Fluorine

Charli XCX

Charli is difficult to "break" because she doesnt have a gimmick surrounding her. Image is huge in music now. No one would have cared about Post Malone if he didn't look like a redneck trying to look like a rapper who acts like a fratboy. All of these soundcloud rappers that seem to be popping out of nowhere rely heavily on their image. Charli is just authentically herself and making the music that she likes, and thats really hard to break in the age of instagram clout.

I feel like she's always had a very clear and distinct aesthetic that's carried into her music, performances and visuals. Like I can't imagine any of the current pop girls, say Rita Ora for example doing album covers like Number 1 Angel or Pop 2. I think she definitely has a brand, it just evolves faster than most and I think the label struggle to target her to a particular audience.

That was my point with Sucker, towards the end of the era they seemed to have an understanding of her as an artist and how to pitch her - then she changes it up. It must be difficult, like 5 In The Morning was on trend and mainstream (trap influenced almost), Girls Night Out is very much targeted at the LGBTQ+ community and then 1999 has become a radio hit.

I'm not blaming Charli or excusing her label, but it must be a challenge trying to grasp her audience.

I don't get her record label at all.. so they want her to have a top 10 hit and get some coin okay..that's cute so do we but they expect that to happen with almost zero promotion/release hype and aren't willing to even invest in the slightest effort to promote her properly? that UK top 10 hit was almost in the fucking bag if they could have got off their flat asses and get her some UK gigs and promotions! like girl even a few fucking billboards in the uk or something would be cute  :deadbanana:  if xcx3 ever comes out and it doesn't get the promotion it deserves I'm suing 

d63yq15-3111241c-203c-4c68-b6a1-861d09a7

I don't get her record label at all.. so they want her to have a top 10 hit and get some coin okay..that's cute so do we but they expect that to happen with almost zero promotion/release hype and aren't willing to even invest in the slightest effort to promote her properly? that UK top 10 hit was almost in the fucking bag if they could have got off their flat asses and get her some UK gigs and promotions! like girl even a few fucking billboards in the uk or something would be cute  :deadbanana:  if xcx3 ever comes out and it doesn't get the promotion it deserves I'm suing 

I feel like major labels are still figuring out how how to traverse the music industry now that traditional forms of promotion don't really work that well anymore. They also aren't bringing in as much money now that streaming is in play. I think Atlantic is hesitant to spend money on promo for Charli (or a lot of artists who arent big cash cows for them) because even it it gets them a moderate hit that it may not make back that money they put into promotion. Just a thought tho

I don't get her record label at all.. so they want her to have a top 10 hit and get some coin okay..that's cute so do we but they expect that to happen with almost zero promotion/release hype and aren't willing to even invest in the slightest effort to promote her properly? that UK top 10 hit was almost in the fucking bag if they could have got off their flat asses and get her some UK gigs and promotions! 

I don't think her label were desperate for it to go top 10 (they were probably expecting top 40), obviously they would be pleased but it was Charli most likely trolling us when she said that's the only way we'd get the album.

Promotion in the beginning was difficult cos she had commitments on the Reputation tour - and I mean they did get her on playlists, the 2 music videos, remixes and there was digital promo on Spotify and Apple Music etc. Again, they probably didn't want to commit fully in fear of the song flopping.

Also wasn't it gonna be a miracle if 1999 went top 10 due to the new streaming rules? I'm sure it had already been on the charts too long and they do that weird thing were certain streams don't get counted after so many weeks.

Also wasn't it gonna be a miracle if 1999 went top 10 due to the new streaming rules? I'm sure it had already been on the charts too long and they do that weird thing were certain streams don't get counted after so many weeks.

I've seen people talking abut this, but what are the new streaming rules and when did they go into effect?

if the album won't happen ,she could just release another single... I wouldn't mind another single in december

I think an album is confirmed pretty much, due to the announcement from Asylum as well as the info on her store etc. I don't think Charli would even entertain the idea if something wasn't happening - she knows her fans haha.

