Fluorine

Charli XCX

2 minutes ago, Monsef said:

I think we’re forgetting that charli xcx is signed to a major label and is a pop star. No matter how much she plays into the messy boiler room early 00 careless club rat, this is a very…. “For an era” thing. she was even performing to cameras in the boiler room clips, thats corny lmao.

also,

glamours =\= high production 
those pics are just ugly

idk i find it more funny than pretentious :toofunny: i also just don't really care about charli's aesthetics, the only covers of hers that i think are cute are sucker, pop 2, and crash anyway. i get hating it if you're a bigger fan or more attached to the aesthetics of an album, personally the only artist i care about that from is lana though.

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

i like the packaging especially how the outside is as minimalist and basic as you can get with just the title and credits on it but once you open it up it’s full of photos of her and the album’s visuals :oprah3: and the low quality pixelated cover font is so trashy you have to love it :true:

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

5 minutes ago, Monsef said:

I think we’re forgetting that charli xcx is signed to a major label and is a pop star. No matter how much she plays into the messy boiler room early 00 careless club rat, this is a very…. “For an era” thing. she was even performing to cameras in the boiler room clips, thats corny lmao.

also,

glamours =\= high production 
those pics are just ugly

she's not a pop star lol - an alt pop artist with a cult following, yes

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Just now, Chorli Xbox said:

can’t we all just bully her into changing it like it worked with Ava Max :true:

no she would just double down and make it uglier.

(for the record I don’t hate it, I think it’s funny, but maybe I just don’t care cause I have apple music + can change it)

11 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

All the photos from this era give me a natural ray of light/homogenic vibe and then the cover looks completely different.

You're joking right

1 minute ago, AllForYou said:

no she would just double down and make it uglier.

(for the record I don’t hate it, I think it’s funny, but maybe I just don’t care cause I have apple music + can change it)

i mean she changed the sucker cover after everyone hated the original so…! there’s still hope 💚 

the green works fine on streaming but it’s ugly as fuvk on physicals 

4 minutes ago, Chorli Xbox said:

can’t we all just bully her into changing it like it worked with Ava Max :true:

that won't work because she's a true artist with a vision unlike ava max :smokes:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

No shade, but seeing those reactions is making me laugh so fcking hard. Charli has a vision and I'm really glad that she's sticking to it. 

This is not an Ava Max D&D type of situation, that was just an ugly cover from someone without an artistic perspective and also backbone, seeing as she's changed it in the end

Like if it was an interesting typeface and an uneven background, like a rothko painting, the texture of the 360 brat profile pic, the concrete wall of her IG profile or whatever, it would be so much better.

But no it is lowercase brat in fucking arial, vertically stretched it seems, it is more pixilated than a picture on a nokia phone and it's on a plain green background...

On the other hand, for all the Von Dutch haters, be happy the lead isn't some generic pop song that doesn't belong on the album like 1999 and BIOYL...

1 minute ago, brandon said:

i mean she changed the sucker cover after everyone hated the original so…! there’s still hope 💚  

what was the original?? honestly I think the sucker album art is my least favourite, especially when you look at the other photos in the photoshoot. 

Just now, AllForYou said:

what was the original?? honestly I think the sucker album art is my least favourite, especially when you look at the other photos in the photoshoot. 

GHbnEysW4AAZXgX.jpglol

9 minutes ago, Time said:

You're joking right

Nope-Von Dutch cover gives ray of light.

brat booklet photos gives me homogenic 

19 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

artworks-n7DlPsXfMzFQSYR4-XzNzyw-t500x50

picture52.jpg?w=1024

this paired with her club clothes at events- I’m confused what the aesthetic is? Maybe it’s not meant to be clear aesthetic direction.