Fluorine

Charli XCX

Vroom Vroom feels rushed at its' most... as if they were too mesmerized to control anything, and they just put out what they could barely create.

I was really looking forward to a Hannah + Charli collab and the result is something I'd love to unhear

I had high hopes about this :(

Vroom Vroom feels rushed at its' most... as if they were too mesmerized to control anything, and they just put out what they could barely create.

I was really looking forward to a Hannah + Charli collab and the result is something I'd love to unhear

Opposite of rushed, it should've come sooner. The songs were recorded in January 2015

Demos_copy.png

These songs were worked on since Jan 2015, they aren't rushed in the slightest. I think you just set impossibly high hopes (from what I read in artist threads) only to be disappointed. I sort of agree about Paradise since the vocals do seem to have an issue with overpitching and not matching Charli and Hannah's vocals together. Every other song seems very strong.

OT, I never really rated the EP yet.

Vroom Vroom - 7/10

Paradise - 5/10

Trophy - 10/10

Secret - 10/10

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

These songs were worked on since Jan 2015, they aren't rushed in the slightest. I think you just set impossibly high hopes (from what I read in artist threads) only to be disappointed. I sort of agree about Paradise since the vocals do seem to have an issue with overpitching and not matching Charli and Hannah's vocals together. Every other song seems very strong.

OT, I never really rated the EP yet.

Vroom Vroom - 7/10

Paradise - 5/10

Trophy - 10/10

Secret - 10/10

It's just that I REALLY like SOPHIE and Charli... and I thought they would create something very very good.

For example, Vroom Vroom is the song I like the most, but it feels chopped? Like a part of the song was cut off the beginning?

Paradise I can't even talk about... They way they even sing it, it feels like it's anything but serious.

Trophy's good, but it's SO repetitive. A part was recorded and repeated a lot.

And by the time I got to Secret, all my intentions of listening to the whole thing were gone...

I feel the EP would be a-ok for a new artist, but Charli's been writing and producing a lot, it's not her first creation but it sounds like it is.

It's just that I REALLY like SOPHIE and Charli... and I thought they would create something very very good.

For example, Vroom Vroom is the song I like the most, but it feels chopped? Like a part of the song was cut off the beginning?

Paradise I can't even talk about... They way they even sing it, it feels like it's anything but serious.

Trophy's good, but it's SO repetitive. A part was recorded and repeated a lot.

And by the time I got to Secret, all my intentions of listening to the whole thing were gone...

I feel the EP would be a-ok for a new artist, but Charli's been writing and producing a lot, it's not her first creation but it sounds like it is.

I feel like Trophy could've used more samples but idon't know how good it would've sounded as the final product. Secret is so dark yet fun and I can totally agree on Paradise. Vroom Vroom sounds slower(???) but not at the same time.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

I think my growing problem with Charli is theres nothing to her anymore. Sucker was very clearly derivative of it's own influences both sonically and lyrically and it was just bubblegum pop with a bit of a "punk" tinge. This new EP goes even further into this issue. Its a Charli XCX EP but it sounds like a SOPHIE EP with Charli's voice on it. It may be pushing the boundaries of pop, but its not really doing anything unique because its nothing SOPHIE and the rest of PC Music haven't already done before. Its a nice release for what it is, but I just hope that isn't the sound of her album because instead of a true collaboration, the Vroom Vroom EP comes across as about 90% SOPHIE and 10% Charli. I think I got into her so much because True Romance was truly unique and really felt authentic rather than feeling completely derivative of it's influences and collaborators.