Fluorine

Charli XCX

she just did an interview and said that the original plan was to do janet album soon, and then later in the year isolate herself with only AG and SOPHIE to make a separate album in a month. now she switched the order but SOPHIE is nowhere to be seen as of yet :( check @fckyeahcharli for the interview

Where are people getting this information that the album at the end of the year was going to be AG & Sophie?

wrong thread chile

Never a wrong thread to promote Cinnamon God :legend:

wtf does she mean by Janet? like Jackson?

Weiss

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Someone else mentioned that "Forever" on Spotify now sounds a bit different with respect to the levels of distortion and now I'm kind of hearing it too. Is the quarantine getting us or does someone else hear the slight difference too in the levels/mix?

He's a genius but... Janet. Ugh.

She did really good music back then.. Nasty and Rhythm Nation are still IT, and the Velvet Rope is still a good album. We don't see it now but she was revolutionary back then. Maybe even a better artist than her overrated brother.

07772f16031f371bb19c2650cab67790a3966c6d

Someone else mentioned that "Forever" on Spotify now sounds a bit different with respect to the levels of distortion and now I'm kind of hearing it too. Is the quarantine getting us or does someone else hear the slight difference too in the levels/mix?

no, it definitely sounds different right?

If Charli can produce something like this on her Janet album I’m here for it

Yasss TVR is amazing! I love Janet, esp her material 2001 and prior. Really curious to hear how they would adapt her sound to Charli’s style.

the way everybody sent her some crazy ass beats and she’s singing over that palmistry beat

tbh, from the start it seemed like she had everything ready to go, from single cover, to name and production, same goes for claws, i bet she ain't choosing none of the fanmade but will pick a friend's cover

i think she had everything on the plate but decided to give this mixtape/album more context by sharing it with us to somehow make it more personal even though the fan participation in the end it's not THAT relevant (and this goes for the fan beats, she said she would create an email or something on her zoom meeting and nothing has been made since)

i mean, it's a theory but idk, sometimes feels like it