Fluorine

Charli XCX

Lmao ikr. Everyone keeps painting Atlantic as the bad guys, “we want a hit!!!111”, without any evidence. Charli’s on pretty good terms with them, and I doubt that anyone is stupid enough to assume that she’s going to have a hit record anytime soon. Angels’ fanfiction is the worsttttt

um whet?? i'm not painting atlantic as anything, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see a trend in the way they treat charli as an artist on their roster. whether she's on good terms with them is irrelevant and not something i even mentioned; it has to do with the fact that she released vroom vroom, n1a, pop2, and the monthly singles and it was quiet from them. they're investing in promo for 1999 (limited thus far) because yes, they want a hit. i'm saying it's dumb that she puts in the work for these great projects and atlantic doesn't do what they can to at least keep some buzz around charli's name so when the time comes to drop a single the promo isn't coming out of nowhere.

um whet?? i'm not painting atlantic as anything, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see a trend in the way they treat charli as an artist on their roster. whether she's on good terms with them is irrelevant and not something i even mentioned; it has to do with the fact that she released vroom vroom, n1a, pop2, and the monthly singles and it was quiet from them. they're investing in promo for 1999 (limited thus far) because yes, they want a hit. i'm saying it's dumb that she puts in the work for these great projects and atlantic doesn't do what they can to at least keep some buzz around charli's name so when the time comes to drop a single the promo isn't coming out of nowhere.

None of the post-Sucker material was remotely viable for success and Atlantic knew that. 1999 is one of the more GP friendly tracks, which is why they're probably going to promote it a little more. Charli relies upon her fans for music, she's not someone like Jess Glynn whose every single gets eaten up by the public, so there's no real point promoting or 'keeping a buzz' around her name. They tried this during the Sucker era and it (clearly) failed.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

I’m so tired of people (even Charli herself) calling her underrated. She has a great career and a maybe a little bit messy but also loyal fanbase. But people, mainly her fans, still think that a huge commercial success is a MUST. If she’s still not the biggest after I Love It, Fancy, Boom Clap and Break the Rules – she’s not going to be a main pop star anyway. And I think this is her destiny - playing small club shows, meeting her fans in the queue for her own concerts, having a real contact with them via social media etc.

So yeah, maybe she’s not like Beyonce or Taylor Swift but she’s definitely loved and appreciated and has a career that many artists can only dream of.

Who cares if she is not the biggest now... (geniuses are often misunderstood ; think of Galileo...) Hopefully, time will make its work and one day she will be remembered for what she truly is: the greatest musical pop genius of history whose invaluable legacy is far above the shitty one of Michael Jackson.

I’m so tired of people (even Charli herself) calling her underrated. She has a great career and a maybe a little bit messy but also loyal fanbase. But people, mainly her fans, still think that a huge commercial success is a MUST. If she’s still not the biggest after I Love It, Fancy, Boom Clap and Break the Rules – she’s not going to be a main pop star anyway. And I think this is her destiny - playing small club shows, meeting her fans in the queue for her own concerts, having a real contact with them via social media etc.

So yeah, maybe she’s not like Beyonce or Taylor Swift but she’s definitely loved and appreciated and has a career that many artists can only dream of.

Sounds dumb, I legit just want her to have a hit so that we can get an album and some music videos etc. I don't want her to be a Taylor Swift, that doesn't interest me at all - however I wouldn't mind being able to watch her latest music videos and going to buy her album in a store (the novelty things I guess).

Damn, I wouldn't even be bothered about an album as such, if they'd just release the mixtapes on CD haha

imagine sitting next to a queen and listening to the leaked album

skipping 1999 and turning up your MQ demo of Taxi, so she can hear a muffled echo.

do u think Charli played a part in convincing taylor to post that woke thing

i don't think so, taylor has been crucified by a lot of people for not speaking up towards politics and i remember last year people were convicted that she voted for trump bc she didn't 'picked' a side

anyone got a link to the 1999 discord leak please? :33`

stream 1999 on spotify it's all you gotta do