic for that in my mind. 

Btw Crash Is her worst album.

07772f16031f371bb19c2650cab67790a3966c6d

So many shit opinions on this last pageeeee omg

Charli > XCX World

Charli is a masterpiece in the art of compromise 

CRASH is phenomenal and the highest high Charli has reached YET.

there I think this thread needed some cleansing energy

7 hours ago, Nightmare said:

WRONG!

Here for this energy solely because I enjoy chaos.

Edit: Actually nah I like Sucker more than Charli and overall agree, BUT, Silver Cross is *that* bitch.

2 hours ago, Veinsineon said:

Shh don't say that you'll summon my cracked out mother with her 8 sticks of burning sage and a mouthful of gaslighty, neggy, backhanded compliments. :rip:

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

3 hours ago, Veinsineon said:

So many shit opinions on this last pageeeee omg

Charli > XCX World

Charli is a masterpiece in the art of compromise 

CRASH is phenomenal and the highest high Charli has reached YET.

girl stfu :wtf: