Fluorine

Charli XCX

So... the budget on XXXTC looks like it was pretty decent with all of the effects and animation. Would a label give an artist of her success level the budget for that or would she have to pay for it? I mean Charli's label wouldn't even do music videos for her mixtapes and her other videos have been on the cheaper side (though creative enough to compensate and not make them feel cheap)

So... the budget on XXXTC looks like it was pretty decent with all of the effects and animation. Would a label give an artist of her success level the budget for that or would she have to pay for it? I mean Charli's label wouldn't even do music videos for her mixtapes and her other videos have been on the cheaper side (though creative enough to compensate and not make them feel cheap)

Tbh it seems like it was her own budget (and the video is nice). Brooke's label is not that reliable tho...

no one drag me but charli has always had bad music videos even when Atlantic gave her a budget

her best is vroom vroom

and low budget videos can still be amazing like 1night, wrecking ball, etc

WAIT THEY LITERALLY STRAPPED AN UGLY WIG ON A STRIPPER AND TRIED TO PLAY IT OFF AS CHARLI IN THE XXXTC VIDEO I CAN NOT 

That’s one thing about Charli’s videos... I appreciate her quirkiness and everything but if you’re a pop star, you gotta appeal to everyone. That means no pandering to this or that. Nothing too controversial or offbeat visuals. Just keep it accessible, keep it pop.

For the most part, she does great... and her Boys, Vroom Vroom, and 1999 videos are all brilliant, but she’s had a flopper video here and there, since the Sucker era IMO.

Like I respect what she’s doing but to the outside world, it can kinda cast a weird light on her sometimes I feel.

That’s one thing about Charli’s videos... I appreciate her quirkiness and everything but if you’re a pop star, you gotta appeal to everyone. That means no pandering to this or that. Nothing too controversial or offbeat visuals. Just keep it accessible, keep it pop.

For the most part, she does great... and her Boys, Vroom Vroom, and 1999 videos are all brilliant, but she’s had a flopper video here and there, since the Sucker era IMO.

Like I respect what she’s doing but to the outside world, it can kinda cast a weird light on her sometimes I feel.

blame it on your love we're looking at you fad. and same, i respect it but it ain't me.

lock you up deserved a video   :crossed: