Fluorine

Charli XCX

Remembering that post she had a while back (not sure if this was prior to POP2), mentioning that "so much" music was coming... I wouldn't exactly consider a few monthly single releases to be a "ton" of music... and we're already halfway through 2018. Hopefully there IS an album or couple mixtapes/EP's thrown in along the way, or to wrap up the release plan.

Ughh, I hope this all works out for her... If Atlantic would just trust her vision and put the music first... rather than their big label business practices... I mean, that's exactly what fans are upset about when you get right down to the bottom of it. The label wants "bombastic" chart-topping (if more "safe," basic, and/or formulaic) pop songs and a huge, multi-Platinum album as a result, and Charli wants to put something out that is legitimately unique, forward-thinking, creative, and that (with the proper backing) shakes up the definition of pop.

Just ranting now... but it really kinda bothers me that legitimately creative, even progressive forms of music get lumped into this strange, more "niche," alternative territory, where big labels won't even willingly back it... And as a result, people will continue to bash the state of modern pop music. :facepalm:

Only the label can ultimately decide to push newer, grander ideas... especially when they're the ones with the money and are only selectively backing artists under their own terms. Really, it's super cool that Charli has stood up to it and has found workarounds, and ways to retain her creative control, so that she CAN put the stuff out there that she's passionate about. And that's the thing... you can really see it in how she performs at her smaller gigs, like her mixtape shows or at FORM, and in how dynamic and high-energy those songs can be. You never hear stuff like that on pop radio, and that plays into the broader issue here...

honestly i don't think charli will ever be able to move past the exchange tracks until she does SOMETHING with them. i mean she'll literally be out here releasing several mixtapes, singles, and an album but we're still like "release taxi/hey boy hey girl/round & round/etc."

not even for my own benefit, but for charli's; if she wants to move past that small era and ACTUALLy BE ABLE to release music and it be appreciated.................... she's gonna have to at least throw those tracks on soundcloud or SOMETHING. like literally she doesn't even need to officially release them lmao just stick them online

honestly i don't think charli will ever be able to move past the exchange tracks until she does SOMETHING with them. i mean she'll literally be out here releasing several mixtapes, singles, and an album but we're still like "release taxi/hey boy hey girl/round & round/etc."

not even for my own benefit, but for charli's; if she wants to move past that small era and ACTUALLy BE ABLE to release music and it be appreciated.................... she's gonna have to at least throw those tracks on soundcloud or SOMETHING. like literally she doesn't even need to officially release them lmao just stick them online

Right yeah, just as something for the fans... but I'm sure there's a bunch of industry politics involved where someone doesn't get their part of the deal fulfilled with something like that, or something... like I don't see much else of an explanation really.

But like, why else would they make it so hard to just upload a song or two (or however many) to streaming/distribution services? lol

Right yeah, just as something for the fans... but I'm sure there's a bunch of industry politics involved where someone doesn't get their part of the deal fulfilled with something like that, or something... like I don't see much else of an explanation really.

But like, why else would they make it so hard to just upload a song or two (or however many) to streaming/distribution services? lol

i'm sure sophie would be okay with it. i doubt additional producers would be mad (if there are any). the only issue would be atlantic but maybe charli could just call them "unfinished demos"

honestly i don't think charl i will ever be able to move past the exchange tracks until she does SOMETHING with them. i mean she'll literally be out here releasing several mixtapes, singles, and an album but we're still like "release taxi/hey boy hey girl/round & round/etc."

X----into me, into you----X

Might be an unpopular opinion but I honestly could care less about the 2016/Exchange tracks at this point. I would rather get Focus and Party 4 U. GNO, TKO, Bounce, and Daddy Knows (Eyelar demo) all leaked. She released Roll With Me on N1A and we have like 85 different live remasters of No Angel. We also have a few remasters of Taxi and Round and Round. The Exchange songs are fantastic but I just would feel a bit silly sitting there bugging her to release songs that aren't even likely to be put out. 

i'm sure sophie would be okay with it. i doubt additional producers would be mad (if there are any). the only issue would be atlantic but maybe charli could just call them "unfinished demos"

This is what I don't get though... like why wouldn't Atlantic see it as another opportunity to make their cut of streaming and distribution sales revenue on another released song that we all KNOW exists? Like it's done, it's recorded... people love it and want to buy it... It's another $1.29 sale on iTunes per download till like, the end of time lol.

Like WHY are they not using some of these fan-favorite unreleased tracks to help further not only themselves but the "XCX" name and brand as well?

There's a lot I don't know about the music industry, but from a basic business-transaction stand-point, that just makes too much sense to me! I mean all these big labels are trying to find ways to make money in an industry that is "hurting so bad" in the internet/information age, and they won't even sell the music? Like, come on guys. :facepalm: lmao.

But again, there's a lot I don't know I guess...

Its not that simple to say "release an ep with unreleased demos" Charli has an active contract with Atlantic she can't just make songs and decide herself to release it the next day unfortunatelly its not like that and those things demands creativity, time and of course money (and a secret agenda lol). Its sad that she performed those songs and couldn't be able to release them I actually think she regrets that lol since we talk about them everyday and tags her on ig. Let's move on and be grateful that she loves her fans and do whats possible to release some songs + please us by being a great performer, singer and such a cute and awesome person. We should wait and see