Fluorine

Charli XCX

:hdu:  the person who told me they had it is super unreliable, it was sketchy.

If it is real though, and they actually did have it, quite a few people have it then

This is the Charli fan-base. :gclap: :toofloppy:

Kerli has stans?  :teehee:

:deadbanana:

I think it's a bunch of bull when people are like "I'm the only one with it" though, because like lbr there's no way to guarantee that with 7 billion people in the world

BzhmW.png

I think it's a bunch of bull when people are like "I'm the only one with it" though, because like lbr there's no way to guarantee that with 7 billion people in the world

Only Sky and Bloodshy & Avant have "Cobra" in a group of 7 billion people. :(

Her first album wasn't my thing, but it totally seemed interesting and original. Definitely respectable. Now all I see her put out is like boring club trash though??? Her song Sugar though.... that song is the bop of all bops. Anyway back 2 Charli. :hooker: 

14417469274.gif

14 isn't what I expected... From NF&GS and Francheskaar, and songs like Too Cool, I Like You, and Princess song,  expected it to be more electronic synthpop stuff... There's a lot of very acoustic songs that sound very different from most of the other Charli music I've heard previous to this.

Watch the Rain is very different for being a Charli song... It doesn't sound like it should be her song. But she did say when she made 14 was before she really had a style. I like it though. Just not nearly as much as her more synth-pop stuff. 

14 isn't what I expected... From NF&GS and Francheskaar, and songs like Too Cool, I Like You, and Princess song,  expected it to be more electronic synthpop stuff... There's a lot of very acoustic songs that sound very different from most of the other Charli music I've heard previous to this.

Watch the Rain is very different for being a Charli song... It doesn't sound like it should be her song. But she did say when she made 14 was before she really had a style. I like it though. Just not nearly as much as her more synth-pop stuff. 

exactly, I was expecting it to be horrible based off her description but if anything (gonna get slaughtered for this) it's much better lyrically than True Romance

BzhmW.png

exactly, I was expecting it to be horrible based off her description but if anything (gonna get slaughtered for this) it's much better lyrically than True Romance

You will NOT come for the flawless lyrics of You're The One, Stay Away, and Lock You Up... (obviously What I Like and How Can I represent some weak points lyrically though.. But the bridge of How Can I is one of my favorite parts of the album.)

ehhh, i dunno. i mean they're both like super teenage angst, TR is just more dark/space/acid centered :teehee: 

there are some really wonderful songs on 14 lyrically though, i think they're about equal in lyrics to me... 

14417469274.gif

Can I just say how glad I am that I was gone for the mess that happened in this thread today omg :toofunny: Hopefully this is going back to the thread that I know and love :flutter:

So far I'm not a huge fan of 14, but I'm still listening.

Also, to confirm, the YouTube rip of Lonely Jaguar is the highest quality we have? I'll rip it myself if so, I never bothered before because I thought we would eventually get the full, but I guess we had it all along sadly :defeated:

H0bDaqU.gif

You really can't compare True Romance and 14 lyrically or sonically. Each album set out with two different goals, and two different set sounds. 14 was more just Charli making the music "she wanted to hear", while it was a bit more acoustic than we had expected, I don't think its quite fair to compare it True Romance and vice versa. True Romance was from the start and electro-pop record about love, while 14 was more just an album of songs Charli wrote and liked, there wasn't a strong theme, so while you could argue that the lyrics from 14 are more heartfelt, True Romance was written with a bit more restriction. However its also not fair to completely rule out 14 because of the lack of co-writers and producers, not to mention label backing. So what I 'm trying to get at is that it's not really correct to claim that one is "better" than the other unless talking about it from an opinion standpoint.

Uh 14's lyrics are mostly a huge embarrassment, what are we talking about.

I think each album is very different in content because 14 is very literal while True Romance has more...lyricism, I guess. I wouldn't call it poetic, it's just more like actual songwriting.