Fluorine

Charli XCX

I don’t think people give Charli enough credit for her singing, and I even think she’s hard on herself... she has a unique personality that really comes through in her vocals, she does a wide variety of announciations, samples, and vocal techniques, her sound almost changes from song to song.

Like White Roses, she sounds a lot like Britney... and Fancy, she sounded like Gwen... then she’ll go from one genre to another and make it work, rap on one track, do a banging punk track, pretty falsettos in another, but it all sounds unmistakably Charli. She never sounds like she’s imitating anyone, it’s always “her” but she just pulls off so many sounds so well. Her tone is great, her personality comes through always, and while she’s not the most technical, pitch-perfect vocalist, she does so many other things well.

She always has a really strong “presence” on any given record, and her songwriting plays into that too, but she is definitely a strong vocalist in her own right. No she’s not Ariana (or insert other great vocalist here)... but that’s ok. She doesn’t have to be.

Don't get me wrong, Charli sounds great on records, and I'm not saying she has to be as proficient as Ariana but she doesn't always sound great live, and her live vocals aren't a priority for her, that's really all I'm saying. We've had a few moments over the years where she sounded amazing live and really showed her potential but she doesn't seem interested in developing it.

Good part: at this point, Taxi and R+R are the only remaining relevant old songs (that had been teased around), a really small number, even better considering It has leak potential (hello xcxmas)

Bad part: no sight of these 2 seeing the light of day

Hey Boy Hey Girl doesn't count since we don't have any solid proof of it being held by anyone other than Will.i.am

Does anyone else here stan Noonie Bao? She's an amazing songwriter, it makes sense she works so well with Charli.

such an underrated artist, the Noonia EP is so amazing. i hope she releases more solo music, but i doubt she will /:

Don't get me wrong, Charli sounds great on records, and I'm not saying she has to be as proficient as Ariana but she doesn't always sound great live, and her live vocals aren't a priority for her, that's really all I'm saying. We've had a few moments over the years where she sounded amazing live and really showed her potential but she doesn't seem interested in developing it.

Right, very true... Charli is like, more “rock star” less “Mariah Carey” (or these days, Ariana) pop star, with the perfect image and “world renowned” voice sort of thing, or whatever... which frankly, I personally relate to the “rock star” type of figure, in general, much better anyway. It’s kinda hard to explain, but it’s like, “less polished, more real.”

It kinda falls into the “alternative vs pop” dynamic I guess, if that makes sense. IMO, Charli is like the queen of all things modern pop-alternative lol.

Good part: at this point, Taxi and R+R are the only remaining relevant old songs (that had been teased around), a really small number, even better considering It has leak potential (hello xcxmas)

Bad part: no sight of these 2 seeing the light of day

Hey Boy Hey Girl doesn't count since we don't have any solid proof of it being held by anyone other than Will.i.am

they're trolling us about leaking something on xmas trust me, been there, done that, got the t-shirt

they're trolling us about leaking something on xmas trust me, been there, done that, got the t-shirt

Sold my soul and yeah, the truth hurts

bIZyMFi.gif