Fluorine

Charli XCX

I don't care if it's not an official album, but I want a BUDGET. 

Like the best part of an album era is the tour and music videos... and since a mixtape has no budget, she can't go on tour or release proper videos.

her doing mixtapes means she's no closer to finishing her contract with atlantic though (who knows if she even wants to leave anyways, she should) and the reason atlantic is letting her release these mixtapes is precisely because, like you said, there's no budget. so if we're not getting a real album we unfortunately wouldn't get anything close; no videos, no tour, no promo. the label isn't going to invest their money into a project if they're not going to make it back, and as successful as charli's future mixtapes may or may not be, they would also likely be free, which would not compel atlantic to spend money on promoting them.

it makes me sad that she might actually consider just releasing mixtapes from now on, she really is one of the most innovative minds in pop music right now and she deserves a real album release with real promo and a real tour with real visuals etc. imagine how much cooler n1a could have been with music videos for dreamer and lipgloss, and an actual tour. i think she's capable of so much more than what the confines of a "mixtape" has to offer for her. obviously i'm not complaining and as long as she gets to release music at all i'm happy, it just makes me sad to think we may never see a sucker budget release from charli ever again

I think "Wanna Get Fucked Up" would fit really well this mixtape.

"Unlock it" is already iconic and a bop but Jay destroyed the vibe completely in 10 secs lol

omg your so damn right!!!! thats one of my favorite songs from her

well atleast if charli fucks up her voice to the point of no return from drinking kim can ghost sing for her and give us vocals  :hooker:

LMFAOOOO a britney teas

where was Kim Petras in this lmao

The first few times I listened to it, I was like... so all Kim did was her oo ahh's in the background?? That's all she did for a feature??? LMAOO I felt stupid once I checked on genius

tenor.gif?itemid=5322762

the fact Charli releasing this mixtape during finals it the only thing keeping my going but its also a massive distraction from studying sos

I am also excited for Lipgloss' even more ratchet sister but Femmebot will truly be the star of Pop2 

Does anyone think/ hope Charli does a short Pop2 tour in the beginning of the year?

Like the N1A tour but a few more shows:

Toronto

New York

Miami

Los Angeles

San Fransisco 

Chicago

London

Paris

SHE BETTER <3 i will be there if so

her doing mixtapes means she's no closer to finishing her contract with atlantic though (who knows if she even wants to leave anyways, she should) and the reason atlantic is letting her release these mixtapes is precisely because, like you said, there's no budget. so if we're not getting a real album we unfortunately wouldn't get anything close; no videos, no tour, no promo. the label isn't going to invest their money into a project if they're not going to make it back, and as successful as charli's future mixtapes may or may not be, they would also likely be free, which would not compel atlantic to spend money on promoting them.

it makes me sad that she might actually consider just releasing mixtapes from now on, she really is one of the most innovate minds in pop music right now and she deserves a real album release with real promo and a real tour with real visuals etc. imagine how much cooler n1a could have been with music videos for dreamer and lipgloss, and an actual tour. i think she's capable of so much more than what the confines of a "mixtape" has to offer for her. obviously i'm not complaining and as long as she gets to release music at all i'm happy, it just makes me sad to think we may never see a sucker budget release from charli ever again

that's actually quite devastating the way you put it - "we may never see a sucker budget release from Charli ever again." I've found myself thinking about the longevity of Charli's career and how long she'll be able to maintain her voice until it eventually gives out; essentially thinking about how time is running out. I try not to stay stuck in that mentality though.

Have we all accepted the theory that she's in a 3 album deal with her label?? I've seen a few people regard it as fact (I mean it makes sense but still, we don't know anything for sure) 

Also, I read somewhere (look for the words "in a similar fashion") that N1A was basically brought upon us by stan twitter?? Can anyone confirm this? I feel like it was more of a thing where Charli threw the idea out there as a teaser tweet in the form of a question whilst she already had the project prepared (like this)

So far the two tracks are good, and I'm certainly not complaining that we got a 2nd mixtape but Number 1 Angel is far superior 

Charli's interview is really interesting. She talks about her label wanting her to make an album as the end goal.