I'm expecting the next single January / February (however I wouldn't be mad if she dropped something for XCXmas)

I feel like major labels are still figuring out how how to traverse the music industry now that traditional forms of promotion don't really work that well anymore. They also aren't bringing in as much money now that streaming is in play. I think Atlantic is hesitant to spend money on promo for Charli (or a lot of artists who arent big cash cows for them) because even it it gets them a moderate hit that it may not make back that money they put into promotion. Just a thought tho

I just don't get how they don't see the potential that she has especially the UK, we love to support our own that's why Rita Ora is still somewhat a thing and Little Mix is still kicking it's because they are promoted properly their homeland but after Sucker charli and her label have been paying the UK dust because they want to capture the american market SO bad, they need to rebuild her relevance in the UK back up again so that when she is out in america and shit flops atleast she has something to fall back on. I don't know much about how expensive it is to promote but I feel like it would be more expensive in america since it's a bigger market but it would be feasible to do in the UK

d63yq15-3111241c-203c-4c68-b6a1-861d09a7

I've seen people talking abut this, but what are the new streaming rules and when did they go into effect?

I think once a song has been on the charts (maybe top 40) for 9 or more weeks, they don't count streams from certain platforms in order to give other artists a chance to climb - otherwise it would be a top 10 of Ariana, Drake and Travis Scott for like 9 months haha.

I believe it's in effect since beginning of December, or late November (not sure though).

I just don't get how they don't see the potential that she has especially the UK, we love to support our own that's why Rita Ora is still somewhat a thing and Little Mix is still kicking it's because they are promoted properly their homeland but after Sucker charli and her label have been paying the UK dust because they want to capture the american market SO bad, they need to rebuild her relevance in the UK back up again so that when she is out in america and shit flops atleast she has the UK to fall back on

I mean Rita Ora isn't a great example - she is more appealing to the public than Charli in terms of her music, she's a trend chaser (not a bad thing). And I know she's done lots of promo and performances but Atlantic didn't exactly make it easy for her to get her album out. She had a #2 hit in the UK and they delayed her album in hopes of US success. 

I think 1999 is the start of them rebuilding her brand as a popstar in the UK and hopefully with each single they'll get better at promoting her.

I think an album is confirmed pretty much, due to the announcement from Asylum as well as the info on her store etc. I don't think Charli would even entertain the idea if something wasn't happening - she knows her fans haha.

I'm expecting the next single January / February (however I wouldn't be mad if she dropped something for XCXmas)

i'd literally be definitely satisfied with anything she'll drop even if it's next year

edit:no matter what,even if it won't chart,she'll know that her fans will love it

Can anyone recomend me Unreleased songs? I have already listened to Sticky (my fav), Taxi, TKO, R&R (all of them bops)

I'm obsessed with Sucker, the album is fucking good :trisha: every bop on this record is great. I also have listened to Vroom Vroom and Pop2

and ofc I have spent my summer streaming 1999

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Can anyone recomend me Unreleased songs? I have already listened to Sticky (my fav), Taxi, TKO, R&R (all of them bops)

I'm obsessed with Sucker, the album is fucking good :trisha: every bop on this record is great. I also have listened to Vroom Vroom and Pop2

and ofc I have spent my summer streaming 1999

from the Sucker era:

Mow That Lawn (mtl haters get the fuck out of here........ srsly), Light It Up, Tough Love, Let's Make Love. Superlove is a Sucker outtake too but it got released... anyway lsiten to that ANTHEM

from XCX3 era:

Summer Love, Naked, White Mercedes, every XCXWORLD track and Glow

edit: ok so only now I read that you didn't listen to n1a................................................... i bet you already know what you have to do

I just don't get how they don't see the potential that she has especially the UK, we love to support our own that's why Rita Ora is still somewhat a thing and Little Mix is still kicking it's because they are promoted properly their homeland but after Sucker charli and her label have been paying the UK dust because they want to capture the american market SO bad, they need to rebuild her relevance in the UK back up again so that when she is out in america and shit flops atleast she has something to fall back on. I don't know much about how expensive it is to promote but I feel like it would be more expensive in america since it's a bigger market but it would be feasible to do in the UK

I feel like Atlantic should take the Dua route and make her a big name in Europe (especially the UK) again, instead of focusing on the US market which has been shown to ruin careers after time, build up her career again and maybe do a mini tour for EU.. it worked for Dua because now she has the international market on her side, and she can focus on the US, which is really smart and I think Charli can take advantage of that as well

giphy.gif