Fluorine

Charli XCX

my tinfoil hat conspiracy theory at this point is that she chose a thursday for the boiler room so she could surprise drop the album the same night and the drawn out release for the single was secretly to build hype for the album without explicitly giving anything away, which is why we still don't have a date for von dutch because she's actually dropping the whole album. this way she appeases the label and who's gonna be mad that von dutch took so long when there's like 11 other songs to listen to. her month off was to make sure everything was lined up and ready to go. seems very antithetical to the 8 month lead up to crash, "similar in its ethos" to the quick release of pop2, and very on brand for her idgaf era. so xcx6 out this friday.

:true:

2 hours ago, lonely lonely night said:

my tinfoil hat conspiracy theory at this point is that she chose a thursday for the boiler room so she could surprise drop the album the same night and the drawn out release for the single was secretly to build hype for the album without explicitly giving anything away, which is why we still don't have a date for von dutch because she's actually dropping the whole album. this way she appeases the label and who's gonna be mad that von dutch took so long when there's like 11 other songs to listen to. her month off was to make sure everything was lined up and ready to go. seems very antithetical to the 8 month lead up to crash, "similar in its ethos" to the quick release of pop2, and very on brand for her idgaf era. so xcx6 out this friday.

something abt this doesn’t even seem delulu.. it seems realistic and probable… so I’m seated

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

2 hours ago, lonely lonely night said:

wait :oprah7:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

6 hours ago, lonely lonely night said:

THIS is EXACTLY my theory… I said it on atrl and they were like “WHY WOULD SHE DO THAT” and i’m like…. you clearly don’t know her because this is exactly something she would do 😭

6 hours ago, lonely lonely night said:

i hope this is true but it does make me wonder why the presave link is solely for Von Dutch, she has special Von Dutch artwork cover already including the leaked thing with the Addison Rae feature

21 minutes ago, Chorli Xbox said:

i hope this is true but it does make me wonder why the presave link is solely for Von Dutch, she has special Von Dutch artwork cover already including the leaked thing with the Addison Rae feature

von dutch can still work as a lead to get the GP interested in the album - it seems to be the most radio friendly and makes sense to promote it still through remix etc

1 hour ago, jumpropesparklequeen said:

von dutch can still work as a lead to get the GP interested in the album - it seems to be the most radio friendly and makes sense to promote it still through remix etc

i hope the theory is true but that seems like a nightmare for her label to have the release of a lead single and the actual album release so close together 

50 minutes ago, Chorli Xbox said:

i hope the theory is true but that seems like a nightmare for her label to have the release of a lead single and the actual album release so close together 

only Beyonce and Taylor could come up with such a risky drop release album like that.

it would be ballsy for her but tbh I can’t believe that for a second. Charli and Atlantic could never come up with that

if the album is gossipy/bitchy/full of tea - it makes sense to drop it all at once and deal with the repercussions when it’s all out in the world and not having to deal with it in the lead up 

more promo in the weeks after the album drops instead of pre-release but…

speculation is fun :diva:

I really don't want to believe the album is coming Friday because I don't want to go through the disappointment of the lead not even dropping until 2/29.

I am so excited for XCX6 to drop in June :sadcore:

46 minutes ago, jumpropesparklequeen said:

if the album is gossipy/bitchy/full of tea - it makes sense to drop it all at once and deal with the repercussions when it’s all out in the world and not having to deal with it in the lead up 

true bestie matter of fact it’ll be released tonight! i’m contacting that twink Troye rn to force her!!!:true:

1 hour ago, jumpropesparklequeen said:

It’s a charli album though- I doubt it’s going to make bbc news that she dissed Dua Lipa :deadbanana: then again we know she can’t stay off twitter 

1 hour ago, twitter said:

I really don't want to believe the album is coming Friday because I don't want to go through the disappointment of the lead not even dropping until 2/29.

I am so excited for XCX6 to drop in June :sadcore:

not to mention that the account that leaked that info tweeted that it is delayed yesterday :)

Here's my XCX6 rollout fantasy heavily utilizing the Community Texts: 

Spoiler

Thursday, 2/22

• 10AM EST: Charli send text blasts to fans who signed up for text alerts via Community. It's supposed to feel interactive, like Charli is really messaging her fans throughout the day 
    • "hey, what are you doing tonight???"
    • "i really want to party..."
    • Sending fans photos of outfit options and asking for opinions on what to wear (one of these outfits ends up being the outfit worn on the album cover)
    • "i found a cool party tonight, let's meet at 8pm?" with a link to purchase Boiler Room tickets for those who RSVP'd (fans with text updates get first dibs!!!)
  • 12PM EST: "Von Dutch" goes up on streaming along with the link to order the 7" vinyl from her Spotify shop.
    • More text updates:
      • "Add this song to your pregame playlist for tonight" with a link to Von Dutch
      • "I think I found an afterparty we can hit up too. Starts at midnight!" with a pre-save link for XCX6
  • 3PM EST: Album title and artwork reveal via Community texts, on socials 20 minutes later
  • 4PM EST: Tracklist reveal with pre-order links for physicals
  • 5PM EST: Announce some of the Boiler Room special guests through texts
    • "addison said she'll be a the party tonight too, we should all meet up!'
    • "i guess addison might be bringing troye with her too??"
    • "do you think julia would be down to go out? i was going to send her an invite..."
    • "me and caroline are getting there around 7:30, what time are you getting there?"
  • 6PM EST: Charli goes barhopping in Manhattan with staged paparazzi photos
    • FITS! FITS! FITS! Charli serves a new outfit each time she leaves a bar (think "they don't build statues of critics" type candids)
    • Charli crashes drag shows and lip syncs to her own songs across NYC
    • Charli is frequently sending fans selfies of her at the bars via Community texts
  • 7:30PM EST: Charli makes her way to Boiler Room venue in Brooklyn via the subway
    • Have a full photoshoot in a packed train car with multiple team members being as obnoxious as possible
  • 8PM EST: Boiler Room
    • The club has never-before-seen photos from the album photoshoot all throughout the venue
    • DJ sets begin with snippets of songs from XCX6 scattered throughout each set
    • Visualizers for each of the songs are projected onto the screens in the club
  • 9PM EST: "Von Dutch" remix with Addison Rae premiers with a live performance and also goes up on streaming
  • 10PM EST: Charli performs the album top to bottom wearing the same outfit on the album cover
  • 11PM EST: Charli's DJ Set
  • 12AM EST: Charli announces on the mic that the album has dropped
  • 12:01AM EST: we live we laugh we love