Fluorine

Charli XCX

y'all... charli's show yesterday was one of the most homophobic things she's ever done... making us nyc gays risk our lives driving 2 hrs to the middle of nowhere in poughkeepsie, having 5 openers that literally made my ears bleed, being surrounded by THE ABSOLUTE WORST kinds of pushy drunk locals blocking the barricade that literally only knows bomb claps, and in the end she only played a 4 song set for 12 FUCKING MINUTES before taking off in her black car... we were truly robbed  :toofunny:  :toofunny: she's srsly acting like the whole show never happened, didn't post a single tweet/insta announcing the performance or anything like that we all really thought this was a scam.. which it was  :deadbanana:

That was your first mistake even going there. She's been in actual NYC so many times this year  :hooker:

BzhmW.png

surfing youtube and came across this video:

I think it's really interesting, especially where charli fits in with her extreme sound diversity and taking risks which resulted in many hardships between her and the label. I'd like to hear what others think!

surfing youtube and came across this video:

I think it's really interesting, especially where charli fits in with her extreme sound diversity and taking risks which resulted in many hardships between her and the label. I'd like to hear what others think!

I read about this in my psychology class (about why we like the music we like). I thought it was so interesting too,how are we make and solidify neurological pathways. So we are more likely to branch into other genre if it has some similarities from our own preferences.  another thing he should have talked about should have been about cognitive fatigue from listening to the same song over and over again and how pop music popularity tends to be popular for years and then dies down a little and then comes back.

but he really is trying not to come off as a music snob when he very much is omg, from the title to some remarks but i guess he is just referring to the general popular music.

like music has never been so diverse and so easy to find. another thing that i did not agree with him about how people are not experimenting with different instruments and techniques. I know software is very popular but even then it opens up infinite possibilities for different sounds. another thing that seemed really sketchy was the lyrics things. about how hard it is to understand, lyrics intelligence lol i think this would be something really subjective because this is only one dimension bout the lyrics. its also how the lyrics are placed in the melody (something charli is a GENIUS AT imo). Not to mention the emergence of rap.  

the MOST ironic thing about this video is that he mentions that we shouldn't be so complacent about music and expect more diversity when he still listens to the same old music when ALL he has to do is just LOOK online  :creep:  Like he is part of the problem. Plenty artist out there that don't follow the industry standard that he is talking about making music and yet he doesn't listen to them. 

reading the comments in the video are giving me flashbacks from hanging out with other Bjork fans in IRL, so dumb because bjork has a really diverse taste in music and she dislikes music snobs  :toofunny:

/ rant over

anyways regarding the music record industry state I agree. They are afraid of how different Charli sounds from the other pop star girls :hooker:

Which really reminded me about what Rina Sawayama says after 4:07 in this video

https://youtu.be/vcdKbFvW008?t=247

played unleaked songs on Tinashe's discord like new version from Come To My Party, No Angel Demo, Bounce (Final) and etc...

would you be a model citizen and link me to the tinashe discord pls☺️☺️☺️