Fluorine

Charli XCX

So, if there's merch is there any chance of a physical copy of the album?

i wonder if the other merch item will be the book with all the artwork?

I mean at this point it'll be 9 pages so unsure what the situation is the book...

the..merch is completely onbrand for the era.. why are y'all not happy? cause its not a tshirt with the lyrics about umru and poppers? baby it's true to the era! we truly helped her create this album and that tshirt shows it. will be copping!

well can we focus on the fact that she’s donating money with this merch? it’s a good thing. and it’s not that bad!!

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

we truly helped her create this album

We didn't do shit. That was the unique selling point of the era but in reality that album would have been the same with or without zoom meetings and Instagram lives. Let's not kid ourselves

We didn't do shit. That was the unique selling point of the era but in reality that album would have been the same with or without zoom meetings and Instagram lives. Let's not kid ourselves

LMAO literally what i've been thinking this week

what were you expecting? to pick songs with her for the tracklist on facetime?

of course all the final decisions were going to be taken by her. but the way she exposed all the process made it collaborative. going on live on ig to write song lyrics, zoom meetings where she was answering questions, making music videos with our footages. that’s a collaborative process, and it was nice to see her constantly updating us about it. y’all be negative for no reasons at all.

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

yeah, from the first zoom meeting i knew we wouldn't do much on it lol

what were you expecting? to pick songs with her for the tracklist on facetime?

of course all the final decisions were going to be taken by her. but the way she exposed all the process made it collaborative. going on live on ig to write song lyrics, zoom meetings where she was answering questions, making music videos with our footages. that’s a collaborative process, and it was nice to see her constantly updating us about it. y’all be negative for no reasons at all.

People actually thought she would be using their artworks ..... Like get real

jesus christ do you always live with such a negative outlook? was that not...the whole point...of her playing music for us to choose from...the covers...etc. what the hell do you want her to facetime you every hour on the hour with details and questions about the album? do you think you're that special? anyways stream party4u on friday.

sweetheart dont kid YOURSELF baby. go back and reread what you wrote.

No, YOU go back and read what I wrote. I just told that user that ait wouldn't have made a difference without being pissed or annoyed. Like I said, I never felt entitled to anything in comparison to others.

How was my comment negative?

No, YOU go back and read what I wrote. I just told that user that ait wouldn't have made a difference without being pissed or annoyed. Like I said, I never felt entitled to anything in comparison to others.

How was my comment negative?

how in the world are you going to deny that she hasn't been completely more interactive with her fans for the creative process of this record.....like it just boggles my mind that you're more worried about feeling "entitled" when that's literally not the case at all. just saying this era would be very different without zoom calls and the IG lives.. 

how in the world are you going to deny that she hasn't been completely more interactive with her fans for the creative process of this record.....like it just boggles my mind that you're more worried about feeling "entitled" when that's literally not the case at all. just saying this era would be very different without zoom calls and the IG lives..

See? I told you to read my comment again. I said the album wouldn't be any different, not the era. Am I wrong?

I agree that Charli has been much more interactive with fans in terms of her creation, compared to previous albums. Giving us an insight into her writing and recording process, allowing us to vote on artworks, pick singles etc. Giving us lots of teasers and info we wouldn't normally get and even the zoom meetings were fun to interact with her!

However, I do think she sold this album to fans as a collaboration between us and her initially. I vividly remember her saying she wanted to hear our beats, our lyrics, our melodies, our ideas, she wanted to see fans artwork etc. Now, I don't know whether this misinformation was intentional, to get fans on board - with the outcome always being her final say. Or whether the logistics of sampling and crediting fans became an issue with this being dropped by a major label.

Either way, I can understand fans disappointment with the process not being quite how we expected... The initial idea was sold to us as fans working with Charli to make an album. And ultimately it was fans got to have some say in terms of what got released when etc. But at the same time, maybe it was naive of us to think she'd be able to pull off such an ambitious project like she hoped.

But there's no need to argue haha.