Fluorine

Charli XCX

Do you think all the new songs she's made were just to please her label or will actually make the album?

I think the Cass Lowe stuff is probably a mix of the two...but it's also interesting that she seems to like working with Stargate, who are obviously pop.

The line isn't clear between commercial vs. not commercial when Bloodpop (who she's been working with for five years) is also writing hits for Justin Bieber. Same for Stargate, who did most of the XCX3 songs...I know people talk about how good they are because of SOPHIE, but it honestly sounds like SOPHIE just added a few production elements (especially drums) after Stargate & Charli & Bloodpop wrote the initial songs. (except Good Girls and Bounce and GNO, obviously). 

She just said on Beats 1 that Unlock It was originally co-written and produced by Stargate, and then briefly mentioned how Track 10 was originally Blame It On Your Love (and how Stargate didn’t even remember the song when Charli decided to revamp it lol).

three year old songs?

But yeah i think Atlantic’s gonna try and brand her like a ~mixtape artist~ (whatever that means). At least that’s what one of my friends thinks.

3 years or 33 years old... music is music and a good song is a good song...