Blame It On Your Love

Warm

February 2017

I Don’t Wanna Know

Official

White Mercedes

Silver Cross

Shake It

i like the way this flows more. too many transitions on the album are sloppy. it feels weird to have gone and cross you out happen after next level charli, warm after click, 1999 between CYO/click, shake it between official and feb2017, BIOYL sandwiched between two midtempo/ballads, etc. she got the beginning and end sort of right though

I'm wondering.. If XCX World never leaked, where would Charli be right now? Where would we be right now? Pop 2 would've probably never happend. She probably wouldn't have that solidified fanbase of popper sniffing fags she has now. A lot of people's lives would be very different cause the butterfly effect, one album drop can change someone's entire life cause the smallest things can have the biggest influences. Her life would be totally different. Thousands of gays' lives would be totally different. My life would be totally different tbh, even though I've been stanning before Pop 2 and I cant pinpoint an exact moment where this mixtape influenced big life changes, me listening to that mixtape probably influenced small little things in my life that lead me to be right here in this moment typing this out. I'm having an existential crisis rn. Imagining a world where XCX World never leaked fucks me up cause that's a world where everything's different. I try to block that thought out. The XCX effect. 

what definetly draw my attention, after Lipgloss and Boys, to Charli was Pop2 so i'm super grateful XCXWorld got scrapped, even tho it's a god tier good pop album.

I listened to some XCX World last night and I have to say, the parts I wasn't crazy about with it are kind of growing on me... I really wish she could come to terms with the situation and take control of her work again (I know she feels like her work has been taken from her)... but I saw a comment on that recent interview saying that she "shouldn't let the hacker win" and take back what is hers!

I think that's a really empowering take on the matter. Of course I empathize with Charli and respect whatever she wants to do, but this is her work and her livelihood... work that she said herself that she is still proud of... It's HER battle to win, especially with the time, money, and effort she's spent on it and it's ultimately in her and Atlantic's rights to the sales and royalties. Otherwise, in doing nothing, she's (decidedly) lost it all.

I also don't even believe the final mixes necessarily leaked... we know there were other reproduced/refinished versions of CTMP, Bounce, and Taxi... and GNO/No Angel were actually released with new (or added) production... who is to say that the other XCX World tracks aren't even better than what ended up leaking out? It could be an outstanding pop album, or a nice addition to her next body of work. A double mixtape, or spread the songs across multiple future releases... add some final bells and whistles on them... they are great ideas to fall back on, at the very least.

Don't let the hacker win Charles! :defeated: :defeated:

GNO would've been the lead single if the movie it was made for wasn't thrown in the trash.

bounce was going to be the 2nd single released in april 2017 and had a planned video which was never shot. the jimmy kimmel performance made a huge impact on the label's thoughts on the album as a whole. she may have said it's "alive" in her eyes, but it was definitely not the case for the label.

she also played bounce during the vevo interview in may 2017 thinking that the album was coming soon, when that was not the case.

she says she would've released the album if it didn't leak, but I don't think that's necessarily true. there were already so many problems with the label, the producers involved, sophie, and charli's attitude towards her management and label management. 

What did Sophie have to do with all of this though? She's just a producer on the album, she didn't have a say in what Atlantic chose to or chose not to release, right?