Fluorine

Charli XCX

I don't hate Sucker at all really, but you say that as if she didn't have any kind of fanbase before that or couldn't have built one without a mainstream hit era. Sure, Boom Clap/the Sucker era is what got her out there to a larger audience, but I feel like you're trying to discredit the work she did prior to that era that made her gain traction to begin with.

If anything, I'd personally say that the Sucker era having a hit to its name is what is causing XCX3 to be pushed back/scrapped/redone soooo much. Her label is trying to wait for that kind of hit again instead of letting the girl express her artistry freely and continue to build a following at her own pace based off the people who want the kind of music she's making right now.

That’s simply not what I said and you’re making stuff up as you go, Sucker (Boom Clap mainly but still, Sucker) is the album she’s known for worldwide, during the Sucker era we got features like Fancy, her only #1. I know she had a record out before and tbh she had even self released 18 but Sucker launched her where she is now

Yeah the label wants a hit and it’s probably Sucker’s fault but imo the only reason why she has been able to tour with Taylor and by herself and do all these stuff is because of that success. Like she has done so many shows during this era while still not having released an album and having no successful single, it’s obvious Boom Clap left a mark

bbc big weekend is in 15 days and she has exactly 2 fridays for a release - with the most comfortable date being may 17

primavera sound on may 30 - if she's singing something new it's probably being release between the two previous week (may 17 or may 24)

but governors ball is on june 2nd so she has a 3rd friday for a release (may 31) - unless she's a total crackhead and waste this opportunity i'm honestly open to give up on believing in her drive because it would be such a sin

it's not even a matter of me (or us if u feel the same way) being greedy but it's like the real, actual fucking time for her to release something since she's going to get the exposure on such festivals, it's the RIGHT time career-wise, it's going to blow my brains out if she goes out there to sing the old i love it-fancy-break the rules-unlock it-1999 gig

That’s simply not what I said and you’re making stuff up as you go, Sucker (Boom Clap mainly but still, Sucker) is the album she’s known for worldwide, during the Sucker era we got features like Fancy, her only #1. I know she had a record out before and tbh she had even self released 18 but Sucker launched her where she is now

Yeah the label wants a hit and it’s probably Sucker’s fault but imo the only reason why she has been able to tour with Taylor and by herself and do all these stuff is because of that success. Like she has done so many shows during this era while still not having released an album and having no successful single, it’s obvious Boom Clap left a mark

It's not what you physically said, I didn't state that ever. But that's how what you said came across to me, so I responded. I get where you're coming from and I don't even fully disagree, but I do believe that she'd be just fine without the Sucker era having ever happened. She may not be as big at this very moment without it, I won't deny, but we couldn't know realistically.

bbc big weekend is in 15 days and she has exactly 2 fridays for a release - with the most comfortable date being may 17

primavera sound on may 30 - if she's singing something new it's probably being release between the two previous week (may 17 or may 24)

but governors ball is on june 2nd so she has a 3rd friday for a release (may 31) - unless she's a total crackhead and waste this opportunity i'm honestly open to give up on believing in her drive because it would be such a sin

it's not even a matter of me (or us if u feel the same way) being greedy but it's like the real, actual fucking time for her to release something since she's going to get the exposure on such festivals, it's the RIGHT time career-wise, it's going to blow my brainds out if she goes out there to sing the old i love it-fancy-break the rules-unlock it-1999 gig

Better get that gun ready, sis  :poordat:

scRbIDq.png

Best songs are Good Girls, CTMP, No Angel, and IWBWU

Worst songs are Bounce and Queen Lizzy. The only good thing about Bounce is the prechorus (the rest of the lyrics are nonsense), and Queen Lizzy is flat and awkward

If anything, I'd personally say that the Sucker era having a hit to its name is what is causing XCX3 to be pushed back/scrapped/redone soooo much. Her label is trying to wait for that kind of hit again instead of letting the girl express her artistry freely and continue to build a following at her own pace based off the people who want the kind of music she's making right now.

It's a difficult one because with Sucker she got 2 top 10 singles as the lead artist and then Boom Clap and Fancy were global hits that year... I love Sucker but it is the reason XCX3 kept getting stalled cos ATAP and Boys didn't break the top 20 and follow the success.

Plus wasn't it the success of the poppier songs on Sucker that pushed her or inspired her to make a full pop album? Then it was the delay of XCX3 (caused by the labels expectations after Sucker) that made her create the mixtapes.

But at the same time, had we had another True Romance, with no singles charting and only a small audience she could've potentially been dropped by her label.

I think all of her releases have had an impact on her career and we wouldn't have one without the other.

It's a difficult one because with Sucker she got 2 top 10 singles as the lead artist and then Boom Clap and Fancy were global hits that year... I love Sucker but it is the reason XCX3 kept getting stalled cos ATAP and Boys didn't break the top 20 and follow the success.

w........what was the second?

w........what was the second?

if he meant the uk, she did with boom clap and doing it (with rita)

also honestly i don't understand why she sings break the rules as much as she does because the song was quite a flop both in the uk and us

if he meant the uk, she did with boom clap and doing it (with rita)

also honestly i don't understand why she sings break the rules as much as she does because the song was quite a flop both in the uk and us

BTR was top 10 in Australia

I feel like you all forget Fancy came out way before Sucker and Boom Clap

fancy peaked at #1 in june and boom clap in october?? it was literally the same era

it's not even a matter of me (or us if u feel the same way) being greedy but it's like the real, actual fucking time for her to release something since she's going to get the exposure on such festivals, it's the RIGHT time career-wise, it's going to blow my brains out if she goes out there to sing the old i love it-fancy-break the rules-unlock it-1999 gig

i'll honestly unstan if she sings boom clap at primavera dlkjhfsjdfsk not even joking

i'll honestly unstan if she sings boom clap at primavera dlkjhfsjdfsk not even joking

Don’t fool yourself

She’ll do

Boom Clap

I Love It

MAYBE a TR track

A track off N1A/Pop2/VV or she’ll have released a single which unlikely but well

y'all loving talking about getting P4U but WHERE are HBHG and WGFU... the true classics we need

wgfu is a sophie song which means we never gonna get it

hbhb it's probably lost in will.i.am's hard drive which also means we never gonna get it

wgfu is a sophie song which means we never gonna get it

hbhb it's probably lost in will.i.am's hard drive which also means we never gonna get it

tea. as much as i hate to say it these songs need to be forgotten lol. i highly doubt SOPHIE is going to release anything anytime soon so that concept is dead + will.i.am probably doesn't even know who charli is anymore.

yeet

xMcVPI7.jpg