Fluorine

Charli XCX

While Bounce would've definitely been the worst thing to lead the album campaign with, I don't think a bunch of dislikes on YouTube warrants scrapping an entire project. Reading the comments on that video, it was mostly critical of how repetitive/banal the lyrics were

BzhmW.png

Thats so sad because we could get this iconic videoclip performance (vroom vroom mv teas)

Atlantic shoud've kept Bounce as a buzz single or quickly change the second single choice to CTMP, Bounce is way too experimental for the gp I dont know why they let Charli perform that on a tv show... they're not dumb they did it on purpose so they could cancel the whole album as an excuse (conspiracy theories)

you're right. Charli and her producers poured so much hard work into developing this album (at least 80 songs were made for it throughout 2015-2016) just for it all to be canceled.. 

finally someone talking about it.

I'm sure it made them nervous about GNO and the other SOPHIE tracks as well

Honest question... Why? Why though? Like ok, "Bounce was poorly received by the GP on "XYZ" late-night show, so therefore, CTMP is bad." This is basically what they're saying. Or GNO, or whatever... completely different songs, the entire idea of the album... and which, I mean, GNO ended up getting released anyway?

It makes NO sense... absolutely ZERO sense! :facepalm:

bounce remains one of her best choruses

when you kiss me I melt just like plasticine

7a44e7021fe34baea94a5531dc9f27ec.751x494

i just love the whole concept of the performance

the white clothing and background, ag laying dead on the ground

ughhhh so good  :defeated:

i just love the whole concept of the performance

the white clothing and background, ag laying dead on the ground

ughhhh so good  :defeated:

ag dying on the floor was basically me last august when we finally got to hear the studio of Bounce (even if it was just a demo) lmao 

Screen-Shot-2019-06-08-at-1-23-58-AM.pngScreen-Shot-2019-06-08-at-1-19-10-AM.png

my skinny mind i knew it was the kimmel performance that killed xcx world. that is so sad, could they really not have just chosen something else off the album to test the waters with and scrapped bounce if they didn’t like it? 

also i’m just now realizing i wanna be with you sounds like a dreamer prototype (but better)

Bounce was doomed to flop. It doesn't have the catchiness of any of the songs on the Vroom Vroom EP. While I don't think Atlantic was right to scrap the entire album, Charli shot herself in the foot with that performance choice. She could've performed, like, any other of the drafted XCX3 songs and it would've been received better.

my skinny mind i knew it was the kimmel performance that killed xcx world. that is so sad, could they really not have just chosen something else off the album to test the waters with and scrapped bounce if they didn’t like it? 

also i’m just now realizing i wanna be with you sounds like a dreamer prototype (but better)

What's bizarre is if they knew the type of fan base charli has they know none of her songs would appeal to Jimmy Kimmel viewers anyway, the brandings are totally different you don't go there to perform party songs to middle aged people unless you're a big superstar.

Bounce was doomed to flop. It doesn't have the catchiness of any of the songs on the Vroom Vroom EP. While I don't think Atlantic was right to scrap the entire album, Charli shot herself in the foot with that performance choice. She could've performed, like, any other of the drafted XCX3 songs and it would've been received better.

I wouldn’t say that... it’s definitely catchy and fits the Vroom Vroom “brand” to a T... I mean, just my opinion. But I get what you’re saying:.. it’s way less of a lead single and more of a “cult favorite” type of song.

It’s just crossed into more obscure territory which is why it didn’t work for TV audiences. But it’s tough because it IS so catchy. It’s just that people have to be open to hearing something left-field and most people have no taste lol, so it just didn’t work. :toofunny: