Fluorine

Charli XCX

So far I'm loving the visual aspect of the era. While at first I didn't fall head over heels for the pic which was on that Instagram post with the marketing ideas, it really grown on me since then, and now I can't get enough of it. And now the cover art for Von Dutch is the definition of cuntiness without even trying the least. Guess we're eating GOOD.

4 hours ago, twitter said:

I need everyone to understand that Charli is not the one stretching out the teasing, it's Atlantic. We've seen how fast Charli works. When she's left to her own devices (pop2, hifn, etc) she gets out music VERY quickly. The label are the ones who decide when to start promotion, when to drop teasers, when the single is released etc. They want the song to go "viral" before it's released. It's just a numbers game to them, they could not care less about how exciting a rollout is for fans. If you're annoyed with the rollout process, direct your frustrations to people at the label. Charli shouldn't be the one catching strays for the release schedule that her label is implementing. 

why is it not preferable for the song to go viral when it’s actually available for purchase? it’s awkward to watch her try to get a viral moment using a teaser without actually giving what would presumably be the best part of the song away. like if any part of the song were to go viral it would probably be the bridge or final chorus or a ravey outro but she’s kind of squandering the momentum on a snippet of the first few seconds.

in the streaming era the element of surprise is on your side, the people that would otherwise be playing the song on repeat when it comes out have already exhausted the snippet and are kind of over it, just take a look at this thread. i would say they probably do care about how exciting the rollout is for fans because they’ll be the ones streaming and buying the song lol

6 hours ago, White Dress said:

Y’all gonna hate me for this but I cannot stand Next Level Charli… something about the snare sound is just so off to me. It’s mixed like doodoo 

I’ve said this for years and was downvoted many times :toofloppy:

We need to see her faces of death kill scene 

7 hours ago, rollwithme said:

OMFG I LOVE THIS. Finally some good fucking content.

The aesthetic, the colors, the minimalist text, the composition

im finally excited for this era

praying the von dutch vinyl has this artwork

I actually thought her dress- the grey one was for faces of death and not her own video because it’s so uncharacteristically charli and ordinary- but maybe that video where she was smoking was just bts for Von Dutch 

28 minutes ago, track10swig said:

Made some quick simple vinyl mocks for Von Dutch. I had kinda already started working on a cover before the actual cover dropped so expect another mockup soon!

Hide contents

Bt0Rai1.png

XzSlzO4.png

Love these I’d preorder both :ma:

hey girls.. the tracker is going to slowly be updated over the next indeterminate amount of time, a lot of the links are dying so we are working on migration. also hopefully this will fix the issues with the website being all wonky

they call me the xcx archivist the way i am archiving xcx

7 hours ago, lonely lonely night said:

why is it not preferable for the song to go viral when it’s actually available for purchase? it’s awkward to watch her try to get a viral moment using a teaser without actually giving what would presumably be the best part of the song away. like if any part of the song were to go viral it would probably be the bridge or final chorus or a ravey outro but she’s kind of squandering the momentum on a snippet of the first few seconds.

in the streaming era the element of surprise is on your side, the people that would otherwise be playing the song on repeat when it comes out have already exhausted the snippet and are kind of over it, just take a look at this thread. i would say they probably do care about how exciting the rollout is for fans because they’ll be the ones streaming and buying the song lol

RELAX lmaooooooooooooooooooo

OK, just now I came to the realization that I need to control myself and stop listening to the Von Dutch snippet, cause if I keep listening to it 10 times a day I will eventually get sick of the song before it even comes out. The rollout for the single sucks ass tho. If a late February drop was the intention she shouldn't have teased it so early. I'm OK with Von Dutch dropping someday after the Boiler Room set, but if Charli debuts songs from the album on the set, dropping the album months away would be the worst thing she could possibly do. 

8 hours ago, Chorli Xbox said:

i love how ‘i finally understand’ used to be one of my least faves of HIFN but now it’s one of my favorites :true:

It’s almost like you finally understand the vibe of the track, charli’s mind honestly 

:krylie:

j14CYJi.png

WAITTTT is Spring Breakers a track she wrote for Britney??? They’re TOO many hints of it being from Britney’s POV. I broke down the lyrics:

Spoiler

• “Never get invited cause I’m such a hater” in 2007 Britney said “the Grammy’s can kiss my ass” and has only been to the Grammy’s ONCE in the 14 years since.

• “Crazy girl shit, gunna go Spring Breakers” Britney was Hollywood’s crazy girl for a while + the movie Spring Breakers has so many Britney references.

• There’s literally an “Everytime” sample!

• “Everytime I make it so Outrageous” These are two songs from Britney’s 2003 album In The Zone

• “Vroom vroom in a big pink trunk” Britney drives a pink hummer in her Do Somethin’ music video

• “February 10th and I’m gunna pull up”

FEBRUARY 10, 2003 THE ICONIC PHOTO OF BRITNEY IN HER VON DUTCH TRUCKER HAT AND A SHIRT WITH THE WORD ‘FUCK’ ACROSS THE FRONT 

Ik I’m reading way too into it and it’s 95% not a song that was pitched to Britney… but the coincidences…. 

16 minutes ago, twitter said:

WAITTTT is Spring Breakers a track she wrote for Britney??? They’re TOO many hints of it being from Britney’s POV. I broke down the lyrics:

Hide contents

• “Never get invited cause I’m such a hater” in 2007 Britney said “the Grammy’s can kiss my ass” and has only been to the Grammy’s ONCE in the 14 years since.

• “Crazy girl shit, gunna go Spring Breakers” Britney was Hollywood’s crazy girl for a while + the movie Spring Breakers has so many Britney references.

• There’s literally an “Everytime” sample!

• “Everytime I make it so Outrageous” These are two songs from Britney’s 2003 album In The Zone

• “Vroom vroom in a big pink trunk” Britney drives a pink hummer in her Do Somethin’ music video

• “February 10th and I’m gunna pull up”

FEBRUARY 10, 2003 THE ICONIC PHOTO OF BRITNEY IN HER VON DUTCH TRUCKER HAT AND A SHIRT WITH THE WORD ‘FUCK’ ACROSS THE FRONT 

Ik I’m reading way too into it and it’s 95% not a song that was pitched to Britney… but the coincidences…. 

HOLY SHIT YOUR MIND????

they call me the xcx archivist the way i am archiving xcx