ALSO, she talks opening opening for Sia on tour and she actually never saw/ spoke to Sia while touring for her  :toofunny:

I wonder if the same thing happened with Katy/ when she opens for Taylor lmao 

SHE ALSO SAID CAMILA CABELLA WILL BE WRITING FOR XCX3

2018 - She will be in the studio working with people (Camila, Stargate, Noonie, she didn't mention SOPHIE lol)... doesn't mention any release date for XCX3

She then talked about the food at the Stargate house and that was definitely the most excited she got in 13 minutes

There's hope! :( Just because there's more features on this one doesn't mean it won't be as good...and "Femmebot" is really good if it's like the demo, and most of the collabs will probably work really well. Jay Park is probably the biggest outlier, so now that we've heard it I doubt that any of the collabs will be as lackluster. A. G. knows what he's doing + even though it's a mixtape, Charli writes so many songs that I don't think these are just bottom of the barrel.

If she wanted it to be a solo project, she could've made it one. She's been friends with Brooke & MØ forever. ALMA is her friend, they've obviously worked together for awhile. Tove and her have probably been in the same circles for awhile. Caroline hangs out with the PC gang all the time. Carly is in a similar boat; they're mutual friends (or at least collaborators) with both Noonie and Danny L Harle. Dorian & A. G. have been friends for awhile, and she'll probably vibe really well. Mykki & Pabllo seem kinda random, but I think it'll work; Pabllo's Major Lazer song makes it seem like she can work with Electronic stuff pretty easily. 

(This is coming from a fan who honestly prefers solo stuff, but she seems happy with it & I think the finished product will be pretty good. Her songs with EasyFx are great; already, the two we've heard are as good as the upper level N1A stuff! Or close....I think they'll age pretty well. :) 

omg ag sampled beautiful in unlock it

I KNOW! Made me really happy! 

it makes me sad that she might actually consider just releasing mixtapes from now on, she really is one of the most innovate minds in pop music right now and she deserves a real album release with real promo and a real tour with real visuals etc. imagine how much cooler n1a could have been with music videos for dreamer and lipgloss, and an actual tour. i think she's capable of so much more than what the confines of a "mixtape" has to offer for her. obviously i'm not complaining and as long as she gets to release music at all i'm happy, it just makes me sad to think we may never see a sucker budget release from charli ever again

Honestly this is all pretty speculative but I have a feeling SOPHIE wants a pretty penny for her songs with Charli...based off the fact N1A had only one exclusively SOPHIE song (and the drops on "Lipgloss," lol), and this one has just one co-production. I'm guessing A. G. charges less...I dunno. I think they're all actually friends on some level, but ultimately there has to be a financial aspect as well. :/

Honestly this is all pretty speculative but I have a feeling SOPHIE wants a pretty penny for her songs with Charli...based off the fact N1A had only one exclusively SOPHIE song (and the drops on "Lipgloss," lol), and this one has just one co-production. I'm guessing A. G. charges less...I dunno. I think they're all actually friends on some level, but ultimately there has to be a financial aspect as well. :/

i can't imagine AG charges charli much if anything at all, he's her creative director. anything she releases he probably will also be making a cut of.

i'm not certain of this but i'm pretty sure that the exchange and xcx3 tracks charli did with sophie were all recorded between mid to late 2016. n1a obviously came out months later in early 2017 and the one sophie song on the mixtape was roll with me, a song that had been performed at the exchange and thus had been recorded the year before. so as of the beginning of 2017 charli and sophie have probably only worked on a handful of songs together. if i had to guess this is likely due to both charli beginning to favour AG's production over sophie's and also sophie beginning to charge more money for her songs, as well as focusing on her album. i don't think she charged charli anything for vroom vroom/exchange/xcx3/n1a but following those recordings she began to charge and that's why there's only one sophie co prod on pop2, though i wouldn't be surprised if she gave it to charli for free just because they're friends

why do ppl think femmeboy (not sure if it was called that) is a demo of femmebot if its a ag x sophie song but sophie isnt listed as a producer

cuz its not "femmeboy" its the same name "Femmebot".... but yeah since sophie isnt listed i dont think its the same some either